Sticky's whirling dirvish perpetual ++

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by StickyEnt, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Should be a good year though, got about twelve blueberry bushes. Hear things about it being wiser to keep them in pots as their roots aren't big and weeds are a problem.
    It's been a long journey with the blueberries, not as long as cannabis but definitely some steep curbs about dos and don't.
    They are so slow in comparison to many other things..
    Got a honeyberry too, supposedly high in antioxidants, she needs a better spot, like a hanging pot, with the way she grows is just so close to the ground. However she is super big to pull out of the ground and put in a pot.. guess it's either clone her or buy a new one ...

• Like Like x 2
  2. IMG_20210408_102610771.jpg

IMG_20210408_102630965.jpg

IMG_20210408_102717758.jpg

IMG_20210408_102655089.jpg
    Last one purple punch. All the rest is miniturez test run of seed stock 2017tob.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. IMG_20210408_181652090.jpg
    Thinking about weeding all these down to the strongest few, with hopes one is a female.... I haven't decided yet to do in it... But I am contemplating.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Still giving them solution of less than 100ppm;
    18ppm potassium bicarbonate
    3 drops phosphoric
    7-11 drops potassium hydroxide
    3 drops phosphoric
    Superthrive 1/4 tsp
    (Pergallon of rO)
    (This is my basic start of low solution creation sometimes I will alter and use clonex for one feed, or dyna in very very small amount, like talking 1/8 tsp amount, little as pos.)
    Using RO for this as to keep my ppm as low as possible.
    Normally I have no prob using tap, however I don't want to get them on the treadmill of increasing ppm..
    If I do cull a majority, I will dry these out three days and transplant in one bags.
    Thinking of giving super high percentage worm castings in their bags, upwards of 60%.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wahoo, good day!
    Got solution made, 9 trays moved outside to the death shack, space opened for this table to move up where that stuff had been. To boot my back feels better and it's only nine in the morning.
    As well as getting the smell of the fresh harvest from yesterday... Some beautiful stuff.
    Bonus score, I didn't wake the wife to help, so she is getting to sleep in.
    Keeping her happy is about as hard as the plants.. okay a bit harder.. IMG_20210409_155309944.jpg
    IMG_20210410_083704098.jpg the ones who are getting major work tonight!
    Thinning. Then tomorrow I will do a ipm spray treatment before bringing the table up.
    A day behind where I wanted to be, those happen... And they can add up.
    It's why I'm doing this.
    I need to get my scheduling down, staging, be able to let go when needed and move on. As well as not giving up and having follow thru. Plus the ever build of personal patience...
    All very practical skills when I look at my future and achieving my goals.
    So great practice I figure.
    That male is gonna have a field day surrounded by all those girls! Lmao

• Like Like x 1
  6. Figure. IMG_20210410_103229582.jpg
    My major players.. plus superthrive.
    Everything else is such minute amounts, these are what make up most my solution.
    Phosphoric 0-55-00 pH down
    Potassium bicarbonate 0-0-47
    Potassium hydroxide 0-0-45

Guess if I put them in the right order it would start with the bicarbonate. My professor in horticulture said, not only do you usually start with a base water but the carbon is most stable for the base. Seeing as how you already have a problem with the water being basic, go ahead and make your slight problem a real one, and then deal with it. It is worth the stability of the bicarbonate and your going to be addressing the acidity next .
    Anyways lots of memories on solution building keep coming back to me.
    As well as the lessons on how little plants really eat at once, nutrient stacking, spacing using the phosphoric. So much useful stuff which can be done.

7. The bonus perk of potassium hydroxide, it rids me of most soil diseases, low gnat numbers and little green algae, I use recovery bios ever other solution, a pack is lasting me a very long time as it's only a sprinkle I add usually to keep beneficial microbes numbers up.
    Just too dressed some of these with worm castings to see if it gives them the extra umf I know it can give.
    IMG_20210410_104555093.jpg
    Also, because of problem solving with new pumps, and other errors I made, I know they have been getting a whole list of messed up orders.
    The way I was taught it, was to think about it like a queue.
    Everytime you pour solution, your giving the plant a list of directions.
    Now you can leave it to dry out and it will start working on those directions, however when I water again, I change where it was at.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The other perk of the hydroxide is that it pops the cation exchange, so your doing an extra pop on the rotation in your media. And the oxygen aspect... Anyways, chemistry is amazing stuff we all are subject to in so many various forms all the time. I love science

