Suggestions on a crumble/resin rig

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Headhunterpipes, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Thinking about buying my first crumble/resin rig .
    I have looked at some ,,, I have never been able to smoke out of a bong .
    I lost most of my left lung while in the service ,, If its a bong then its not going to work for me ..
    What ever type or kind of rig it is I need to be able to lightly hit it .
    Normally I put the crumble mixed in with my weed in one of my Peace pipe style pipe's .
    I can baby hit those pipes so I don't over load my lung capacity .
    But i have a butane lighter over a open bowl .
    I would like to find something that i heat the outside of a gas bowl .
    I used 1 dab rig in the past ,,, but the dab had a high butane taste to it and made me cough violently
    I don't plan on smoking Dab in the pipe/rig you guys suggest .

If possible please post a link to the rig you would think would work the best for me .
    willing to spend 100.00 bucks for the rig ... i want something user friendly and durable if possible .
    It will be for home use ,,, size really isn't a issue

Thank you

2. I bought a small bong and a glass thing that fits the bong that is used for dab .

major issues on how much i heat the glass dab rig .
    Either I am way to hot or not enough .
    Open to suggestions on how to use the dab rig .

My next door neighbor let me use his way cool bong/honey straw nectar collector where i heat the tungsten .
    so far this worked the best for me , but I haven't found anything close being like it that is for sale .

I see all kinds of honey straws but all the ones i see are dry straws .
    Is there a place that sales some nice bong/honey straws ?

3. The nectar collector might be the simple unit you need instead of a standard dab rig.

Although this one is all glass, in case you have concern about breaking it; they do make them now in silicone for travel ease.

3AB610DF-0C66-41C6-8CF8-3013048EA86F.jpeg
    If you are looking at dab rigs for durability, TAG (Thick Ass Glass) is my go to.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I figure they are all fragile .
    is there a link you can post

5. [​IMG]
    Neighbor uses a bucket on a standard bong.
    Torch till it glows then cools for about 15 seconds and jam the stick with the hit in the bucket.
    Schwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsh.
    Hold till your head is spinning on your shoulders and exhale.
    [​IMG]
    LOL

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  6. This is a Amazon link to an example of a silicone one.

If you have a smoke shop that’s local to you, I’d bet they have these in stock for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  7. We have been thru a few means of using dabs and honeycomb, ideally the electric nail on a bong is by far our favorite, even with my wife who has pretty weak lungs. However it may be too much draw, would more probably depend on the bong/ water level, I couldn't say.. and it is a pricier(100enail+bong) set up, however pays back in the minute amount that it uses, like just the coating of a small dab stick, or tiny crum. Besides the electric nail which keeps consistent temps, we really enjoy our Evolve dab pens, fully serviceable and clean able, portable. Ours are just the two heating coil version, there is a quad if you want higher, think they run around forty bucks, probably depends on from where. If your a heavy toker, I would get two as they can get a bit hot and battery charging. The down side is the enclosed area needs to be cleaned and maintained but for fiddler's it's not an issue as well as how hot they get and semi recycled oils aren't as clean a flavor. Great for travel and social settings tho.
    There are so many solutions, I do recommend a enail if your a responsible dab user tho. Only about 100 on Amazon for everything but the bong and dabs. However as with everything, certain things dictate needing a space for them, which we have our set up ina permeant location cause it's more about safely keeping something holding a temp of 500-710 F(personal range) usually stick around 680. It only costs about 1 amp or so to keep on. Seems like our cheapest means, besides taking barely anything to get a well temp hit when you want.
    I suppose you could use one of those straws over it, it would save heating the straw itself and other issues of pressing hot utensils to dab mats.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I use a standard beaker bong from gold diamond glass and a reclaim catcher with 14mm male joint. I use a qwertz banger with a torch but switching to an enail soon. And yes its worth it to get a carb cap.

• Like Like x 1
  9. My next door neighbor told me that the honey straw you posted makes the extracts taste like silicone .
    they have those here in a head shop but didnt buy because what my neighbor said.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You can easily buy one that has a center glass piece. Sounds like your neighbor has temperature control issues perhaps.

If you wanted to maybe spend some cash, for $300 or so you can pick up a Puffco, which is essentially a dab rig that heats itself up to the perfect temp. No guess work or butane to heat up your mechanism. Much easier to control if you were shooting for a perfect hit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You want a desk top/table top unit or a portable hand held unit?
    I like my shatter and my wax/budder. A desk top unit is just not practical for me. I use a Utillian 5 wax pen. It’s outstanding.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I think a very very small dab rig might be accetable. A low temp dab in a tiny rig, like something that you could fit in your palm, or maybe like 5-15cc would be okay. And I think the key here is the temperature, heat is biggest enemy when concerned about harshness I think. If you have to waste it a little to get a good hit, then so be it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I ordered this dab rig in .. really very much like smoking or vaping live resin or crumble.
    This something like what am looking for except a little on the small size .
    Amazon.com: Erichworld Glass Nectar Honey Straw 510 Screw Interface Wax Collector Carving Travel Kit: Kitchen & Dining
    Really looking for a rig like this but about 4 times larger ..
    Not looking to take the rig out the house ..
    If you guys have more suggestions i am still looking .

Also looked at the Pufco vaporizers

Thanks for the help

14. I have a pufco, a nectar collector and a dab pipe.

The puffco is by far the easiest on your lungs. It would work great for you. The only thing I don't like about it is you have to clean it with a q tip and alcohol after every use. Sometimes I put too much in there and you aren't supposed to leave it in there.

If you really want a great nectar collector and you can't find one, I'd send you one like mine. One of the guys from GC was traveling the coast of Oregon and stopped here. He liked mine so much, he went and bought one just like it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. thank you can you send me link to the nectar collector you have .

the Puffco i didn't know they needed cleaned all the time ... guess its out .

16. I was looking at the E nails ,,, any thoughts ?

17. I can't send you a link to my nectar collector bc it's made locally by a local glass blower. The glass shop here always has about 3 or 4 to pick from. they are all the same but the handle has a little bit of color.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Would your glass blower be interested in making me custom piece ?

19. I don't know him personally. I just know the ones in this glass shop sells the ones he makes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I did look up glass on glass nectar collector straws .
    Some of the sites i looked at the pipes are like 699.00 bucks and not as nice as the one i am using which belongs to my next door neighbor.
    I am super scared I will break the nectar collector i am using so very much looking for the right one for me.
    I do want the best smoking nectar collector for the buck .