Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

stem tea question!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by shalaylaypumpano, Jan 25, 2021.

1. my husband and i have been saving our stems with the intention of making stem tea, which we've never done before. we've got ~1/8 cup so far, pretty much every recipe i've found suggests 1/4-1/2 cups stem to 3 cups water (plus a binder like coconut oil and tea bag).

tl;dr is an effective infusion achievable with the amount of stems we have, or should we wait it out? thank you in advance <3

2. Yeah could always just cut back the amount of water. Brew the 1/8 cup to 1 1/2 cups of water. Should be just fine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Decarb all cannabis you intend on eating or drinking.
    If you don't turn the THCa into THC first you won't get anything for your efforts.
    240 F for 40 minutes.

GIGO rules apply
    Garbage in, Garbage out.
    There really isn't much Trichomes on stems and the boiling water won't open a Trichome head and there isn't enough oil present to do the job and it'll all be floating on top of the water and not in contact with the Trichome heads it needs to be dissolving.
    A super low dose person like my wife might feel something but I sure wouldn't.

Stem tea = Screen doors in submarines.
    Wishful thinking, Placebo effects.
    My 2 cents.

You'd get better results from freezing the stems and shaking them for the trichomes IMO.
    Same with other minor Trichome bearing parts like the fan leaf stems.
    It takes either Alcohol or a cooking oil in direct contact with the Trichome head to melt it open before your body can use it.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 1/8 cup of stems won't do anything IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I agree, 1/8th cup sounds like enough for not even a decent cuppa most likely. Back in college we used a cup or more of stems per cup of water and added honey or olive oil. Of course, we were also smoking weed that was about 10% in those days and loving it! I freeze my stems these days and vibrate to separate the trichomes and settle them out. Filter through a screen to just trichomes and save them up. Once I have enough (maybe once every three months), I do a quick ethanol soak and I have a tincture or can take it to RSO for use in edibles.