Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking induced fever - Anyone else experienced this?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Starmist, Aug 21, 2015.

1. I've been smoking on and off for about 15 years now, and a lot more on than off the past year. The last couple of weeks though I've noticed I develop a fever of around 100-102 directly after smoking, which has never happened to me before and upon which google had nothing conclusive to say on the matter. Maybe google shouldn't be my go-to for confirmation of existence, but all the same it has made me that much more curious if this is something that has happened to others or if it's just the result of coincidence and maybe an overactive imagination. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

2. Never had that happen to me. That's a high fever for an adult. How long does it stay that high? Is it with different strains?
    As to overactive imagination, I assume you have actually used a thermometer to check your temp?

3. my mate has a similar thing, except it brings on him sweating profusely.

I believe he has some kind of severe anxiety.

4. Good point. Stupidly, I hadn't actually thought about whether or not it was different strains, but it's usually during the day when I'm smoking NLX or Santa Maria. I don't have it as often in the evening when it's mostly Cheese. I hadn't had the Santa Maria before so I'll stop smoking that and see.

And that would be a fair thing to assume, but isn't the case. I'm overly sensitive to temperature though and a good judge of it, and an extremely skeptical boyfriend concurred with my assessment. That in itself was rare enough to almost have me at the doctors.

5. Did you test with a thermometer? Sounds like the strain to me, or as someone above me said, a e severe form of anxiety?. I'm not really sure since we don't know anything about your lifestyle

6. Are thermometers a thing that adults are meant to have? I'm trying really hard to imagine a scenario where I'm feeling fine and going out and having it occur to me that a thermometer is an item I simply must have in my house, and I just can't. How did you all come by your thermometers?

My lifestyle is not super, and I'm sure I have some anxiety issues, but those have been constants for a long time. And I'm not sweating as though it were an anxiety attack. Just have very hot skin and then chills after a while. Regardless, it's probably strain related, you're right, and it was stupid not to think of that first.

7. I sweat after i smoke some good weed

8. "thats a good ham Diane...i got the meat sweats...."
    ~flo from those progressive insurance commercials

you know, when i smoke super potent wax i get weird shit like that to happen.i feel like i am over heated a bit, ill sweat a little, my heart rate increases, everything is loud and i am paranoid-ish. but thats just super concentrated extracts though.

9. If it's hot outside ill occasionally Dab and right after for about 30 seconds to a minute I'll get what I guess you call a hot flash.

10. Y'all never heard of dab sweats? Occasionally a large intake of THC at once (tbf it may not actually be THC, but another active compound in cannabis) will cause hot flushes and sweating. It's completely normal.

Happens to me most days when I get home from work cause I haven't dabbed since the night before.

Try reducing the amount you take in at once, if your blunting, take a chill halfway down. If your smoking bowls, just take smaller hits or less of them.

11. I actually hadn't heard of the dab sweats, but I don't think it's that. Mostly because it's just a fever and no sweating.

And I don't think it's strain related now, as I'm not smoking any of the weeds now that I was when it started occurring.

A mystery it will perhaps stay.

12. Hmm that is unusual, I've never heard of purely fever from a strain before.

My only other guess would be maybe it wasn't flushed properly? Residual nutrients can cause headaches etc, maybe one causes fever? Did you ash burn white or hard and black?

13. That sounds feasible. but I've changed strains each week and I'm still getting the fever after smoking. It lasts an hour or two as well, and I'm not coughing or doing anything else that would explain it happening at those times. I think if it was a residual nutrient that it wouldn't coincide with smoking new weed?

14. Are you consistently buying from one source? If it's a single grower it could be across a number of strains. If not, then I'm out of ideas. Sorry bud.

If it continues my advice would be to see a weed friendly doctor and see if there's anything they can do. Good luck!

15. Mold can do that. Have you checked the product for any signs of infestation?

16. Buying from reliable dispensaries in Rotterdam and Sittard, so good thought, but it seems unlikely.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I'm getting on ok terms with having a fever, and maybe it will even be a bonus in winter. =)

17. Hi I like to mention that yes Im experiencing the same fever right after I smoke any strain it doesn't matter and yes the fever is about 102 I think there is something wrong with our bodies rejecting the the high or the smoke or the THC I don't know what it is but is not right thats the reason I came to this blog to find answers is really weird im actually nervous about it and analyzing about stoping smoking once and for all

18. You could have developed a sensitivity to cannabinoids, I have after a decade of smoking.

Cannabinoids in the brain and stomach, and they also are partly responsible for regulating body temp.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I made an almost identical post last year. I think I called it weed fever. I still can't work out what causes it.

20. shut Im afraid to smoke again and then have this fever to get worse, now with this corona virus you never know

• Funny Funny x 1