Smoking weed everyday - is it a crutch or totally healthy?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by engadine, Jun 17, 2012.

1. This is 4 years late, but totally agree with you, OP. I'm studying for the bar exam in my country and I basically got my second upper class law degree while taking everyday in my dorm room toilet. I absolutely loved it, lived in a small uni town near London, had a great time. However, I'm back home where I have more family, girlfriend, and general responsibilites. Finding it tough to motivate to do anything high, I tend to gravitate more toward hanging out with friends who'd smoke with me, or are at least cool with me smoking. So yeah, it has totally affected my life, although I am very high functioning. I think the pt you make that smoking after a day and not during a day is key, because weed does relax me, but I don't want it to to be an absolute need.

Any updates from OP over how it went?

2. In the end it all depends on the person.

Yes, things done at moderation is tolerable but everyday in small portions?
    marijuana is use as a form to relax the mind and the body, some people need it, and some use it to get away from reality. Like all other drugs we cannot abuse it we need to use it wisely and at moderation, to cure the mind and sooth the body. We not use it to get the highest we can get, or use it because were just bored, we need to use it to socialize get, a form as a reward from a long tiring productive day at work. We use it to feel free and importantly be HAPPY, or to relax and see the world for what it has on stock for you. Again why do we live?, to be happy or butt hurt by people that think they're right (conceited). we don't want to surround yourself with people like that.

Marijuana is classified as a drug because (a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body).We classify it as something we can abuse, and or the safety of using said drug, but any dummy would be in this situation from doing it once a week or everyday should you know the risk. Finding out whether marijuana is bad for you depends on you not for other people to tell you its bad or not. Its like a weapon you have to be careful when you use it because it might hurt you. Marijuana name has been striped off from all its benefits and its true form, a fucking PLANT. Stupid uneducated people will tell and think marijuana is a drug comparable to heroin and meth but indeed its NOT! Again its a fucking plant. we need to use it on moderation to relax not abuse it.

Find whats important to yourself, let it be money, love, or you health don't let marijuana bring you down because it shouldn't, again it grows from the ground, its a plant, its a drug because somebody classified it as one, like Tylenol and Advil its a form to help or cure the body and mind same thing as marijuana however I personally think its better than most if not all drugs in the market, its been hidden behind closed doors with a bad reputation. Its a weapon that god sent down for people that have problems figuring what they love in life.

Like what I like to say you have to be happy to progress in life, how can you do anything when your sad or depressed or making other people miserable, you have no meaning in life.

Some peoples do have problems mind and body, the weed is their to help not destroy. Don't resort in drugs,smokes or even alcohol to fuel your rage, its use to be socialize and push you from doing great things, productive things, not get fucked up.

3. It is healthy and enjoyable. Just ask any one of the hundreds of thousands doing it daily for generations.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think it is healthy, nothing bad will happen to your health, you are just relaxing your nerves and that is good :)

5. The whole "crutch" thing is frankly, bullshit. Most of the time it is used in a derogatory or judgmental way. Especially popular among fundamentalists and psych dropouts.

6. There's nothing healthy about smoking.

7. #367 Quantary, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Weed, beer, cigarettes, sex, food, adrenaline or anything that stimulates the reward pathways of your brain could easily have negative effects on your life. For whatever reasons, pot gave you the reward you were looking for. Some people it's coke or pills or heroin.

Stopping weed at worst it's a week of poor sleep, excessive dream recall, anxiety and lack of appetite. It's not fun, but anyone who wants to can do it.

Marijuana is self-limiting in that it tells you when you need to take a break. There are probably other aspects of your life that are fucked up, and pot temporarily distracts you from them.

Whenever I feel like that, I take a minimum of 30 days off, which can stretch into years. I never quit though.

"I don't do drugs, I never do drugs. Never. So when I do... They're way more fun" - Louie C.K.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Weed, nicotine, caffeine are all crutches for me. But then I've done the sober thing and nothing about my life changed except an increase in boredom and a decrease in my ability to handle stress. Weed is my reset button, no matter how fucking horrible my day might have been its just a matter of one fat dab and I've forgotten what I was stressed about. It doesnt solve my problems, probably even exacerbates them, but for that hour or two im straight, and where my head is at lately I NEED to be able to get out of my head for those short periods.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wow OP — your post sounds like spot on truth.

A lot of people just aren’t compatible with daily smoking and some others may be attempting to cover some problem they may not even recognize themselves.

Smoking 6+ times a day for 2-3 years absolutely wrecked my mental state....to the point where even walking or showering seemed like quite the chore. I became a tolerance zombie. I couldn’t help but get excited about smoking (maybe the memories of like the first year) but then it turned to feeling no amount of weed could get me high...smoking 7 or 8 small blunts and even supplementing with a pen in between. The depression, anxiety and OCD became overwhelming so I tried smoking more.

Round and round I went....thousands of dollars down the drain, lots of family times missed to smoking and a lesser version of myself compared to when I started.

