Snickers finally has a journal

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by p_snickers, Sep 19, 2010.

1. So cool. Let us know how it smokes! :smoke: I can't wait til mine's ready, but it'll be awhile yet. I'm so jealous! ;)

2. Thanks man, Quick dried bits (mistakes from trimming) proves that she is pretty potent...but I'm pretty sure she could have matured a little more.:(
    Still tastes decent for being dried inside of a CFL straight off of the plant

I'm curing my sample branch from Lisa right now. She is really quite strong! the hairs are all just curling around the bud...so neat!

I'm thinking about letting Lisa go for a few more days under just the LED...probably will chop her down midweek or so

Thanks, man! :D looks like at least 35g or so. I have to go buy a new scale today :( old one fell down the stairs...damn cat!

They are cute though :rolleyes:

It has been a long time coming! I'm gonna check your grow out...what a good saturday!

Soil recycling...I need to get on making a lactobacillus culture ASAP
    But I intend on letting the roots die for a week or so in the pot and then mixing it into whatever is left in my rubbermaid outside, water in with an AACT and let it sit for a month or so...until I need more soil.

HPS took up a larger half of My screen. There were, simply, more buds and budsites underneath the HPS. The LED doesn't have the width to compete side by side like this. The HPS looks like, with Lisa's final weight as well, it will crush the LED with yield this time around (not that i'm complaining much :D)

That said, I have great confidence in the LED. Looking at all of the buds yesterday before the chop it was pretty obvious that the LED has deeper penetration than the 150HPS. it's even pretty obvious throughout the journal that the HPS side stretched more up through the screen. I plan to run this next time with just the LED up to week 5 or 6 flower and then i'll think about tossing the HPS in there as well. My power bill has gotten a little bit more expensive in these last 2 months...I've noticed it, anyway.

3. it seems we are "doomed" to eternal tweaking of our lights/recipes etc. well, at least u got urself a real decent crop to get u going in the meantime:smoke:

thanks for sharing :wave:

4. #144 p_snickers, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2010
    made some qwiso last night, scraped up .5g for a first run

I've got all of my trim so far in a jar of ISO soaking right now in advance so that i can make Grape Street's 'frost hash' I can't wait!

NOTE: this stuff was really really quick wash, i just poured alc. over the trim in a metal coffee filter and lifted it out...It's the largest bit of hash oil I've scraped up so far

Attached Files:

5. that looks yummy! :yummy: congrats dude :hello:

6. It was. My friends and I had our Thanksgiving last night...brought along the rest of that goo and a little bud from Lisa. I was so ripped the whole time. Fell asleep after my first two helpings for about 20 minutes then got up and ate more turkey

I was done...Totally forgot to put my trash out too....another week of stanky trash!

snagged another branch off of lisa, Mona is still drying a little, gonna paper bag her in a bit and harvest lisa.

Lisa is some kill!

Photos: Lisa bud
    1) No flash
    2) W/ Flash
    3) Tried my hand at shooting through my Jeweler's loupe. this is the only one that came out decent after 15 shots or so...spray and pray, baby

I'll post more harvest photos later after class

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. That bud looks great man :smoke:

8. #148 p_snickers, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
    dry weight: Mona

HPS half: 19.1g
    LED half: 18.8g
    Total : 37.9g

I was pleasantly surprised by these numbers... even though there were only 8 buds (incl. cola) under the LED it almost made as much weight. 1.34 oz yep yep that sounds just fine to me!

Still harvesting Lisa...she is going to crush Mona in weight...
    more pics in a bit of her harvest...be excited people, very excited

Attached Files:

9. Lisa is Harvested. She didn't take that long really, A little tough on the cola snipping all around the spires shooting outward. she is heavy!

Attached Files:

10. Wow! Those buds turned out great! You should be very proud sir. I would love to smoke some of that dank :smoking: I enjoyed following this grow very much.

11. Dude.... Tasty! BTW, great photography!

12. Love this pics. Can't wait to read the smoke report.:smoke:

13. out with the old, in with the new

Attached Files:

14. #154 p_snickers, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
    To conclude this journal I'm going to Re-hash (tee-hee) the progression pictures, completing them

9/20/10 Day 12 12/12:D
    [​IMG]
    9/30/10 Day 22 12/12
    [​IMG]
    10/06/10 Day 28 12/12
    [​IMG]
    10/14/10 Day 36 12/12
    [​IMG]
    10/22/10 Day 44 12/12
    [​IMG]
    10/29/10 Day 51 12/12
    [​IMG]
    11/06/10 Day 59 10/14
    [​IMG]
    11/12/10 Day 65 10/14
    [​IMG]
    Total Yield: 86.3g
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. I approve of the non-thumbnailed pics. That LED light looks so eerie to me lol. Remind me of the purple glow of blacklights. Which reminds me of laser tag lol.

16. Wowwwwwww, those plants look amazing! I want to mimic yer grow op man. It looks like it works so well in a pretty small space.:hello:

17. #157 p_snickers, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
    Thanks, CPA! My next run is going to be even better, i can feel it.

Thanks! it's just my gf's old point n shoot...i just take lots of pics and choose the ones that cme out best

I'll be honest...i'm not much of a person for smoke reports...my sense of smell/taste has been tarnished from years of cig smoking and i'm really bad at pinpointing smells...I know what the smell is, but i can't place it in my mind.

Thanks, kush! space is at a premium in my house So i have to work in pretty cramped conditions to tend to these plants but it has all been worth it.

i've got all of mona jarred up already, Gonna check if lisa is dry enough yet...EDIT:not quite...another day air-drying

Once i get all of my buds dried/jarred i'm going to take remake the progressions with the cola's of both Mona and Lisa to completion and start my new journal for this next run...an LED Experience

18. I feel ya. I had to hear how from my roommate bad the lacto bacillus cheese smelled. My desensitized palette is slowly coming back since I've quit.

19. So, how do you get the non-thumbnail pics anyway?

By the way, it looks yummy.

20. #160 p_snickers, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010
    It is yummy! non thumbnails - I just click on my own pics (attached to my posts) and right-click, copy the image URL, post URL*/img] (substitute [ for *) or just click the insert image at top of advanced reply and paste the url

Lisa is dried!
    I'll save you having to do the math...
    [B]Lisa total weight[/B] 48.4 grams
    Lisa LED side = 13.2 pictured, 3.3 from earlier test branch 16.5g
    Lisa, HPS side = 31.9g! the cola is a 1/2 oz by itself

total buds yield for both plants = 86.3g....right on three ounces!

i'm happy!

Attached Files: