Snickers finally has a journal

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by p_snickers, Sep 19, 2010.

1. this one?
    [​IMG]

Lisa's main cola

2. +1
    you see more at one time and it's easier to get a feel for % amber/milky/clear

3. Yeh that one! She's a beast! Pretty as purdy gets!

4. ^^^ What he said...

A +rep shot if there ever was one.... good job snickers.

5. #125 p_snickers, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks, Vent!

hopefully she'll puff up a bit, But I am really itching to get the next batch going.

plus I need smoke for Thanksgiving:smoke::D

Right now, Lisa is soda-can sized. I even went out and bought a 12 pack of generic-brand cola for the inevitable cola comparison shots

Thanks for dropping by my journal! man, I'm getting all starstruck over here...GC rocks!

6. #126 p_snickers, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010
    well, leaves just keep dying off. many are crispy and brown, some are more yellow/purple. a few have dark green crispy streaks.

I have a feeling that an AACT would have been a good idea at some point during flower. Maybe i should do one next wtering...hmmm

gotta clean up my air tubes n such. I'm not sure if it will do much good, though:confused_2:

I also topped my clones...they're growing too quickly! they're gonna be quite large after their stretch

7. dude you got some of the craziest bud shots to look at high. its like a haunted house up in there with the LEDs. and the buds look like those crazy witches with pointy hairs. :smoke:

[​IMG]

8. p_snickers

Just a quick question about your concerns relative to 'mold' and my question (in order to better answer your concerns) is this: 'Is the expression of the 'mold' more of a 'fuzzy' paradigm vs. a group of long, extended strands of hyphae?'

Thanks!

LD

9. #129 p_snickers, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2010
    longer extended hyphae as it would appear to me. I haven't have any problems and my clones are growing like mad so it doesn't seem to be detrimental. when i let the soil dry out quite a bit it seems to become a little more prominent on top of the soil.

Right now I'm contemplating what i can add or remove to make my soil mix better/last longer throughout the grow. I'll try to take some good pics of some dying fan leaves in a little bit

10. That's the type of fungi growth you want to see (at least in this context). It looks and sounds like you have done a kick-ass job of getting your soil dialed in.

LD

11. #131 p_snickers, Nov 11, 2010
    there's something i'm missing though...My growth was all phenomenal and healthy green without any blemishes anywhere up to week 6 or so....that's when the 'autumn colors' started to really come out. leaves turning cripsy, brown, yellow, purple and dark green in different areas on different leaves.

just got home from class.. a pic or 2 in a few

These are a couple of leaves from both of the plants. The fact that it affects both plants similarly leads me to believe that my soil mix is somewhat deficient. not pictured: A few leaves show definite calcium deficiency on the plants themselves....Definitely need to find a good source of crustacean shell meal or something.

Perhaps worthy of note: I've done mostly water w/ Pro-Tekt in it when watering. I';ve also used a little bit of apple cider vinegar (once, 1 tbs to 1 gallon), molasses (a couple of times, dollop to a gallon) and used liquid seaweed (1-2 tbs per gallon) with many of my waterings.

Attached Files:

12. #132 p_snickers, Nov 11, 2010
    getting antsy/wanted to look at lisa with the microscope...

this one branch should dry out to a little less than an eighth by the looks of it

while trimming it, I noticed a few male nanners..UHOH

both are coming down this weekend.

Attached Files:

13. #133 Possuum, Nov 11, 2010
    snickers I hate to sound so trite but I'm going to suggest that those pictures represent a classic case of P "deficiency". Do you have a handle, even a wild assed guess, what your pH might be? Perhaps the pH of your irrigation solution? Chances are there is plenty of P in your mix but it's locked out unless you've watered to run off throughout the grow in which case P ight be leached unless it's been replenished.

I borrowed the attached photo from another source.

Just saying... maybe or maybe not ... IDK ...

Attached Files:

14. #134 p_snickers, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2010
    that was one of my guesses on one of my older posts. I haven't a clue as to what my pH is, but my tap water is pretty damn good

I've been watering to saturation and not much more

maybe i'll bust out my pH strips again. It's a little late now to fix anything for this grow...SO

on with the next. Harvesting on saturday
    out with the old, in with the new!

I'm thinking my vinegar/water watering might have messed a few things up...but with only one application? perhaps. maybe...who knows?

I don't...not yet anyway...my clones are getting too big...new batch.

Pretty sure I'm going to choose Mona as my mother/standard strain...looks like it finishes earlier...more trichs, looks great...perhaps not as high of a yield but it looks tasty

I can't wait to try them out and see for myself

Oh well...I'm gonna look up how to make a vinegar/eggshell additive for calcium this next grow...I thought that EWC+bone meal+soft rock phosphate (a few eggshells too) would provide enough calcium but i was wrong...

Does MJ just use a shit-ton of cal? Should Ca be considered a major nutrient for MJ much like NPK? (i know they don't mean much in the long run but it's like the nutrition facts on the back of your soda...guidelines)

15. #135 p_snickers, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2010
    Last group photos Day 64 12/12
    1) with flash
    2) back to the same old
    3) Mona's cola
    4) Macro of the top of Mona's cola
    5) Lisa
    6) you know ;)
    7) and again, different side
    8) same Mona bud i had taken macros of before
    9)same lisa bud from before...looks so creepy in between the lights :D
    10) the rest of Lisa

Mona is coming down today, Lisa tomorrow

Attached Files:

16. a rare look at the dark underbelly of my operation...

[​IMG]
    :D:D:D

Attached Files:

17. started harvesting Mona around 10:45am, finished by 1:45pm

not all are great shots

1) all of Mona. HPS on the left side, LED on the right
    2) some of the larger buds on the HPS side
    3) Cola!
    4) a few mistakes while trimming
    5) frisbee full of trim!

Attached Files:

18. Looks nice and frosty!! :smoking:

19. congrats man:hello:

so do u have any conclusions for us: ie HPS vs LED, the wine, what are you gonna do with the soil recycle?