Sticky's whirling dirvish perpetual ++

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by StickyEnt, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Blueberry photos.
    One actual blueberry fruit flower, outdoor.
    IMG_20210420_080951001.jpg blueberry, local bean pharm company.
    IMG_20210420_081233441.jpg
    Male blueberry, so happy.
    IMG_20210419_123943593.jpg
    Outdoor blueberry plant getting ready for the season.
    IMG_20210420_080803695.jpg
    Indoor northern lights bloom 1.
    Well as usual, always something here.
    Time to do my foliar/ipm spray.
    Ultra sonic 1/4 tsp sulfur in one liter. Ultrasonic for a total of 1080 seconds.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Harvested stuff from outside shack, IMG_20210420_111148048.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. The end of my seed test run, TOB2017 is complete.
    The last of the six hundred of seeds came down today...
    Such a large journey, it feels strange.
    Some pretties came from it.
    It was good to see the strain I've been bringing with me, done on such a large scale of numbers to actually check variations in the strain..
    Something I thought was rather solid has shown me it's nature's. Numbers. So much information I have to digest.
    Still so much drying to do.
    Have to focus on what's important.
    Whew nice bowl I found here.
    Dank smoke.
    Got dried clones which need jaring or bag sealing and freezer to maintain freshness...
    So much to do. The list draws very long.
    Clearing and movement of them all being such miniturez is quite the task.
    Right. Drying out time. So I cut when I dry out. These homeless girls which may just be small topiaries I put around and hack back all year...
    It's fun to play.
    I may practice with them, feeding them our home chicken compost. See how they do on a long dry out method to eat sifted compost. It will be a switch for them from being currently hydro theory fed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Glad to hear everything is winding down and the work is mostly done.

Happy 420 Sticky!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks.
    Happy 420 3Deez.
    Realized the date right after we finished harvest today.
    It's smelling soo good.
    As well as trim bin with candy Land and purple punch.. some tastee stuff.
    Yah, winding down.
    More just like opening up.
    Getting out of the attic.
    So much more to do now, lol.
    Wider focus and what not, interms of diversity of plants. Berries, asparagus, fruit trees, veggie crop for the year.
    Definitely easier style being outdoor open ground planting. Yet brings it's own challenges. Mainly pest and weather.
    Last year's fires and raining ash for three weeks in September was a nightmare.
    It totally smoked all the weed. Like a piece of cured meat.
    Happy I made sure to seed some, made the rather bust of a year worth it to have new genes from it. So much weed grown to just get trashed by the fires.
    Scared we are gonna get it bad again this year... So not counting on outdoor for anything but making my clones for July/August, so I can cut some trays and be full force starting bloom indoor come October. That's and seed crop/hash/food material.
    It's gonna be a blast.
    Happy 420 for sure.
    These rotations just fade more and more into each other.
    I think this is how people get old...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Another beautiful day.
    We got some crazy heat here for a good spell.
    Had to go change around venting from my attic.
    A lot of infrastructure changes due to seasonal changes.
    IMG_20210421_104208555.jpg
    This odd one out got put in the death shack, worried she'll start a revert soon if I don't get her back in less light hours.
    She's doing pretty well tho.
    I have issues not liking to kill plants.
    Maybe I will trim up her lowers and move her in...
    Usually moving things from outside indoor is against So many rules, especially if I'm not washing them, however I am at the end of my cycles indoor for the year and am gonna be doing a deep clean so it should be good. IMG_20210421_105122866.jpg
    Being ignored for her flip, she didn't shoot off as much as the ones I kept feeding.
    This next indoor fall grow should be far more relaxed for me, getting my water schedule really dialed in, along with transplanting, cutting and just general scheduling improvements- I believe will change a lot in the grow. Think she's a mango sherb x pdp.
    Cleaned up these seedling, GDP IMG_20210421_091320398.jpg and what I call Edge, cause where I grew her last year. edge is a Purple Majestic x Dawg Pineapple. A slight variation from my home, got from a buddy who has done a lot of parallel work over the years.
    IMG_20210421_105911482.jpg
    She did awesome last year, and we had the worst growing conditions I've ever grown in.
    She has sweet vanilla flavors and floral backing.
    Retained hardiness til the end, vs being super soft.
    Some of my 2017tob can be super soft weed and caterpillars love to ruin my day.
    Kinda nice to keep a harder edge up til the end.
    Anyways, the flower had super good high, super spacey, makes one forget issues. sticky dense nugs. So glad I got some seeds of it.
    Been told the first set of leaves even if the wither should be left on the plant as the connect with the seed leafs. I think it's just superstition but I'm leaving them.
    Some of them still have more to remove, however I only remove a few bits at a time off mains. Seeds can take a bit more, still aimed at low stress on these seedling.
    Super low ppm, soley pH balanced watering every once in a while is what they are getting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Think I didn't cut these back far enuf IMG_20210421_111408609.jpg
    IMG_20210421_111414846.jpg
    However I don't really know what my plan is for them anyways .. so.. lol
    They may just be chicken food...
    Think I did alright for growing under a $30 walmart light.
    However there are plenty of things I think I can do to improve my game before that. So priorities always must be considered.
    I have these and they work, even if a bit sub par.
    A watering system would be far more essential, time save, quality upper.
    So... Back outside and on with yard life activities.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Man, everytime I try to visit, 3Deez and Sirtoots grow journals my phone freezes on the load half way... Occassionally I can visit, but it's all hit and miss... Super shitty. Don't know why this is happening to me.
    Just figured I would note that I try quite a few times to like a 1/30 success rate.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looking at some berries plants outdoor IMG_20210421_124730986.jpg

