Smoking weed everyday - is it a crutch or totally healthy?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by engadine, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Depends. I smoke everyday but when I run out, I'll be fine. It's like I would prefer to smoke but if I can't, that's cool too.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  2. hmmm. i would say its fine. but I only smoke during the weekdays and weekends though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. As healthy as two hours of exercise a day benefits a fit shape.

#stonerabs

• Like Like x 2
  4. I am 43. Been smoking for 25 years. At first, it was strictly recreational. As I got older, I began to appreciate the medical benefits. I have severe gastrointestinal problems. Have had many tests, but no real results. Cannabis helps more than anything else I've tried. Like to get high AND like the medical benefits!!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. I've experienced a similar progression in my relationship to weed, OP. Throughout high school, I would toke every day, usually 2 to 3 times. On weekends, breaks, and skip-days, it was 24/7. I went through some rough irl experiences, got into philosophy (began to understand myself), and decided to take a break. That break lasted for nearly 8 months, as I just found myself not feeling the need to go back again. I've never had the same relationship to weed since.

Now a gram will last me ~6 months. I take a very small hit whenever;

- I feel my mental space becoming stagnant or repetitive.
    - Creativity completely gives way to practicality
    - Spontaneity lacks meaning
    - I begin categorizing human beings mentally
    - I need to get back in touch with my physicality

I see weed the same way I see other substances, foods, and medicines. It's a useful tool that should be put in its place. I get in touch with it on my own terms, when I see it fit to do so. There is no habit, no addiction, no mindlessness.

• Like Like x 2
  6. herb is good for your health, gives you the cousin of serotoin, incresing hunger, prevents parasites, helps mental disorders and gives you a reson to wake up in the morning.

• Like Like x 1
  7. a
    amen to that and im not even christian but im not quitting weed not right now. i feel u completely though. like on top of this mountain is bliss..every substance takes u there but u always come down, its. helicopter ride. its up to the person to stop riding that helicopter and start walking it. the trickiest thing about cannabis is that its a plant!

8. alpha

• Like Like x 1
  9. I wouldn't because when you smoke regularly your tolerance increases (meaning less intense highs) and you need more weed to get you high each time, and weed's not free. The only upside here is that you're less stressed which is very beneficial for your mental state.

There are more advantages if you don't smoke daily, number one being you save money and two your highs become much more intense because of low tolerance. Even if I had my own plant I wouldn't smoke daily because of the last point I made.

10. the healing of a nation

11. Wait... so you smoke everyday then? haha

12. Life is all about balance.

• Like Like x 3
  13. 2 times a week for me and if i have a bad day maybe 3 but thats me i dont rely on it

14. I suppose u could call it a crutch.....but it keeps me from taking all kind of pills 4 anxiety n depression......so if that's a crutch I'll gladly use it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  15. well depends if you consider medication a crutch.

either way i dont smoke everyday, just not for my lifestyle. i'd say it varies person to person.

16. Th
    Thought I was the only one felt that way

17. I just take a couple bowl rips every now and again. And just wait til i get paid to get more

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Financial crutch. Many potheads have been successful in life. Lay off the indica, homies.

19. Weed is best when you use it to enhance everyday activities. That way it doesn't take away from the life you would have sober.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  20. If you look at marijuana as a medicine, which by definition it is, it wouldn't be so strange to imagine taking your medicine everyday. Personally, I would rather smoke every single day for the rest of my life than ever take any kind of pill again. But ultimately my goal is to get to a place where I do not feel the NEED to smoke. That just takes time and therapy, or may never happen. I kind of hope it doesn't happen. I love weed.

• Like Like x 3