Sticky's whirling dirvish perpetual ++

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by StickyEnt, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Yah. It's tough decisions, faced looking at culling this whole tray, such a juggle in time management.
    IMG_20210405_145454220.jpg
    Already got one full culled.
    One transplanted.
    IMG_20210405_145822028.jpg
    Now looking at the other three trays I need to sort to compare stem diameter, health, clean up needed, etc.
    Strain not so important to me at the moment except on the ones I plan to keep for the outdoor. Well, as long as it isn't chocolate hashberry, I'll be happy. The stems and tendencies to have issue are getting higher numbers with her.
    I don't know why I'm keeping any for outside when I'm about to have so many new seeds I know I am going to want to crack...
    I'll consider them back up clones..

• Like Like x 2
  2. Got the table dealt with yesterday. IMG_20210406_071805567.jpg
    My fill in for the half a light I am moving out today. Four white square solids are my outdoor choices.
    Mites have been a fight with the bump in temperatures.
    Been treating with azamax.
    Spraying star san to drown them and as a foliar for phosphoric.
    Figure with that and the fact I was my weed before drying it, I should be good.
    Looking forward to cleaning up,
    However the empty feeling is hard to shake.
    I just got used to this garage being packed tight, now there is space opening up.
    Mites have been pretty contained so I'm guessing I've been doing alright with my IPM.
    For the outdoor, or big clone build up for the fall run is;
    IMG_20210406_071953022.jpg trinity thunder fuck

IMG_20210406_071947137.jpg purple punch

IMG_20210406_071957663.jpg wedding cake

IMG_20210406_072004687.jpg mango sherbert x pdp
    And
    The GDP seeds
    IMG_20210406_071052833.jpg
    Thinking about letting these dry out dry out, now they are in four inchers and have received enough water to wet the four inchers.
    Highest ppm I fed so far was 118 on a .5

Not wanting them to get demanding quickly, probably pick up with a heavy feed and back to watering out..
    Gonna do one final soak and leave for two days to really tone up.
    Decision made now.. lol

I'm worried tho, I stopped making my high water solution of 1200..
    It's too difficult with the temperatures moving..
    However maybe if I go buy a sump pump I can get back to making my three different waters...
    Ohhhh.. choices...
    Probably should ask wife if I can buy a sump for this stuff.
    It would be nice to have a real pump vs these little toy pond pumps which can barely hold 900g a hour at 5 ft.
    The clack clack just is Soo slow per five gal.
    Like about ninety seconds for a full five gal... When I run each five gal through 4-9 times, that ends up being close to 45 minutes with other waits included. If my pump starts slipping and I have to turn off, and turn on again, there are so many issues that can happen.

Ugh...
    So...
    More problem solving...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Super excited, fixed some problems yesterday.
    Bought two sumps to replace my pond pumps which were very under powered for what I need.
    Using dosers you can Create very very stable solution, pH wise, also forms like steps in the formula for the plants to push off.
    IMG_20210406_122157005.jpg
    They definitely have their own challenges tho, needing to use bigger bucket than five gal, so I am stepping up to 20 gal.
    I will be hammering out my solutions now for about three days in advance. Which has benefits and also higher demand on my time to make...at least per batch, way less batches tho..
    It's so nice using them tho, it goes SO much faster with a 2k gph pump rather than not even a 1k..
    I was having too many issues about to happen with one type of water than my range bounce method.
    It helps to keep them from developing issues, having them bounce between my 1200 with one liquid food, 600 with two liquid foods, 370 with three liquid foods.
    Using the varieties of botanicare cal mag, dyna grow, dyna bloom, dyna calmag(bloom type). Those are my big players.
    Always use superthrive and spacing nutrients out with phosphoric.
    I also use a silicate if I don't nail my water up with my hydroxide enough. Which happens sometimes, one day I will have this setup solid like no more buckets, eight dosers all clacking away. It will be crazy.. however i am not rich and I must do the jobs myself and build it all, with my understandings. So challenges.
    These seedling are doing well, not sure when I may introduce them to hydro theory if I ever do... IMG_20210406_224146164.jpg
    My GDP to select from.
    Only planning on keeping two, prime female and prime male.
    I may decide to keep a third, however that remains to be argued..
    Really want to run a fall/winter crop this year of GDP, so clone dev is my big goal, get solid enough numbers to make a uniform batch of 54.
    I figure if I play with my limitations on space, I should keep one of my lights as a single crop area due to room size, the other area, I will split. So I need to plan to juggle three zones in terms of making girls to fill the space.
    I am a juggler, I do many forms, so it shouldn't be much an issue.
    Anyways happy days with progress, the NL male is making his way to busting a fatty on these go irls IMG_20210406_222609224.jpg IMG_20210406_222728814.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gotta make sure to harvest today, which means taking down what I have hanging so it doesn't rehydrate.
    The juggle is intense at times, not much time between any stage.
    Cleanliness is always a chore, I must respect and observe. Even if everything is a mess, I must do my best. IMG_20210407_081853823.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Round and round it goes. IMG_20210407_131732170.jpg IMG_20210407_125731829.jpg IMG_20210407_125523011.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Hey Sticky!
    Found yer place and subbed up! I gotta say, your grow is pretty impressive! I know from my own experience, having that many plants to care for every day can be a daunting task after a while. Not only do you keep up but your plants are all green and healthy

