Strawberry self combustion.

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by wEEDhEAD1, May 31, 2020.

1. Cannabis has opens my eyes when it comes to gardening in general. When before I would have thought ewwww, now I was amazed.
    I woke up to red juice pouring down my counter top. I had left the strawberry’s out the fridge for a few days too long aperently and they exploded.

instead of being disgusted all I could think was wow, amazing, how beautiful the fungi looks.

C2DA32D7-E497-44CA-B5F7-810CE8B9AF94.jpeg B493E45C-0BE4-4FE2-A744-58A5929436AD.jpeg 3088F125-2F45-4A78-80DA-DA88DF2A591B.jpeg

2. Yep - the cells which help contain the Fruits juices are decomposing - kind of like the walls of a water glass deteriorating allowing the water to
    start running out.

Agreed on the fungus too. Did you know that the largest living organism in the entire world is a fungus? It is the “Humungous Fungus and covers over 2,300 acres.

The largest living thing on Earth is a humongous fungus

j

• Like Like x 1
  3. @wEEDhEAD1

Another fun fact - plants and trees can communicate with each other over miles of distance by utilizing the massive networks of fungi below ground. Chemicals are released and electrical discharges to warn of danger over these networks - and we are just finding out more and more about how detailed this communication can be over these fungal networks.

Fascinating stuff.

j

• Like Like x 1
  4. I kinda like to think sometimes that everything is just one big tree. All connected underground away from sight. Like the mycelium of the world. Or if you watched the new Star Trek reboot the mycelium of the universe we just cant see it..

have you ever seen the movie “The Happening”. It’s only a matter of time before Mother Nature has enough of us, and it my head it’s very plausible. What The zombie fungus does to the insects in the rainforest scares the shit out me lol