So im planning on not using bottled nutrients.

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by 1995skywalkerog, Sep 19, 2020.

1. So im planning on not using bottled nutrients. Just what the soil has in it. Maybe just se calmag .. Im using fox farms soil with RO.
    I know the soil is good for up too 2-3 weeks.

Can i just add some more soil on top and water instead of adding bottled nutes? Also when should i start calmag or if i should even use it?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Why don't you use coco coir/perlite and gaia green organics dry amendments? It literally can't get easier than that. You just top dress every once and awhile. mr.canucks grow has good grows and videos on youtube where he demonstrates it. I would be using that, if I wasn't using general hydro. And if you plan on going with soil you better know what's in it! And hope it doesn't have bugs or contaminates in it like a lot of soil does.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Read here: Indoor gardening without bottled nutrients

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Because dry organic amendments require microbial action to break down to the point where they are now useful as plant food - and coco contains extremely low amounts of bacteria and fungus to perform this task.

Compost does contain microbes and in high amounts and is a much much better option.

j

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 old shol4evr, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 2
  6. I've have yet to see a successful grow without problems using mr. canucks method.
    If you want to use dry amendments.......use soil.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. #7 old shol4evr, Sep 19, 2020
    delete

8. #8 old shol4evr, Sep 19, 2020
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ffof, zero bottle nutes, fed coffee grounds, egg shells and chicken poo. Outdoor since March. Find what works for you and do it. Too much bro science out there.
    IMG_20200918_183656772~2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hmm that's funny, guy has a bunch of healthy and fist sized nugs in his set up!

11. Gaia green enhances microbial life in the coco.. Maybe you should actually know what a product is before bashing it. Bro science to the max...

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Why do you recommend a grow method that you have absolutely no experience with and no first hand knowledge other than watching some guy on youtube? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Because it's fucking fool proof. And here you guys are telling this guy to mix compost, poo and egg shells with no proportions or ratios at all lmao you guys are extremely helpful haha

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. You're a liar......according to your journal started on Sept. 9 you are starting your 3rd grow.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. If you read it correctly, my post stated that it is my 3rd serious grow (meaning with a tent) I have grown many many in soil outdoors and even the clay soil in the ground. Noob friendly and forgiving to mistakes would have to go to coco/perlite. Don't resist Mick.. You know you want to go hydro.

16. You literally say this on every single post that mention Canucks grow method, you’re 1 person in millions that grow weed their way! Just because “You” haven’t seen it doesn’t mean it isn’t possible I’ve seen several growers use the exact same method with beautiful results! Including myself! Yes there is a learning curve and things you need to do to achieve the outcome you want but it is possible! Stop shitting on something you haven’t tried bud..

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. -Albert Einstein

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Right, Mr. Canucks is pulling out fist sized nugs and growing pounds in a small closet. Mr.Canucks must be doing something wrong lmao as if nobody has ever ran into nutrient problems/draining problems/fungus problems/insect problems/etc with soil hahahaha

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Please show me pics of your perfect grow using mr. canucks method.
    If you can show me a perfect grow I'll change my opinion, but all I ever see are threads with people having problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. So it must be the method then right? It for sure cannot be that people are incorrectly taking care of their plants right? Like not feeding correctly? It's for sure the method then?

20. What makes you think I grow in soil? :rolleyes:
    I've been growing in coco for over 25 years......I've never grown in soil.