• Like Like x 1
  9. IMG_20210412_075506407.jpg
    Wahoo! Almost have my table back!!!
    These four await space outdoors, they are gonna be my cuts for the year, which I will be doing more pruning on then the seeds here. IMG_20210412_075840630.jpg
    Funny how that one runt on the end hasn't seemed to really tap much.. still all short and small IMG_20210412_075846991.jpg
    Like why?
    I know it could be so many things.
    Debris or off material in her potter, just her genes, fighting bacteria... I just think she's a runt.
    Anyways, she's a f1 of one of my stronger outdoor plants last year, crossed with 2017tob male. He came in strong bloom by early August, so fingers crossed the plant I keep of her will start budding sooner outdoor.
    Looking to keep that trait.
    Bloom is doing well. IMG_20210412_075545170.jpg

Gonna thin it again, just waiting a few more days so I don't stress em out too much.
    Males doing well, now surrounded by his harem, lol. IMG_20210412_075631482.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. So much for me to learn from what I'm doing here, i am doing my best to absorb what I can.
    Thinking ideally next time I start up the indoor, I will focus on more solid of batches(gene wise), better spaced out in terms of timing of creation, leaving more open space, timing on pruning with the specific strain which mono batches will help.
    Better staging for my plants to dry out into their one gal perspective bags to maximize growth potential.
    I know I can grow a few solid big plants better than the batch but is it my goal.. I look for diversity as well as harvest amount of overall area. A lot of what I've done here has been for solidarity of my solution creation to not spend too much time fiddling with my solutions.
    It will be interesting to see how I feel once I wrap this up and do my clean up.
    So much trimming and processing to do. I need to up my game on that area. Too much is sitting waiting on me to clean it up and store it.
    May do a decent hash session coming up after I store the select seeds that are so close to getting made.
    Saw my blueberry male looking like he's doing well! IMG_20210412_082234089.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Did a bunch of help in a friend's yard, got a few potters of strawberries to add for the year.
    We love our berries here
    Strawberries, raspberry, blueberries, we make sure to have a lot of each in the yard. Our kids love and devour the berries, never enuf.
    Part of me wants to go to into berry farming however, slim margins, long work hours, it's a maybe.. again, I would rather have a hobby farm and do something else for it's actual funding. I don't want to have the stress of what farming has become. I love growing things and don't want to smash that love due to financial pressures. However really enjoy making things and sharing them.. so hard border to exist on with how much time it takes to do it well.
    IMG_20210408_135453181.jpg
    Still needed to push it further, however still some very enjoyable smoke as is.

• Like Like x 1
  12. IMG_20210412_091318080.jpg
    Smoking on some early test run, think she is the trinity Thunderfuck. Really center of the head high. Nice even spin to her. Like strong functional weed. However how would I know, my tolerance is not "average", lol...
    Good solid weed flavor, light and fruity mild skunk, not heavy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Looking pro over there man

You get alot of work done! Feels like I'm slacking everytime I see your progress lol.

What's your temps and rh in the room you dry your buds in? I have major issues in this area. My rh stays around 30% (usually less) so my buds either dry out too fast. Think I got it under control though thanks BrassnWood's tip to use an ice chest to slow things down.

Just wondered what your climate dictates. Looks really good!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks man.
    I aim to do my best.
    Lotta years.
    Ive definitely had that feeling as well myself. I feel so much of life is inertia and self inflation to keep the momentum.
    Regardless, thanks for the compliment.
    My drying area ranges from forties RH to mid fifties RH.
    Awesome cooler trick. Hope it works well.
    Brass sure has some good tips.

