Starting small

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by bobhen, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Hey all. This is my first serious indoor grow and like the label says I am starting small.I understand growing outdoors but I have only gown a few plants indoors and it did not turn out as well as I wanted.
    The seeds arrived today and soon as the first one pops it will go into a pot with 30% Pro mix HP 30% worm castings 30% perlite 1/2 cup Azomite and a 1/3 cup of powdered egg shells. The pot is a 5 gal fabric
    The tent is a mars hydro 28"x28" kit with a ts 1000 . I'm thinking that might be a good start but I wanted to run it by y'all for some feedback and ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sounds like some good plans. Have you used promix HP Before? I just started using it on my current grow and it's great stuff. I'd honestly not worry about adding much perlite to it, it's already got quite a good amount in it. A little extra like 5% wouldn't hurt.

Same goes for worm castings, 20% would probably be just fine.

big light small tent should make for some rowdy buds, good luck with the grow.

3. Thank you for you comments.I am worried that a 50-50 mix of worm castings and promix hp might make the soil too soggy.after watering. I suppose I could drop some of the extra perlite

4. Yes the HP itself is very good for drainage, it feels beauty. All I add is some worm casting, never bothered to add perlite.

5. #5 bobhen, Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    :) Pop

Attached Files:

6. time for the next plant

Attached Files: