Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stopping

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ifindley, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Withdrawl symptoms

2. Taking Canna Oli and smoking three years and having to stop due worry over approaching Covid Vax. Advice appreciated Thank you

3. For me, "withdrawal from cannabis" just means feeling a bit grumpy and having a little trouble sleeping for a few days. :coolalt: No big deal, but it is annoying. So what can you do about it?

Exercise! :hello: When you work up a good sweat, your body releases its own endocannabinoids (similar to THC) and you get a "Runner's High"! Your craving should be lessened because THC and endocannabinoids both activate your CB1 receptors.

New study confirms endorphins aren’t the cause of the runner’s high. (news – 2021)
    New study confirms endorphins aren't the cause of the runner's high - Canadian Running Magazine

Exercise can reduce cannabis use in persons who don’t want to stop. (news – 2011)
    Exercise can reduce cannabis use in persons who don't want to stop

Aerobic Exercise Training Reduces Cannabis Craving and Use in Non-Treatment Seeking Cannabis-Dependent Adults. (USA) (full – 2011) Aerobic Exercise Training Reduces Cannabis Craving and Use in Non-Treatment Seeking Cannabis-Dependent Adults

And FYI, so far there have been no studies about cannabis causing any sort of bad reactions with Covid vaccine. There have been several that suggest that THC and CBD reduce the amount of pro-inflammatory cytokines that cause damage during a Covid infection. (However, you shouldn't be smoking your cannabis. Smoking anything causes inflammation in your lungs.)

“SARS-CoV2 induced respiratory distress: Can cannabinoids be added to anti-viral therapies to reduce lung inflammation?” (USA) (full – 2020) SARS-CoV2 induced respiratory distress: Can cannabinoids be added to anti-viral therapies to reduce lung inflammation? - ScienceDirect

"Like Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC), the most well-studied cannabinoid, CBD decreased lung inflammation in a murine model of acute lung injury potentially through the inhibition of proinflammatory cytokine production by immune cells and suppressing exuberant immune responses."

Granny :wave:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. <-- Doubled my edible Cannabis intake over the last year

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. I suffered severe nausea for a few weeks which has gradually all but disappeared...

6. I use it primarily as pain control with a side helping of heavy stone.
    I'll take stoned and pain free any day.
    I'd be near crippled and hooked on heavy duty pain killers without the Kief Coconut edible oil capsules I make.
    Works like magic for switching off really agonizing pain.
    I can just stop with no real effects but the pain comes back in about 2 to 10 days. Feels like someone has a handful of my guts and is trying to rip them out through my navel. 3 rounds of major surgery is a stone bitch.

I know several heavy Cannabis users who've gotten the "Jab" and none stopped using or had complications outside the ones reported from the vaccines.

BNW

7. What does weed have to do with the covid vaccination?

8. That was what I wanted to know.

9. I dont think weed has any affect on it. Cigarette smokers get priority for vaccine.... If tobacco doesnt fuck with it, weed most definitely wont.

10. Thank you Joe