My buddy years ago told me I should press my flower after the initial dry out, big deleafing, thinking I'm gonna try it out.
    Makes sense with oxygen being the biggest degrading factor. He said, make sure no brown leafs are in there tho. Only sticky green. So I'm gonna do some tests.
    As well as keeping it afterwards in a breathable tote, which also seems a bit counter intuitive. This is a buddy in Humboldt, the humidity where he lives is really high most the time.
    I got this tote of freshly dried flowers which I think is about ready, might be a wee bit past point.
    Definitely now looking at best ways to preserve my terps and stickyness. Overly dry weed is sad.
    Gotta get ready for a fair bit of hash making, getting material ready will help clear my area for space. Gotta clear the freezer to help bust the trichrome off.
    The battle for space and cleanliness continues.
    So much work.
    Super stoked watching this IMG_20210414_075237542.jpg bloom progress tho.
    IMG_20210412_100400988.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. Starting to feel worried about these babies having to share too much canopy space . Only cause they are destined for outdoor. IMG_20210414_075659317.jpg
    My wife wants to save the runt in the corner.. she does have the argument, it's completely healthy, just small.
    Anyways, nothing to garuntee it's not just a hiccup and the plant hasn't hit yet.
    She enjoys my miniturez plants, like just a nug coming out of the ground, more like a succulent might do than what a lot of people think of weed as.
    Either way, gonna transplant today even tho, I kind wanted to let them form stronger root balls, I am not topping these.
    Arguments of the plants highest potential coming from the natural circuit it forms between the main top and the tap root. So I will be doing LST with them... Maybe I will try pulling them over in these three inchers.
    So beside wife wanting the runt and not being sure about male-fem ID. They are meant for outdoor this year, so Figure i will transplant into one bags too they sex and I can decide who wins.
    Started cleaning up some purple punch.
    I love this stuff. IMG_20210414_105844997.jpg
    Nice solid nugs. Very pyramid shaped. Nice flavors for sure. IMG_20210414_105857651.jpg
    However the reason I really do it, IMG_20210414_110944575.jpg
    I love kief bowls.

• Like Like x 2
  16. IMG_20210414_135948087.jpg IMG_20210414_152707956.jpg
    Need to center them under light, however got them transplanted and first water in(waiting to move them for water to settle.).
    Did 1/4 of media worm castings.
    Keeping my water at low ppm as I can. Currently 54 ppm, 6pH.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Got em situated for a moment, needing to decide what I'm doing with the two trays I got sitting up in my side veg.
    Leaving these down stairs for a moment, they will prob move tho to next stage until room opens up outside stage(deathshack/semi-hothouse) IMG_20210414_201431877.jpg
    Got em watered in well. Gonna let em sit and dry out probably resume watering the day after next.
    Topped the back clones hard, like this wedding cake, to encourage a good structure for the year IMG_20210414_201445574.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. IMG_20210415_115726290.jpg
    Seeding out vegetables for the yard, should have done it earlier, but didn't have the extra energy.
    Doing a bunch of lettuce cause I didn't keep on top of the stuff I started earlier. Also getting varieties of tomatoes, basil and sweet peppers going. Should be good year.
    The stuff I started earlier is still alive but could be fairing better... Haven't really fed it, probably should have put it into more porous media on transplant but I didn't want them drying out too much.. results, slow/short growth. Also they don't get much light where they are at under a table.
    IMG_20210415_120353163.jpg
    Started attending the yard and it's various needs, weed hacking, clearing strawberries of grass. Needing to do so much more out there.
    Trying to take it as easy as possible on my back while keeping up with the tasks. Beginning of the warm up out side is always a shift on how my body needs to hold it'self together .. lol
    Not funny. .
    Gonna move these seedlings out to better light now they are used to getting sun light intensity.
    Super excited, had the blueberries in many years now, last year I was on top of giving them acidic water and they definitely are sizable. Looking at a good crop setting.
    The kids love frozen blueberries in summer.
    Wife helped with bucking new harvest off stem, about to harvest this stuff I put outside, it has formed up nicely, being deleafed,

• Like Like x 1
  19. So much been happening over the past couple days.
    Life throws some curve balls.
    Leave the shit at the door, right, I try to...
    So, IMG_20210418_082519261.jpg
    Found some interesting issues I should have anticipated with the pure coco. IMG_20210418_082829048.jpg
    Started giving extra calmag 2-0-0 on top of my other ferts (for select few), aiming to calm the nitrogen def before it gets worse.
    Too early in bloom for me to think it will make much if I don't.
    I had another one doing this, I moved it off to the side and she greened up, thinking I should move this one off to the side and see if she can't regain some green.
    Yay, seeds started emerging.
    Got these bok choy, basil both cracked, same with the lettuce.
    Tomato, pepper tray is still pre emergence. IMG_20210418_090415790.jpg
    Still feels empty. Lol, no wonder my back hurts. Swear I slave drive myself sometimes.
    Gotta do something with these, like today... At least cut them back IMG_20210418_090532631.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1