Smoke Report - Nirvana Northern Lights

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Shiva Blaster, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Everything's good, just been too busy. I also put quite a bit of effort into these and have gotten very few worthwhile responses so I kinda figured it was a waste of time. I have the day off tomorrow, can maybe do one then.

What's your preference? One of the WW, or the third NL pheno?

2. Excellent review SB...i vote ww for next review . most of us just lurk but we follow you even though we don't write stuff...don't get downhearted and please keep up the good work

3. [quote name='"Dr Mengle"']Excellent review SB...i vote ww for next review . most of us just lurk but we follow you even though we don't write stuff...don't get downhearted and please keep up the good work[/quote]

Thanks :) Not downhearted, just wasn't sure how useful these smoke reports are. I've got some time today, gonna smoke some White Widow with the morning coffee and do up a smoke report, stay tuned! :)

4. i love your grow dude! im sorry to post these here but i just wanted an opinion on how they look. its my first and ther're like 4 or 5 days old in the pictures. can you tell me what you think? dam i dont know how to upload pictures on here :(

5. Excellent reports Shiva. I've been thinking of going with nirvana's NL as well. I do believe this report has sold me. I'm really interested in your third pheno's results. Keep up the good grows. Kudos.

6. Shiva, maybe you can simplify your report some so its not so time consuming. You probably could condense it some. Just smoke another one, I'm sure you can think of something. lol. I have three Nirvana's NL in bloom right now week 3. If I'm not mistaken, I'm getting a spicy pepper and coffee aroma with a touch of pine. You can smell it in the house but its not very overwhelming and I don't use anything to treat it. I'm not sure if its nute/feed/health related, but I have two blue-green leafed plants and one lighter green plant. They have the indica wide leaf and a christmas tree or candelabra shape('cept for the one I topped). Anyhow, I was checking into phenos cuz I thought the lighter green plant had different leaf tips, but I have to recheck the girls and they are sleeping. I'm on my way over to check out your WW report. I smoked some proclaimed WW and I must say, so far that is the best medical MJ I've had so far, but I have only tried a handful. Keep up the reports, I've enjoyed them and I'm sure other lurkers have too!

7. Hey Master, yeah I go a little overboard sometimes.....I'm a bit of a perfectionist, especially when baked to the gills ;)

I actually just submitted a report for the third pheno of the NL that I encountered and it didn't post properly and I didn't save it....ugh. Anyhow, I dubbed it the "Coffee" pheno, and it sounds very much like the one you describe.....it smelled eerilie like coffeem both in veg and after the cure. It has some earthy and musty overtones as well, and it tastes and smells totally different than anything I've ever encountered. To be honest, I preferred the fruitier phenotypes for their taste, but the coffee pheno packs a hell of a punch and is STRONG. Mine was bigger and much more vigorous than my other phenotypes, and grew more like a hybrid than the others, and ended up almost twice the size. There are pics of it in my journal if you want to compare.

Do you have a journal of your grow? I'd love to compare notes

8. Bummer about your post. I really can't wait now! lol. Sorry, I am just a little ghetto closet grower with 400 hps, and my ventilation system consists of two open sliding doors with a small fan bringing colder air in from the unheated spare bedroom and a bigger fan blowing out the other side. Temps are good though 79-85F with lows down to 61F. Day 23 of flower and cant keep the fan leaves from dying on me, so its gonna be a little bit of a heartbreaker. I just updated my journal, but its on ROLL IT UP and not here. My grow really doesn't smell that strong, and I might be getting smells from my kitchen. Onions, cooked sausage, coffee, pepper, might be coming from there, so I really need to clean house and then leave for a while and come back in and reevaluate the smell. I love salt and pepper potato chips and pepper goes heavily on alot of foods here. Pepper weed would be the cat's meow! Dinafem's version of NL is called Industrial Plant and it is said to smell of pepper. I'm pretty sure sativa Thai landrace is spicy and perhaps origin of the pepper smell as well as any lemon smell. I've confirmed that there are coffee smelling NL strains. I've had processed hash, but not hash plant, so I don't know if thats what people mean when they say it smells hashy. Pure thc hash smells awesome. It seems to me that hash came about mainly from crappy weed that was either too low in potency, too harsh/bad tasting to smoke, OR too high in the mountains to drag back. Heres a couple of pics from today(crappy cam). See my difficiency?

Attached Files:

9. Hey SB, for Christmas I got a grape phenotype! But just because I have purpling leaves, I'm not sure that the other traits yours had will be found in mine. She seemed farily bushy/branchy and the center cola is of good size, but the buds on all the satellite sites are tall thin and appear less dense. Besides the density it looks like it will yield less than its siblings, although its possible it may still swell. My purple plant doubled its size in flower which seemed on par with another in my garden. The plants tendencies seemed to reverse to opposite of what I thought they might be. I've decided my house smells of coffee and musky pineapple. When disturbing the plants, you get a sweet fruity orange/pineapple scent with a slight spicy pepper aroma. The grape pheno has decent trichome coverage but is not the trich queen of the garden. I'll know more after cut and cure.

10. Vey nice buds, especially for a first time grow. Puts my mind at ease :)