For many of us — weed might as well be any other drug. When it’s working for us...we are kings, but when it becomes an integrated part of life we have the potential to hit rock bottom — I had times of what I’d call depersonalization where I didn’t even want to live.

We are all individuals with complex brains so it’s crazy to not pay CAREFUL attention to our mental state when regularly consuming anything meant to distort it’s way of interpreting the world.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Personally the older I get I realize how weed is more enjoyable if I become semi occasional partaking of cannabis vs everyday like I have in the past.

11. The older I get, the less I have time to get high. There’s too much work to be done and I don’t trust that I’m not going to just want to zone out for a bit if I get stoned. Hell, sometimes I just want to zone out for a bit when I’m sober.

Back in college though, I got high pretty much every night for about a year and a half, and I think I’d definitely lost a step by the end.

12. Healthy if u can handle ur responsibilities unhealthy if u a bum

• Like Like x 1
  13. I think you should probably speak to a counselor, if I'm honest. Marijuana isn't addictive in the way alcohol or opiates are, but if you're using it to escape everyday life and feelings, you can absolutely develop an unhealthy relationship and psychological dependence. Do some deep dives into why you feel the need to be blazed every day, and do it sober.

I use cannabis every day for crohns disease. In fact, I *prefer* having a high tolerance because I don't want to blazed out of my skull all the time. I can half a gummy in the evening without it affecting my motivation (in fact, it often motivates me to tackle projects or get organized for the next day).

Cannabis doesn't have to be about escapism and being couch-locked. If you're using it that way and doing it all the time (and you're unhappy with that situation) there's probably something deeper you need to address that has nothing to do with cannabis itself.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Generally agree with the OP on this old 2012 thread that has been revived a few times. Read all the pages and noticed the vibe on the board has changed due to more active members now smoking everyday pushing that narrative. Predictable given increasing legality as a significant factor for most users over decades had been regular availability. Thus much feast and famine while using whatever frugally.

Per OP something I came to understand in 1969 when I had an unlimited supply of a famous strain. Thus learned the wisdom of smoking less frequently in order to reach clearer stronger highs while at the same time not letting it affect my mentally technically very difficult career work. Note I've always smoked for increased mind expanded sensual fun and not to relax or for medical reasons or because I was otherwise bored. As an adult, never nicotine, caffeine, little alcohol, medicines, or any other drugs thus am a rare weed only person with a balanced body homeostatic chemical system most of my days.

Also rarely ever did so at home, usually outdoors where we often had to out of sight in those days. So was on my feet active as is still the case rarely on the couch. I aim to be excitedly smiling manic! I realize the majority of users in this new era are legally consuming at home or at friend's homes though personally have always wanted to avoid that. Sure much of what others are doing indoors like video games, movies, junk food, etc can be fun, however that works against self control. Yesterday after a 4-day T-break drove an hour to San Francisco that was low 60F's temps all day and then after smoking a potent 1/3 gram joint in a sly location spent 4 hours walking busy tourist streets full of people biking, jogging, walking, eating outdoors, looking for fun, watching endless fine young gals, while often blasting hard rock into my earbuds and on the sly taking drags on an 80% THC oil vape pen. In winters as a most fit and lively senior, I'll spend 2 or 3 days each week enjoying snow sports, while otherwise not smoking much. In spring and summers much time hiking about natural areas.

Today will drive to a nearby downtown with a free art craft, food, drinks, dancing on streets music festival. Will catch a much experienced band doing a mix of rock pop soul rap. So just a 1-day T-break but because I have not been consuming daily for months, expect to still get decently high after which will begin another break of several days. Because I consume urban outdoors that is illegal, always have a game plan of where I can do so on the sly so others nearby are not offended and this day will do so along an urban creek full of usual trees that is bone dry currently haha.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I smoke weed and drink beer every day that ends in "Y"

Fuck everyone else. I only got 20 more years anyway.

I'm gonna have fun and enjoy my last 20. As much as my first and second 20. Hopefully I die before I get old.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I used to suffer brief periods of uncomfortable sobriety when I relied on inhalation for my stone.
    Thankfully changing to a daily 75mg edible oil Capsule has totally eliminated any chance of a nasty case of sobriety sneaking up on me again.
    :)
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

BNW

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Edibles don't work for a lot of people. Plus they are the most likely to give you side effects, make you feel sick and even make you throw up. I know you love to constantly post your "Hallucinating Hash Capsules" recipe over and over. Edibles aren't the be all end all and never will be. Smoking and vaping are superior and more popular while edibles remain a niche market.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Listen bro. We all bite the dust some day.

Enjoy life whilst you can and indulge in Mary Jayne. Because who knows if you'll be here tomorrow?

19. Pot can be used in so many different ways.

People that seem to be relying on it as a crutch and need to be high at all times, often have untold security problems. Using marijuana makes dangerous, threatening people leave you alone.

That's one of many reasons why tribal people used to smoke pot. It made colonizers and opportunists stop asking questions and go away.

If you're being abused, smoking can make your abuser want to leave you alone, without even knowing why.

People in a state of emergency need weed more than anyone.