They could use some more attention, don't mind the yellow low clover, but it's gotta remain trained ish .. other grasses gotta go. Always a weed battle.
    We do a lot of natural encouragement planting for our soils seed bank. It spits out different chards, broccoli, sun flowers, camomile, borage, besides an array of other stuff, those are the more hardy. IMG_20210421_124706726.jpg
    Part of our raspberry(actually hybrid- Jocylen berry; cross of marionberry and raspberry. Much shorter, kinda like an indica raspberry lol.) They are super delicious and an easy short crop the kids can pick with berry's which have good storage value besides awesome flavor, they basically keep flowering all year, what ever is mid flower come fall, reflowers the next spring as it shoots more short canes to flower out.
    This area needs weeding, like most my plants right now. IMG_20210421_124628371.jpg
    Chicken compost; fuel for the grow this year.
    Gonna chop up the area, divide into four mounds and plant up.
    Last year I kept the area as one big mound. It was fun but a nightmare to manage and keep an eye on during bloom.
    I don't like ladders.
    Issues with tracking shoe dirt up the ladder with you is a big down fall, besides the obvious working hazards.
    I get vertigo sometimes...
    Last year I had to learn how to breath thru it and do my best to will my self that it is truly a choice.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cleared the table, need processing space and it would be nice to do some literal art/writing and dive back into our game were working on.
    So even less updates coming. Lol, nah, we'll see.. IMG_20210421_165439541.jpg
    The set of plants needing to veg for a bit. It would be nice if they would show their sex soon, I'd like to cull my males and others. Get them transplanted, however space management as always comes swinging in hard.
    IMG_20210421_165405995.jpg
    The clean out continues. Wahoo, little bits of space!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. IMG_20210422_073458234.jpg
    Blueberry male, opening and dumping that nut

• Like Like x 1
  12. Man, where do I start?

You get so much done! Well first off...sucks you can't get access threads but that being said, please don't feel obligated. I appreciate company over at the spot but I know how much of a PITA this site can be sometimes.

I haven't done my own compost in quite some time now. I used to go to a friend's ranch and load up bucket fulls of horse poop and hay then take all that home and mix it into my own amendments and let is go. I'd do it every fall and have compost by the following spring/summer. I'd take that and run it through my worm bin. My back doesn't appreciate that sort of work anymore lol.

It's funny how gardening tends to wear on the body in some unnoticable ways lol.

Have a good day Sticky!

13. Thanks man.
    Hope your having a great day as well Deez!
    Yah for sure, being such a recluse, company is nice.
    Especially when shared interests, one of the better things which has come from our developing tech world.

The garden work does some major wear.
    Not always so unnoticeable.
    I'm thankful I got a crazy cajun wife who will chuck shit with me or this wouldn't be.
    Lol.
    I feel like life exists in ebb and flow, (pulsory states?), And does it's best with flux or variance.
    Trying to use the garden work to strengthen myself without major damages is its own journey, seeing as how one almost dictates the existence of the other.
    I have been composting now here on this land and doing land dev for about 10 years now. Longest Ive ever stayed in or commited to anything.
    How many five gals will it take(it was a question in school), too many fucking five gals.
    I got a long story, I know most of us who find ourselves here probably do. Anyways yah.
    Living the dream cause I survived the nightmarez.
    It's always a beautiful day now.

• Like Like x 2
  14. IMG_20210422_101054991.jpg IMG_20210422_100329074.jpg
    Working on humidity control before I seal and freeze for freshness.
    Still a few totes to do.
    However I gotta get my head right first. IMG_20210422_101341302.jpg IMG_20210422_101358683.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. IMG_20210422_102058034.jpg
    Ding

• Like Like x 2
  16. Nice plants :) I just wanted to say if you like blueberries you should get to taste Scandinavian blueberries. Its the best. I think those in Alaska is comparable..but dont know for sure

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Awesome, I will have to check those out!
    Thanks for the suggestion and the compliment.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Speaking of blueberries, I trimmed a few of our ones in our blueberry row, neither my wife or I put this branch here, guessing one of our kids stuck it in the cinder block, lol IMG_20210422_114154474.jpg
    My wife, has a "fairy wall" she has made out of cinder blocks filled with succulents and various plants. Surrounding a few grape plants making a wall for structure. IMG_20210422_114604396.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Got another layer on the strawberries, IMG_20210422_121821098.jpg thinking I'm gonna do a mulch/compost layering system.

Compost,
    straw,
    cardboard,
    compost,
    Media,

Around them, so I can lead more runners increasing the mound.
    The kids love berries and it's great excitement to them.
    Always good to instill youth with the beauty of growing your own food and quality difference.

• Like Like x 1