Smoking with Boiling water

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Subliminal Jazz, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Some people enjoy warm water, either extreme temperatures will not be good for your piece. Smoke is hot so you want it to cool down, but water vapor(like what a humidifier does) feels good on your airways if air is usually dry.

2. dont try it with boiling water... use simmering hot or less. warm bong water actual makes for a smooth hit. and as for the water in the lungs thing: how would it be any different than taking a hot shower?

3. Bong sesh at your house:

"Hey man hit this bong. It has boiling water so you can take fat hits."
    "Nah dude, fuck that, I don't want water vapor in my lungs."
    "Ah, alright man. Well hit this blunt then."
    "Hell yeah."

4. I've done it. Not bad. If I am gonna do it, I usually go warm/hot water in the bottom chamber, then cold in the percs, maybe with ice.

The question is never 'why', always 'why not.'

5. i'm assuming your shower is in a bathroom? maybe even with a fan in it? a window? that's a lot of other places for water vapor to go that aren't your lungs.

6. i would highly recommend this
    not boiling but somewhat steaming hot water
    it actually feels really good, and it really brings out the taste

7. this is sweet! MY friend always loses her voice then smoking hurts her throat so doing this would be awesome! And the mouthwash thing sounds cool too. I wonder what throwing in a honey-lemon teabag would do??

mmm that sounds like fun - cant wait to try it out!

8. You inhale almost as much in the shower as you would in a bong rip or two. Humidity is everywhere, you're breathing it right now. If humans couldn't stand it, we'd all be dead. Humidity is nothing to be afraid of. :)

9. give it up dude - your lungs can stand almost 100% humidity including breathing liquid oxygen

10. #30 DirtMcGurt, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
    man, you all take things really seriously.

EDIT: you guys do realize you're arguing that last sentence of my post even though the entire post was me saying that IN MY EXPERIENCE warm water is actually nicer. then went on to ignore the fact that i told you all i have absolutely no information to back up my "claim", which i told you was nothing more than a passing thought.

11. You seemed pretty serious yourself. Emotes work wonders. :)

12. Beware of h20.

People, dont be blind.

Did you know that water is responsible for the deaths of millions of people every year!?

Dont buy into the hype: Water vapor is a natural killer!!!!!!!

13. Yeah man! Inhaling water vapor is like drowning! Kills BILLIONS of people by surprise in the tropics! /sarcasm.

14. dont know why everyone here is being assholes and yelling at each other about stupid fuckin hot water......

anyways did you know when your a baby in the womb you actually breathe water?

15. not to be an "asshole" but you're wrong

babies get all their O2 through the umbilical cord - their lungs are merely filled with water and they actually take their first breath when they are born

so, yeah, they don't breathe water :rolleyes:

16. #37 Aud, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    amazing. lol @smokeandmirrors and dirtmcgurt, but i dont think it will be harmful, unless its so hot it scalds your lungs. try using the hottest tap water and go slow.

17. i've tried many types of bong waters but never boiling water. guess i never felt a need to go to that much trouble to smoke. hot tap water works wonders but now adays i usually fill a cup or bottle with water and throw ice in it and let the water get cold while im taking out the piece and weed and wat not. and within that setup min i have ice cold water to fill the bong and to drink later. i usually dont use ice though cuz like dirt said that kinda makes it harsh on my throat so i like to just use the coldest water i can find instead. soda works pretty good in the bong too just gets sticky and stuff after awhile. but like i said bong water is bong water. tell us how it goes if you try it.

18. boiling water + cold bong = cracked glass