Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Soda As Bong Water?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DankyStanky, Jun 13, 2009.

1. It is not good to inhale carbonated water gases. And honestly gettin a sticky, nasty, gross, and disgusting tube just isn't worth it.

2. I dont think SG was being an asshole...its not really a good idea to be using other stuff in your WATER pipes anyway...stuff with sugar isn't good...but to each his/her own right:smoke:

3. should work ive used koolaid and it gave it a sweeter taste but i dont know about soda because its carbonated but give it a try and tell me how it works

4. Juice is a good choice to add taste, but ya just make sure you clean it well after use

5. aww, and i was all up for trying cherryade next time :( lmao

6. Why mask the taste of your herb with cheap drinks?

7. thats very true, but thats what pure joints or blunts are for :)

jus to experiment man :D

8. Well of course it's going to taste different. It's going to taste like hot smoke passing through warm soda.

9. it is really good with the frost gatorade

10. I just got thinking, using flavored water should do fine right? I mean it IS water, just naturally flavored. I do plan on cleaning of course, but this is all just about one sitting.

11. I like to pour milk in mine.

:smoke:

12. I've tried different liquids ranging from coke, juice, wine, beer, and even a bit of milk, and the only one that I really like is just to add a small amount of Listerine to bong water. I don't like to lose the taste of good weed, and if you use only a dab of mouthwash, it isn't over-powering, and you get this light minty taste added to your bud taste.

If you're using a hookah though (which you should definitely try sometime), add about a shot of milk to your hookah water and that will thicken up the smoke and won't change the taste.

13. #33 hax0r, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2009

Or you could try something new and if it works you could start a new trend. If it doesn't work, oh well no big deal. Don't be a spoil sport because you aren't creative.

[edit] you could try making kool aid without the sugar and use that.

14. Although, I don't recommend anything other than water, here are some precautions you may want to take..

I don't know about Heineken but some beers contain sugar.. so if you're going that route be careful. Also be careful with using high proof alcohol as well. I'd hate to see your face go up in flames when you spark it up. :p

A good reason why water is used is because THC is not water solube. If you start using liquid products that contain other compounds then you run the risk of those compounds absorbing the THC and thus the less you actually consume.

My thinking is: if you have high quality weed, then wouldn't you want to taste the true qualities of the weed. If you're working with schwag then I could understand but I advise you to proceed with caution and take those tips above to heart!

Good luck

15. my friends and i do this a lot with our hookah, and we'vefound that if you're going to used something carbonated, put it in a large, shallow bowl (so that the surface area of the soda that is exposed to the air above it is maximized) and leave it in the fridge for a while. It flattens it, and you get the taste without the harshness of the CO2. Of course shaking it helps too. :rolleyes:

16. Experiment with it, and get back at us please

17. Well I didn't want to ruin a good glass piece or anything, so I made a bong out of some bottles at home (dual chambered), and I picked up some of that mountain dew game fuel blue soda. Let it sit out to flatten, added ice to one of the chambers(with cold dew), and in the other chamber I boiled some of the flattened dew and got a hot chambered to sift out the THC more. Added em both in, and hit it and okay, well lets say the first hit was fucking weird. Didn't expect the amount of taste, it went like DIRECTLY through my body, reminds me of how heroin users describing injecting. Like the nice dew smell I could feel all over. After that I knew what was coming, and damn it was good.

DON'T USE GLASS. After the sesh the homemade bong was covered in a layer of resin and surgar mixture, and proved to be irreversible. So I threw it away.

So to try this, use a piece you don't care about, or make a homemade bong. And enjoy with your fav drink of choice.

Seriously though, it was delicious.

18. You're a faggot dude. Are you a kid with bad acne and huge glasses? When i saw that blue faced i thought it was an asian anime that turned into a dude sufocating. It was fucking awsome.

19. I tried it with kool-aid once. It was one of those power-packets they make so that you can put it in bottled water. It was on a thick plastic bong that was originally a cup, but i sawed off the top. I had this sticky kool-aid aroma in my mouth afterwards. Best smoke ive ever tasted.

20. Okay 2 of the same size bottles. Make one bottle just like you would a regular bong, with the tube going 45 degrees down into the water, and then a bowl for the weed. THEN you put ANOTHER pen from the air(not water) of the first bottle down into the second bottles bottom area, fill that with water then too.

So now the process goes...

Light bowl, smoke goes down tube into water (boiling hot will sift it out the best) of first chamber, then naturally flows up (and is stopped because you cap off the first bottle with the bottle cap to enclose the chamber), where from the suction by you inhaling will pull it in the second tube, and down into the water again to be filtered again (ice cold water here for soothing smoke), then rise up to the top of the bottle through where you drink out of normally in a bottle (take the cap off), and into your body.

Once your done inhaling, and both chambers are filled, and you want to clear them. So you unscrew the cap on the first chamber, then BREATHHHHH in, and bam, you're high. :smoke:

Make sure to tape/glue off any holes in the bottles (such as the entry point around where the tubes go in, usually have small holes from poking a pen in or whatever, these usually need to be sealed up so you have maximum suction within the chamberes).

Happy building and toking! :wave: