surfing appreciation thread

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by tokin jax, Sep 30, 2012.

1. I wish this thread was still alive!!! So much love for surfing & every beautiful wave the ocean sends our way <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Finally got some wave action this weekend since the monsoon returned, but before I could get in the water, lads were paddling back in. An eight foot saltie was prowling around. The sharks and stingers are almost enough to keep me away as it is, but throw in a croc too? Fuck that noise. What a suicide mission.

Can't catch a break up here :rolleyes:

3. Damn that is gnarly. If there was a fat shark in the area could you not go to a close to shore beach break wave? Dunno if you have any where you live though

4. For me, the south winds are back and I am having life changing sessions. Charged some huge waves with my 7 foot gun

5. Lucky bastards. Got a huge swell over the weekend, talking 1 foot overhead minimum (verrry rare here) with super clean conditions. I guess I was the lucky one :)

6. I lived in California from the time i was 7 to 19, needless to say 15-19 were the happiest days of my lives so far. Nothing beat getting up early at 6am smoking two joints and paddling out into the ocean while the sun came up. Now currently in CT and miss those days, I still have a board it just doesn't get much use besides summer time in RI.

7. #48 mandrin13, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013
    Free streaming surfing round 4 of the ASP tour, starts around 2:30 eastern everyday between now and next thursday. Waves can get up to 20 feet high, keep your fingers crossed!

Volcom Fiji Pro 2013

8. I would love to, need to learn how to swim first hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  9. I wish I lived in socal so bad

10. Slater got a 10 and 9.8 in the final the other day....sick

[​IMG]

11. Bumping this relic to report that after 30 years of living the landlocked life, I finally live in a place with regular swell (and no crocodiles).

LG brothers :smoke:

12. It was my life until I moved to the Rocky Mountains.

• Like Like x 1
  13. It's not that hard. Do you have YMCA near by? They will teach you.

14. there are worse places you could have traded the ocean for

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Heading into the best swell of the year and I have a busted shoulder and a broken foot.

Fack. It's a shitty feeling, dudes.

16. Im not a Surfer but I respect those who do it a lot. Yall are super Brave ngl!!!! Great job guys. :)

~Toni~

17. Next week is forecast solid 6' and offshore. And my shoulder's too fucked to paddle. :hide:

Anybody getting any swell?

18. 7' today, offshore, and I'm still in recovery.

Anybody that I can live vicariously through? I can hear them crashing from my front porch.

19. I'm pretty much the only poster in here, but I feel compelled to repel that the majority of waves this season have come with thoroughly on-shore winds.

The good-bro in me wants to feel bad for my fellow surfers. In reality, I'm so glad I didn't miss anything epic.