When I was running two tents on perpetual, I was harvesting every 3 weeks and then it started to kick my ass so I went back to just one.

Everybody wants to run perpetual until they run perpetual haha! Nice work man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Nice. Thanks for reading my stuff, cheers to the plant and hobby/pursuit of growing!!
    Awesome, you get it...

Just did some home made extract- a bit rough but man, you know.... Whew... Yah..
    Trying to stay on task..
    Thanks...
    Always nice have the work been seen for what it is. You know, feel like it's such an art when you really get the whole thing going and do efinitely a tough juggle.
    So thanks.
    Yah, it's definitely something I'm learning of personal balances.. such the teacher life is, in all its forms. Cannabis being an excellent one given the perk of the medicines it offers.
    Everytime before in my life I've had to stop before at some point because of outside things, this is my first time where if I lessen, it's due to personal desire/space constraint... Which is great. So excited right now about the seed which about to happen!!!! Wanting to get some of this northern lights candyland cross seeds sprouted and booming outdoor, figure I'll run a shorter test patch outdoor come July, all super sly quick style. Keeping em short.. anyways, where's my manners, what are you working on Deez?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sounds like you have a full agenda there! I'm the same way. I work on stuff then realize there's so much more I can do if I tweak things. I liked doing perpetual but it really felt like work after a while plus nobody was really smoking with me so I didn't need so much flower. Tried sharing it and that just turned into people using me for bud. Don't know why expected different lol.

Currently, I'm just now getting things in order for the main grow. Had some issues with pests then sick plants...then ultimately my frustration...the ol domino effect lol. The plants are looking much better now and ready for flower power! Thanks for asking!

9. Nice, yes indeed, the madness.
    Love it!
    Yes domino effect, treadmills, time wasters and the lot. It sure takes a lot of shaping in so many ways to do it.
    I hear that. It's frustrating, I have hit a peak on the flower need as well, wish it was easier society, I always wanted to live in iceland. Geothermal power, maybe more appreciative, kind people, in general. Anyways.. am where's I am... Goals and dreams right.
    Pest issues suck.
    Definitely a formidable adversary.
    Yeah, dude at the grow shop called me a tinker, lol. It always is something that can be done to try to hit those magic spots.
    Styles... So many of em..
    What's current strains you running?

10. I really need to save up for a freeze drier so I can make some fresh product or refund nature without solvents. One day... I just keep spending my money on grow stuff instead, so this outdoor should allow me time to save up a bit and get stuff in order for making purer product, now I can think about automated watering system possibility so I can have more of my life back and still enjoy growing. Give better focus to the tops and canopy.
    Speaking of, needing to harvest these girls outdoor, just Soo many tasks to do. Buck the dry clones, fill buckets for washing new harvest, dishes, transplant.. thankfully I got ahead now with my waters, got two full days ahead of myself, premade.. it's so much easier now.. I am Soo happy... IMG_20210407_155032245.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think tinkering with the spot makes the grower. Anybody can grow bud...just look at IG.

