Strain Reviews -- 6 days in a'dam, 10 strains

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Troy McLure, Oct 29, 2009.

1. a buddy and i rented a spiffy apartment on prinsengracht, a 5 min walk from barney's lounge.

barney.jpg

needless to say the trip was awesome! :D:smoking:

here is my smoke-report

Mako Haze
    (1 g)
    aquired: De Dampkring (Haarlemmerstraat)
    consumption: spliff, pipe
    smoked strain before: no

mako.jpg

verdict: i started my trip to the dam with some mako haze. being a haze lover i expected much and was disappointed. while the high hit hard and fast, it brought with it an uncomfortable body-effect that felt like a punch to the spleen. i also got a headache from it that didn't subside all day. (might have been from flying but i blame the mako)

rating: C

Chocolope (1 g)
    aquired: De Dampkring (Haarlemmerstraat)
    consumption: spliff, pipe

chocolope.jpg

verdict: heard much about the fabled chocolope, had to try it. not bad at all!
    while i didn't vape this strain, it still tasted pretty good and had a nice and fun high. my buddy got very paranoid from smoking it, but i didn't.

rating: B

Dr. Grinspoon (1 g)
    aquired: Barney's Lounge
    consumption: spliff, vaporizer, pipe

grin.jpg

verdict: this sativa seems to be one of barney's entries into the upcoming cannabis cup. we just had to try it and were not disappointed. while it's not gonna win many prizes with its taste (which is average) but the high was fantastic and exactly like the name - we laughed our asses off all day! a great strain, one of the best on this trip. (good luck with the cup!)

rating: A

Amnesia Haze (1 g)
    smoked strain before: yes

amnesia.jpg

verdict: having tried some AH on our last trip, we re-visited this baby and it delivered again. a very solid strain with good taste and a great high. recommended.

rating: A-

L.A. Confidential (2 g)
    aquired: Grey Area

la.jpg

verdict: i was looking for something to grow alongside the LSD i'll be doing next time and made a point of searching for this strain to try it. the high was really great, another laugh-riot. the taste is also very nice but i was really surprised to find out that this strain tastes almost exactly like the Ice Cream (Paradise Seeds) that i've grown this year (and am still smoking).
    while the effects were awesome, i'm not sure i want to grow a strain that tastes the same as one i have now... maybe the grow after this one :eek:

Hawaiian Snow (1 g)
    consumption: spliff, vaporizer

hawaii.jpg

verdict: this sativa from barneys was another solid pick. great sativa-high and decent taste. i could smoke this all day...

rating: B+

Sweet Tooth (1 g)
    consumption: spliff

[sorry, no pic]

verdict: on my quest for an indica with a non-indica type high i tried sweet tooth again. a nice strain with a sweet taste (surprise) and good high. not exactly what i'm looking for but a good choice any day.
    (sorry i smoked it all before i realized i had forgotten to take a pic) :smoking:

Honey B (1 g)

honey.jpg

verdict: another sativa, another winner. somewhat comparable to the hawaiian snow, albeit sweeter tasting. good stuff.

rating: B+

G13xHaze (2 pre-rolled joints)

[sorry, no pic]

verdict: mmmmh... this one's really good... i liked it last time and this time it delivered again. it managed to punch through all the tolerance i had built up over the preceeding 5 days. great strain, try it if you can!

Red Diesel (1 pre-rolled joint)

[sorry, no pic]

verdict: the last thing i smoked on my trip (after they ran out of G13xHaze pre-rolled's :D )
    a solid strain with good taste and typical high (as far as i'm concerned) for a 'diesel'.
    i need to smoke this again to get a better reading.

hope you enjoyed this report!
    (damn, i wish i could do this as a job... :D )

by the way, BARNEY's coffeeshops are really fucking fantastic. they are by far my fav. very very friendly, great quality and choice, nice ambiente, vaporizers.
    check one out if you're there!!!

2. looks like you had a blast man!

thanks for sharing this w/ us :)

3. man, those bags look tasty!

4. Nice stuff, that LA looks great

5. That was an awesome report man! Great job!!! :hello:

6. That Dr. Grinspoon looks wild!

7. Is it common over there to have bud come already ground up?

Just curious. It seems like almost all of your pics are already ground up except the L.A. confidential. Didn't know if it just comes that way or you did it

8. #8 Troy McLure, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    no, i just usually ground up the whole bag before i remembered to take a picture :D
    sorry ;)

edit: here is another strain review thread i made last year, where all the buds are intact! (scroll down)
    :D
    http://forum.grasscity.com/seasoned-tokers/412354-18-days-holland-smoke-report.html

9. I'm deffinitely gatting some Grinspoon and LA Confidential when I finally go over there :D

10. i want dr. grinspoon....:devious:

11. what are the prices like?

12. I'm jealous, not going to lie.

13. I want some Dr. Grinspoon haha. Great thread!

14. Great post man! And cheers again for the help on my thread :D

15. avg. prices per gram were between 8-12 euros.
    dr. grinspoon was the most expensive at 17 euros/g. but worth it :D

16. Troy dude....what's the scoop on smoking places up in BC or somewhere? IDK what if anything exists but I hear stuff...just wondering if a worldly traveler such as yourself as embarked to other glorious ganja destinations you can share. Thanks!

17. Nice:D Been to Enschede, Netherlands, a few times with friends because it's quite cheap to go there with the train from us (under 10€ for everyone).

Just wondering what the prices are for a night in theat hotel in amsterdam? maybe planning to go there in my summer holidays if i can afford it :eek: