Tall but small grow; HELP!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by CaptainImtheshit, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Hello buddies!
    So, I have a wardrobe that I'm going to turn into a grow. The thing is it's about 75x35x230(tall) cm.
    I'm somewhat "studied" but never grown my own. Also never saw any journal featuring such small but tall space.
    I'm waiting for my lights to arrive, I've bought 2 chinese lm281b 120w QBs and 14 AC cobs. I was planning on using the 2 QBs and 10 or 12 cobs on my grow and the other 2 or 4 cobs on my clone space, about 40-50x25x50(tall) cm.
    One more thing: I'm planning on going hempy bucket.

What do you guys think, should I make the max out of the grow or divide it into two little ones with more harvests a year?
    Generally i get pretty anxious when smoking street weed, and I suffer of anxiety aswell.
    Have these strains (all feminized, photoperiod, that I'm planning on herm speccially the gorilla banana bcuz I want a redudancy in case something goes wrong with clones. Also small space lol) and I'm planning on flowering one CBD and one THC strain together at a time. (This way I'll have something to help with the anxiety and something to cheer me up and focus to work and/or have fun)

Strains available:
    doctor seedsman 30:1 (3 seeds)
    peyote wi-fi cbd 1:1 (3 seeds)
    galaxy (2 seeds)
    the white og (3 seeds)
    special queen #1 (1 seed)
    zquittlez glue (1 seed)
    gorilla banana (2 seeds)
    seedsman blueberry (3 seeds)
    seedsman white widow (3 seeds)
    Rainbows (a Zquittlez cross with an unknown crop by BSF seeds) (4 seeds)

I was planning on growing doctor CBD 30:1 and rainbows for my first run as I have more seeds of those and want to get at least a first timer before I try to clone and herm my other crops.

Blue dream is a next buy of mine, heard it is good for anxiety.

Oh, also recommend some training techniques, I was planning on LST and fimming to have lots of tops close together and make good use of the high power of light.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thats definitely not tall enough to divide in half unless you are looking for a major pain in the ass as far as training goes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah, I think so. But let's say its your grow, what would you do in this space?
    Just to add: Got back home today and measured the cloning space, it's actually 65x29x75 cm

4. Micro Grows
    Take a long evening and sit in a comfortable chair a search the micro-grow section of the forum. You will be inspired by what other "little" growers are doing.
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I grow in about 24"/61cm from floor to ceiling under quantum boards and cobs. You can check out my thread linked in my sig if you want. I have a few pics of a wardrobe grow I did years ago...it had drawers at the bottom though and I wasn't using quantum boards yet so I just did the one level.

I'd throw a big filter and exhaust fan in the top of that wardrobe and split it into 2 levels inside, leaving the edges between the levels open so that it's one air chamber..kinda like wetwalls but for air. Passive intake at the bottom with staggered slots in the wood to lighttrap.
    like so...

wardrobe.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. #6 rightsideup, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    Like bongsause showed, you can definitely split that and have room for a small carbon filter.

You can grow in 1 or 2 gallon and have 2 plants per section up to about 24" tall, or have 1 each in a 3 gallon.

If you grow autos you can stagger your grow and not worry about light bleed

Lights would need to be well spread so you can get them closer to the plants, like a quantum board or strips, no cobs unless you're going to run them at really low power.
    You only need about 100 watts per level for a space that size

If you don't split than you could use cobs.

This is almost the same size, just much shorter. You can do two of these, have room at the top for a real carbon filter, and still have more vertical space for the plants

Mini Closet Cubby

Sent from my phbgf uijj tplkjn

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hello boys! Been some time and I'm feeling a little ashamed about not letting you guys know about my journal (a little lonely too).
    Pay me a visit, I'll love it!
    Abandon the ship! Micro grow.