Now playing with temps and adjusting solutions to fight problems, noticing small deformation in leaves early on...all that stuff that's going on in real life that nobody can see in pics. That's what keeps me interested. I worry about the days I get to a stopping point and it's all perfect grows. I'm sure I'll lose interest and move on to something else then....so I'm in no rush become a master haha!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. For sure, I'm not even sure what master means...
    I'm a master of one thing... All the rest just pieces to an ever elaborate/evolving thing I call my life.
    I mean master as in thirty seconds and my need is done I'm over it and ready to move on- lmao... Everything else really is a work in progress...
    Just kinda joking...
    Umm. Yah, the refining of the kief to different states is its own journey past the grow, which is its own cookery. Really by doing half the things required to grow it's at least working knowledge in so many different fields it truly is kinda nuts. Fucking organic chemistry, construction, routine, maid service. They call it simple... Man, lies- I think they haven't one mand projects like us growers.
    Yah, I hope I don't truly grow bored with it. I go thru my swings tho for sure. Down times and hard issues can really throw me. Also I started actually succeeding and it feels weird, you know, new steps I need to remember what I was taught on what's next, my brain being wrapped up in the problem it just got out of can feel like it's dizzy as fuck.
    That's really cool your dialing into the smaller notes of growth/ formation.
    On that note, I had some of these girls, straight have new sites of veg growth facing down. I was wondering if the spiral was caused by a bacteria, or I dried out and one side was lacking H, or my light is off, or just a percentage does that.
    Anyways, yeah it is always something. Can't wait til I get to making some bubble hash with this indoor trim.. I love a good bubble bowl and got this press... Too many hobbies sometimes, I have no idea how I will get back to making this game and story my wife and I are writing...
    Damn covid 19 ..
    Kids need to get back in school...
    So much..
    Anyways off to blaze another,

I seen a lot of people try to grow, seems we all have different definitions, lmao.
    And yah so true man, tinkering the spot definitely makes the grower.
    I try not to look at IG

• Like Like x 1
  13. IMG_20210407_174726262.jpg
    Only a few spots, but I find it strange.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Kept doing my six hundred feed for over three times in a row.
    My pumps weren't able to hang, hence upgrade to sump pumps.
    Started getting some burning.
    Hoping I can get myself back on track, I get heavy anxiety about fucking my crops off- no matter how many times I do this.
    Maybe one day that will fade.. lol IMG_20210407_180011691.jpg IMG_20210407_180031588.jpg

The space looks so empty now...
    IMG_20210407_180043234.jpg IMG_20210407_180049215.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. This purple punch definitely packs a punch. Nice little side nug perfect bowl size..
    Definitely a favorite IMG_20210407_181232070.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. The trinity thunderfuck, IMG_20210407_183325379.jpg lower nug, early sample, not pushed long enuf but I'm sure she'll smoke, gotta do test runs.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Waiting to harvest til tomorrow, needing to shift more coming in, and these on the table up, I almost have my table back!!!! I am so excited to be like 75% the way thru this seed project... What a crazy fucking endeavor
    .... IMG_20210407_195858334.jpg
    Saved 12 from the tray. Culled 6. One was super sad to say by to, solid base... Anyways.. onwards..
    This is my back up tray for if any over the next two weeks seem to be weak and I want to remove. And the back up tray for that.
    So likely these may die, however I got some old revert plants which are acting stubborn in my blooms, thinking these back ups will be perfect.
    Added good 3/4 cup worm castings with each bag, hoping it helps give them the extra bump to keep up they will need.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Shit I forgot my rush to remove the budding ones late in stage before my male nuts... Oh nuts

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. IMG_20210408_081539693.jpg really need to do clean up tonight, let light and air down to the media, shit got dark in there.
    Thinking they've done their major jump to, most having preflowers now formed at apicals.
    Only a few lag behind, I may wait on those trays and mentally mark them.
    IMG_20210408_084407070.jpg got some minor concerns about this one tray in the middle of white widow in coco coir. She definitely showing signs of lack of nitrogen. However when I use my high water, I usually feed the base nutrient, like currently dyna grow, however I know coco like requires the extra cal mag, so... However the bloom version of cal mag from dyna says use in conjunction with other Dyna products.. I don't know if these means always with one of the mains... Also says only feed everyother time... So I am testing my use of it. So hard trying to ask about stuff cause so much is dependent on a bunch of factors which someone may not know and give Ill advice with no bad intention to it.
    Figure I will do a foliar spray for my veg/transplant table and make sure to include her tray with some N feed.
    Ahhh, I got it... I have some powder fertilizer which won't part invisible pressures, I will use that for her. I picked up some maxisea. It along with Dyna were the two which we compared in school as to their quality and time in the business. This was also 15 years ago or so. We talked about others but for our tests and numbers we ran those two.
    Regardless, I do space my nutrients and if I remember correctly, it shouldn't matter if I use the bloom version from dyna of cal mag. I also always close out with a drop of phosphoric and my superthrive. Anyways.. another day ahead, full of work

• Like Like x 2
  20. IMG_20210407_143352909.jpg
    Actual blueberries, starting their year off.
    I really want to grow hydro blueberries, but I don't feel ready to start.
    I know I've had issues with pot and getting in deep water by starting things I can't keep up. These blueberries, well not these in the pot- but others I have are quite a few years old and would be really sad to kill by trying to amp them.
    However I am planning on weeding/acid mulching them with one good feed.. just when can I get to it..
    They need it now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1