Small Spaces

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by JoshuaE, Dec 31, 2019.

1. I'm honestly not really sure what happened this time. But something got way out of whack. I've never encountered a calcium deficiency like this,not even remotely close. I'm feeding just MB now at around 850ppm. Been keeping the pH around 6.1. I did add a third watering back in the middle of the other two for a few minutes. Something locked the calcium out like a motherfucker, cus I know it was there. And this OMG plant is almost 5wks since flip with the tiniest sad excuse for buds. It was a punkass from the jump though. I pretty much just shit the bed this time. I go from my best harvest ever to this.....talk about a reality check, lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Tropicana Poison, can you see the pink starting to show? 20210421_183050.jpg 20210421_183331.jpg

Here's the Sugar Breath.
    20210421_183234.jpg

Forum Stomper.
    20210421_183555.jpg 20210421_183530.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Thats just how it goes, sometimes, always something to keep us a little humble. But you'll still pull a solid grow, i bet, I usually am a doubter of my own along this stage.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Looks potent for sure. I've been eyeballing some more Ethos stuff. Some of it has gone out of stock recently but I'm signed up to receive an email when they're back in. Not a single one of their strains looks bad. Fire across the board. Humboldt seed company has a "Mountaintop Mint" that's sounds really good to me too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  5. I think maybe I've gotten them turned around,I've been plucking off the ugly leaves to see if it reappears. But thanks man. Runoff is still saying super low....I don't understand why,I always water at 5.8-6.2. Been an average of 6.1 here lately. I figure in flower that's fine. I cleaned all algae out of all tubes too, still low runoff numbers. No matter the number going in it's always like 4.8 in the runoff,but the single auto has runoff of 5.8. So confused. So I'm just concentrating on inflow from now on.

• Like Like x 2
  6. These AN guys kill me,lol. I hadn't heard from em and get a random email asking if I'd be able to check my runoff. I was like,I thought I didnt need my meters anymore. Such nonsense. Lolol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ask them for your money back.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I just ran 10 gallons of feed pHed to 6.4 through my system. It actually brought my runoff up to 5.6,I havent seen it that high in awhile,lol. They say coco runoff is inaccurate but with the low numbers I've been getting theres gotta be something acidic going on cus I'm still getting some new spots pop up. Ridiculous I know. Maybe I'm just an idiot and should find a new hobby,who knows. Gonna pH my fresh res to 6.2. I added about 3gals of tap to it. I'd just like to know the exact cause of this shit. I hate just having to wonder. I do feel better about getting the runoff to 5.6 though,whether its gonna help or not.

• Like Like x 3
  9. why don't u run tap @ ph 8 until the runoff gets to ~6.1 and then feed it regular?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. People say runoff isn't accurate so I spent $160 on the Aperea soil probe to find out that runoff is a direct reflection of the medium (coco anyway). Pretty sure the people who say this don't have the same tools I have and are just repeating what the "internet says "

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Well that's good to know. Lol.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Have you hit it with that full strength tap water? I have been using MegaCrop 2 part with my vegetable garden its Calcium carbonate based and I notice a huge difference in the amount of( ph down)phosphoric acid I have to use compared to GH flora series. I use drops with GH and milliliters with the Calcium carbonate. I'm not sure but i believe it is a look at the ph buffering ability of Ca. carbonate. Stubborn to change but very steady.

• Like Like x 3
  13. I've been using calcium carbonate as a pH up. Using the MB at recommended (tsp per gal) drops the pH pretty low so it takes a decent amount to get it back....so theres a bunch going now. Just tested the runoff from the recent watering at 10pm and its showing 5.8. I'm running this whole res through at 6.4. Seems to be working. Man I swear I read everywhere that coco runoff is inaccurate. So I wasnt really paying attention to it,and not testing it at all.

• Like Like x 3
  14. If you don't mind that price range go to Canna man their stuff is the best I have used. I've been thinking about another Canna run it was the loudest weed ive ever grown. I was new to coco and used ro with their full line of nutrients didn't even own a bottle of cal mag. Turned out flawless. A funny thing I downloaded their chart with the 0.7 (700 scale) conversion on accident and used the 0.5 (500 scale) didn't know what I was doing still came out top shelf. Literally stunk up my neighborhood not exaggerating. Lol

• Like Like x 4
  15. Everyone says it. I don't bother unless I am experiencing an issue but Ive learned that I need to check about mid flower cause mine always want to turn acid. I still like my probe though I can stick it through the holes in the Air pots and see whats up. Ph drops as you check lower and lower. Usually .2 -.4 point difference top to bottom the runoff shows an approximate average of the range

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 3