So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Your very welcome.
    :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  2. #14302 astrohammer, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Could I maybe squeeze a bit more information out of ya?

Why skip the fish bone meal?
    And what's your opinion on adding Yucca meal or using organic material for a wetting agent or wetting agents in general?

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. He suggest skipping bone and blood meals becuz they smell very good to large pests like raccoons or even dogs. They will dig in your garden. My dogs love the smell of bone meals but it not difficult to keep my dogs out and I don't have other large pest issues so I use it.

And honestly I couldn't tell you whats in my soil anymore. I have added so many different amendments, my soil is thriving. Only thing I do anymore is during flower I hit them with some earth juice bloom and molasses. During the growing cycle I throw everything in there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. As Growing said the blood and bone meals tend to draw diggers, Skunks, Possums, Raccoons will all dig up your plants looking for what in the soil.
    Never used a wetting agent so no advice on that.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. This years crop. Possibly my last crop in California.
    So far this is how I paid for acreage in Arkansas. Free and clear.
    IMG_0001 (2).JPG

C'mon, baby! Mama needs a new trailer house!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. hydro rockin winter...master kush being drp'd tonite..soil cookin..hrvst dryin.. DSCN2597.JPG DSCN2599.JPG DSCN2595.JPG DSCN2591.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  7. Is this a mushroom? Or what kind of poison do you think it is?
    CRW_0011 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. #14309 BrassNwood, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Mushroom or Toadstool.
    The latter is possible, Poisonous possibly.
    Means an active carbon rich soil. Pluck it out and toss. Unless your expert at telling the difference.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. It shriveled up and died a couple hours later.
    If it ain't weed I ain't pluck'n and eat'n it. I just never seen a mushroom grow without a lid before. Now I can say "sure, I saw that once".

• Like Like x 3
  10. [​IMG]

Just loving California and being able to grow out back of the restaurant that I work at. Now if we can keep the homeless from taking her.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  11. #14312 rightsideup, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
    My indoor got to big n smelly for my little veg box, so they are outdoor now.
    Mini Closet Cubby

[​IMG]

Starting the next round of autos in the little grow box.
    I'm going to throw these outside as soon as they get there first set of leaves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. veggers got tp'd...flwrnng plts should be donne this mo..the bad..quality seeds will not germ methinks stock was old..about 30 duds..feminized..switching to regs see if that goes better DSCN2750.JPG DSCN2751.JPG

13. June 1st = Harvest. Set out vegged plants for summer.
    Aug 1st = Take clones off vegged plants. 1st day of flower and your last chance to take veg stage clones or Plant Seeds
    Oct 15th = Harvest, Set out veggers, Take clones-Plant Seeds
    Jan 1st = Same
    March 15th = Same.
    Start over.

Out of step plants can be pushed past June 1st but it's a crap shoot. If we get a hot spell the buds can explode overnight it seems. Still strong it just looks progressively worse as the buds start to open and foxtail.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. This is the time to direct plant-start outside plants for a natural light cycle. 3 weeks to reach light awareness for seedlings that puts us at June 1st and you get 2 full months of prime veg time until the end of July.
    Aug 1st our days have shortened enough to trip the cycle on Cannabis and they show 2 weeks later.

Just the 30 days either side of the Summer Solstice are dependably veg hours.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  15. You ever try soaking in peroxide?
    I forget the strength, would have to look it up. I did this on some pepper seeds I saved that wouldn't germinate and it seemed to work. After 5 that didn't pop I soaked 5 and 3 germinated.

Sent from my phbgf uijj tplkjn

• Like Like x 1
  16. Side by side, if started both right now what produces a bigger plant for flower come fall?
    24/0 or
    Sowed out and left out?

17. The 24-0 plants usually have 6 weeks head start over the direct planted.
    My Summer set originates on March 15th, 45 days before the May 1st direct plant day.

BNW

18. How many cubic feet of soil do those 17gal totes hold? 3?

19. Cu Ft = approx 7.5 Gallons

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1