Subscribing/Watching new threads and forums on the new Grasscity Forums

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by Superjoint, Mar 20, 2016.

1. As you might have noticed, since we moved over to the new forums, all your subscribed forums and subscriptions to your favorite threads have been removed. I understand the frustration, but moving to a new platform gave us no alternative. However, the new notification, alert and watch forum/thread system on our new forums is very easy and user-friendly. Please read the short instruction on how you can subscribe to your favorite content on the board and be notified via inline alerts or via email.

Subscribing to a Forum, click the "watch forum" text and choose to be notified via alerts or via email when new threads are posted to your forum of choice:

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 14.16.26.png

Subscribing to a Thread, click the "watch thread" text on top of the thread and choose to be notified via alerts or via email when new threads are posted to your forum of choice:

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 14.18.12.png

For a quick overview of the status of your "watched threads" and "watched forums" you just click on the buttons in the top menu:

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 14.15.58.png

There is a new feature, where you can "Bookmark" individual posts for later reference or posts that have very valuable information for you. Just click the "bookmark" text under each post save this to your bookmark list:

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 14.35.05.png

To view and go to all your bookmarks, click the bookmark icon next to the conversation button and your account avatar in the top menu:

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 14.35.26.png

Important!!! When replying to an existing post or starting a new thread you will be automatically given the choice to subscribe/watch the thread you are posting or are replying to. You can always choose not to be notified, and you can choose later on in your notification settings in your account if you want to unsubscribe/unwatch any forum, threads or posts.

Thank you for your time - Superjoint

• Like Like x 9
  2. Okay, say a thread I subscribed to, isnt being updated, and I wish to update it how do I do that? Before, I would have a list of my threads, and I if I wanted to post in a specific thread I can find it fast. Im guessing the summary of op is bookmarking is the new 'subscribed threads'.

edit- thanks SJ

• Like Like x 1
  3. He @Rotties4Ever, no the "Watched Threads" button in the top menu is your way to go, you can also access that via your account dropdown menu:

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 17.25.44.png

HOWEVER!!! if none of your Watched Thread are updated, the Watched Threads overview is empty, which is confusing, to get an overview of all your watched threads, there is a nifty link which is not clear and we need to fix that, but you can access it here:

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 17.24.13.png

The direct link is this: https://forum.grasscity.com/watched/threads/all

The Bookmarking is what it is, bookmarking individual posts and stuff that you want easy access too.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thank you for the update SuperJoint. The new addition is let's say cool for this high moment of my life. I will help users around the board with any questions on the new update.

I look forward to seeing the website and the community progress throughout the online society's. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank You SJ, I found what I was looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thanks so much for reaching out and helping me SJ, much appreciated, you guys are amazing thank you for your awesome work, no complain at all, I have been enjoying the new format, change for better:)

• Like Like x 2
  8. The bookmark idea is a great one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 ha420, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2016
    Is there anyway I can get my grow journal back or have to start new?

10. Thank you SJ! This makes far more sense now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for the information. I've been away from the site for a while and appreciate the reminder.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I havent logged into this site in a long time.last time i ws on here the site an community was beyond disrespectful, haters pertty much so i moved on.i will see how this experience goes this time.Anything like the last .i wont be back agian. If your gonna hate,move on to the next site. Thanks all

• Like Like x 1
  13. What if I don't want any of that at all and I just want to post without being told 'x has made a post in the thread you just posted in because you are now watching it by default because you posted in it.'

14. #15 WaxPayne, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    IMG_5335.JPG IMG_5336.JPG

Get on the desktop site. Unwatch all threads you don't wanna be a part of. Go to your preferences and uncheck that first box. Should be ok

Edit: @Macky Handsome let me know if this worked dude

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hi, I have my setting set to not auto watch threads, and not to get emails, but I'm still auti watching threads and getting the emails.