Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Struggling with chocolate

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by doob3r, Jan 27, 2021.

1. I’m struggling to make some chocolate bars, it’s been super annoying working with chocolate but I refuse to give up,

I’m trying to whip up some bars but when I melt my chocolate and add my material the mix is too dry and turns into a play-doh type thing, I can thin it out with water or milk so it’ll go into a mould bit then it won’t setup right do you expert chefs have any advice on how to remedy this?

I’m using just chipped milk chocolate made for melting and casting into moulds

2. 'cooking' or 'baking' with chocolate means you cook at 1 temp
    then conclude by ramping up the temp from 30c? to 51c...? for 5 mins to get the choc to set

check google first

good luck

3. It’s not a temp thing it’s a too dry after I add material please see original post

4. BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    Kat dosen't post any longer so you'll have to dig for the answers in her thread.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it
    Sams group includes some cooks so likely find an answer there.

I'd think you'd be making an infused oil to add to Chocolate but i'm not the cook in the household.
    I know that brings it's own issues.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. So what are you using to infuse the chocolate with? Is it like chocolate wafers you just melt and pour or more like chocolate chips? :huh:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Here's the easiest way to make chocolates.
    1. Decarb 6 grams herb @ 240 F for 40 min (it will become about 5.7 grams afterward)
    2. Grind to fine powder
    3. Mix together the following ingredients in the following proportions. Amounts can all be multiplied by any factor.
    (5 g Decarbed Herb Powder) + (70 g melted chocolate chips) + (5 g Lecithin) = 80*(1 g, 10 mg THC servings)
    4. Bake mixture @ 220 F for 40 min
    5. Pour into molds of a convenient size

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the help! I figured it out, when you add material that takes the moisture from the chocolate you have to add a teaspoon of cooking oil at a time until it’s creamy again, thc olive earl for the win

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sounds like a plan. If it gets too greasy you can add a little coco powder.

9. Awesome thank you so much for the tip

• Like Like x 1