Streaming Thoughts From My Cabin In The Woods.

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by HillbillyHoax, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Good To "SEE YOU" Hillbilly :metal:

The Vibes around here already feel better !!!

Later Buddy :wave:

2. Glad to see you back around Billy :hello:  :bongin:

:smoke: y

3. Hey friends here is a little music by The Ozark Mountan Daredevils, the song is called Fly Away Home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxqe2UnasDw

It is good to be back in The City even if only for a little while!

Doob the grow is looking so good! I am jealous of your over crowded closet! One day this sweet herb will be legal and I can go back to growing!

4. Hey HH,

Thanks, Next time I'm only Growing 3 plants... (the size of my closet is VERY SAD.....)

Enjoyed the Music !!!

"When that Evening Rain Comes Down, Let Your Head Get Lost in the SOUND"

Classic

Later Buddy :wave:

5. Like the puff, puff, and pass from the Doob in the Moon
    here's to the Hillbilly rejoining us soon
    from this cardboard chameleon with a funny new name
    even though you're not playing, you're still in the game
    you don't need a garden to offer your view
    of the things that we grow and what you would do

6. #846 OldDoobie, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013

All *I* CAN SAY IS: "How True, How True...."

7. Yeah, what they Both said..lol..

8. If I am right tomorrow is your day;  hope it proves sunnier than mine.

9. Hey Hillbilly :wave: :wave: :wave:

Hope Things Are Good For You and Yours :hello: :hello: :hello:

Just Thinking of you :smoke:

Later Buddy :wave: :wave: :wave:

10. Oh where, oh where has our Hillbilly gone?
    Oh where, oh where can he be?
    With his BUDS so GREEN and his VIBES so MISSED

Oh where, oh where can he be?

:( :cry: :wacko: :confused: :blink: :ey: :unsure:

11. Thanks for the love while i have been gone! I miss this place and think of my friends often! Some day we shall be free! I have a dream that some day the little girls and boys of us pot smokers can play with other little kids and we dont have to worry about the man kicking in our door! I have a DREAM!!!! but seriously these drug laws are fucked. I am trying to make the rounds to see everyones current grow.

Peace and love,
    :wave:

12. His garden is empty, his cupboard is bare
    but we still come a knockin' to see if he's there
    though no one can fault him for makin' his choice
    the City is dimmer without his sweet voice

13. Man you guys just don't know how much I love this place and the people I've met! The good vibes are tangible! I feel so out of touch with what everyone is doing and am making a feeble attempt at getting around to see everyone and message them.

Peace :wave:

14. Lets start this off with Isaac of The Corbitt Brothers doing one of his sweet harp jams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHQkFyB93RA

Good morning friends! Life is good! I quit my job and sold my truck. Life is a lot less stressful for the moment. It was coming all along but I finally had enough and said f#@k this. The icing on the cake was a few weeks ago. I had been having a hard time keeping up with the maintenance and fuel on my truck, half of anything I ran went to fuel and then another 20-30% went to repairs and maintenance. It seemed like I couldn't run more than about 3 days a week between the truck being down, lack of work or some other unforeseen crap! So then I get a letter that says I have to go do my twice annual random, which just pissed me off to have to cheat at it for cannabis, took some clean pee in a condom and passed with flying colors. It happened to land on the same week as labor day. So I am off Monday for labor day miss a day to go random on Tuesday because they could only schedule it for the middle of the day. Wednesday I had a blow out. Thursday was good but Friday started out with being stuck behind ass holes doing 20MPH below the speed limit and screwing any chances of making any money. Not to mention being pulled over twice in as many weeks for BS and getting tickets for chicken crap things. I had enough called my wife told her to bring me my titles "I'm done!".

So now I wake up at 5am read my bible, smoke a bowl, play guitar, drink coffee and start work at 7am. I have had ZERO panic attacks since I quit my job. Panic attacks and chest pains became normal daily stuff for me. I don't have to worry about some jack wagon pulling out in front of me getting them selves killed and ruining my whole fucking life just because I burn the herb at home. I just couldn't shake those thoughts. I couldn't shake the worry!!!!! But now I only worry about making my house payment but that isn't a big deal. I have enough money from selling my truck to get me by until something else comes along not to mention I have work now. The man who purchased my truck wants me to haul loads for him from time to time and I have odd jobs lined up. Not much $500 here $1000 there, I should be golden until after the first of the year.

My family has always talked about having a few dreams. One was a restaurant, bureaucracy fixed that dream for us last year. The local gov wanted me to spend $20k-$30k on a maybe that they would allow it... are you kidding me? So scratch that one off the list. Another one is farming! Now that is something that has a good chance of working! So I have been helping my family who raises beef and dairy cattle. I make $250 a week doing morning and evening calf chores and I get my choice of cattle I want to buy from them first. The bank is willing to lend me about half the money I need to get my own operation started but I have to put up my cherry Harley... I am not so sure about that one :) If I lost her for what ever reason I can not go out and buy another one... she is 45 years old all original and in almost perfect condition. It is the bike I dreamed of since I could dream. My dad has one that is just like her and I always wanted one of my own. I cried the first time I rode her. She is named and a member of the family. The missis gets mad when I try and ride her into the house though... I am sorry I got side tracked. Anyway dream #2 of farming looks like it is gonna happen. I will be running about 50-75 beef and dairy cattle along with about 100-150 goats! WOO HOO we are cooking with gas now! It is a dream to be able to wake up at a good hour in the morning (when I was trucking I would wake at 2am to beat the rest of the trucks to the pit) do a job I enjoy with people I love and no ass hole to fire me, sabotage me (like cause a wreck to sue me) and I can walk around with a bowl in my pocket and spark up when ever the eff I want!!! I am the man! Ok well maybe not really but that's how I feel right now.

We are coming so much closer to self sustainability, I can see it on the horizon like a glorious sun rise!!! We have enough animals to provide a feast for our family. This year for Thanksgiving we are inviting all the family to our house and even some friends. I have 3 turkeys I purchased for the sole purpose of eating this year. One is nearly 40lb and the other two look like they are about 20lb, they can barely walk they are so heavy. That is one thing I don't like about commercial breed birds is they just eat until they can't move and I feel bad for them, but dang they are tasty! We also purchased several heritage breeds to hatch our own birds out for next year.

We now have in our bird yard the turkeys but we also have chickens, guineas, quail, ducks, and geese. We hope to be hatching out all of those next spring. We already hatch chickens, quail, and are about to hatch our first 10 ducks.

We hope to be butchering our first goat soon and that will put meat on the table for a while. We are starting with baby steps but our goal is to only go to the store for spices and things we can not provide for our selves. Next step is getting the green house set up and going. Maybe this winter?

Ok I am sure you are sick of my rambling especially since it isn't about growing the herb. If you made it this far I would +rep you but they changed that :) Thanks for keeping up with me. My brother who lives in Colorado is going to start growing and wanted me to help him so he should be coming around here in the next couple of days. I told him to introduce himself and I would get him hooked up with you amazing friends who helped me grow the best smoke I have ever enjoyed. I will also be posting some soil recipes and other grow related items in here again. My brother is NOFX1882 if you see him around say hello and maybe harass him a little :) He is a cool guy who is very much like me but loves refer a little more than I do :)

Well it is getting close to chore time so I better finish my coffee and jet! I can't tell you how much I appreciate and enjoy my friends here who still message me and still read this drivel that has little to do with Gods green gift.

and we will part with The Corbitt Brothers - Can't See The Forrest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wYGfl65tkE

Peace and love my friends :wave:

15. You are part of the family here, my friend;  there's no requirement that you have to grow weed.  Happy to see you've turned a corner and see the rainbows that life offers.  I knew that the job was stressful and glad you were able to transition to something that provides you with peace of mind.  I remain subscribed here in the belief that even if you never grow again the feeling of community here will draw you back;  there is much more to share than stories of growrooms. 

16. I have actually grown to like the "other stuff" better! I know I can always rely on a few friends who will keep in close touch! I'll be back later I gotta work!

17. #857 Pink, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
    Hey HH,

Hope the fall is not too challenging for you with the harvest and clean up and the winter prep, and culling the animals, and making sure everyone will survive the cold. I wrote that and got thinking that I'd be overwhelmed myself in a second with all listed lol. You bit a big piece of a pie. And that's the only way to learn and get wiser imo, so I'm hoping you feel happiness and accompllishment in the process, and I'm waiting on your updates regardless wether you grow weed or not.  You still smoke, don't ya? I miss your musings. Hoping to see ya soon.

edit: the way you say "we" makes me think you are confident and happy with your partner. Happy for you there too! Doesn't happen too often, reward her for being on the same page. 

18. Thanks Pink! I def burn the herb now more than I did before! I keep a bowl on me while I'm at the home place and toke all day. It is a big scary list that needs to be done. This is the first time in my life I don't have a paycheck coming in regularly and it is scary as hell! I keep telling my self no matter what I do in life it will be hard work that doesn't pay as much as it should, at least I get to spend everyday with my family. Everyone is enjoying it so far, even physically fighting 600lb steer calfs into a trailer. My wife is the coolest gal around! She supports me in everything we do even if its scary. The guy I sold my truck to just got done with all the repairs, it took 3 weeks and cost almost $10,000. I would never have had the money to do that so I made the right choice in selling out when I could.

We got a new goat that is due to kid in the next few weeks. That will be a fun new experience for us. The rest of the goats are doing well and growing like mad. we will be building a kidding and dairy mother pen in the coming month to get us some more goat space.

We have been plagued by a bobcat for a week now. We have lost 6 spectacular turkeys and 4 good laying chickens. I am so mad! I am declaring war on this cat! I saw her and hoped she was passing through but the next morning we started missing birds. I will trap her or shoot her but she will be gone. The dogs are not deterring her and urinating around the property isn't keeping them out :( so that only leaves one choice. We are planning on doubling the bird yard and building a chicken house for all the birds where we can lock them up at night where they are safe.

We will be selling our first group of calfs and be buying some more this week. I think we may try to pick up about 20. I gotta start getting them moving otherwise I won't make it till March.

We have been losing an extraordinary amount of quail keets out of this last batch so we are changing some of our practices with them and are gonna see if that helps. We should be hatching out our first ducklings in the next week so we are very excited about that. Everything else is hatching and growing well.

I guess that's about it for a farm update. I've been thinking of starting a homesteading class kind of thing to support the farm but haven't put it into action yet, still a pipe dream.

Ohhhh speaking of pipe dreams I need to smoke and shower!

Peace my friend, thanks for coming by the cabin! :wave: hope to see you again soon!

19. Hey folks! I've been lurking around The City trying to fill my brain with as much canna knowledge as I can. Life has been good! I've made some great qwiso hash and have decided to try and get some into vegetable glycerin to put in an e pen type vaporizer. I think I am just going to mix about 1g of the hash oil into the VG. I tried tonight with about .1g and about 1.5ml of glycerin but it didn't want to mix. I tried adding vodka (alcohol) to break it down and got nadda. So I've been reading more and I think I need to mix the hash and VG in a sealed container and then heat it up for several hours. Any one have experience with this?

I want to do a tutorial on my qwiso with pictures but it is the same as what everyone else is doing. Here is the written part I'll try to get pictures up when I get new camera batteries. It also helps to have a friend for extra hands and it makes it funner.

1 pint isopropyl alcohol 91-99% (70% works but not great)
    1/2 ounce shake, stems, trim, ABV what ever cannabis "waste" you have
    2 wire mesh strainers
    unbleached coffee filters
    3 - 6x9 Pyrex (or similar) glass pan
    2 clean razor blades - single sided with heavy metal strip on back

Put ISO and cannabis in freezer over night. I use a big 2qt mason jar for my pot container and it works well.
    Coffee filters go into one mesh strainer the other is going to go on top of the filters to catch all the solids.
    Using 2 filters keeps your end product cleaner. Also rinse your filters to remove any dust or paper fibers and let them dry well over night wile your pot and ISO freeze.
    You will want to set up your 3 glass pans in a room with excellent ventilation and little to no traffic.
    Pour just enough ISO to cover the top of all bud and SWIRL your jar gently stirring the mixture. I have done the shake method and swirling is superior. Mix for about 20 seconds on your first wash, 30 seconds on any more washes.
    Extra hands help here.
    Pour out your mixture through the wire mesh strainer into the coffee filters. You want the plant material out of the ISO as quick as possible to avoid extracting to much chlorophyll. It drains painfully slow so having extra mesh strainers is key to doing more runs easily.
    Put your plant matter back into the jar or allow it to drip dry into the coffee filters to do another run later.
    You will repeat the same steps as above for subsequent washes but the wash time will be slightly longer. After 4 washes there is nothing left and the hash will not be of high quality but can be cooked with. The first two runs I smoke anything else is used in other methods.
    Allow your ISO to evaporate on its own. I have used fans and heat and have come up with the best hash by letting it dry on its own.
    Each run will take 24-36 hours to dry. Once it is completely dry except a few puddles of oil I scrape it up with a razor I have cleaned with ISO to get off packing oils. I scrape slowly and start in the middle then work my way out. Once it is all scraped together likely it will all be stuck to the blade. Using the second blade you can clean the other.
    I then put it on a piece of parchment paper (wax paper does not work) and work it together in a ball then warm it in my hands and squish it flat. I built a vac chamber this part isn't necessary but makes a better product. I put the flattened hash in my vac chamber and pull about 12lb of suction. You will see air bubbles come out along with any remaining ISO. My first batch I made with out the vac and it was good.

You can make your own vac chamber for less than $20. Go to the auto parts store and buy the cheapest break bleeding hand pump they have. I bought a fancy kit for $35 with lots of extra stuff. Find a rubber fitting that will attach to the end of the hose, my kit came with one. Punch a hole in a mason jar lid slightly smaller than your rubber fitting so it will seal snugly. Attach your hose from the hand pump the lid screw on the lid tight pump up the handle tighten lid down more and pump until your hand is tired. You will literally see air bubbles coming out of the hash. I will pull out my hash roll it around and repeat this step several times. This helps purge and is fun.

I just leave the hash on the paper and use my two razors to get me a dab on a bowl. I will melt the hash into my bowl with a lighter before I spark the bowl.

I hope I didn't leave anything out.

20. Check in with MsNoob;  if I remember right she's been using an e-cig with her concentrates for a while now.  Glad to see you've found the time and sense of comfort to return to this wonderful hobby.