SIP in SpaceTubs(ChemDogGorilla;Candyland) Journal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Q_17, Apr 13, 2021.

1. #1 Q_17, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    What up y’all
    So I built this box early last year during lock down. Havent had the space until this year to get it dialed in. Started this season with some issues. Had two seeds not pop, two beauties sex male, only success up until last week was from a Gelato bag seed(who really knows). Two of her clones are soaking up their first day of sun as rooted girls themselves.

Anyways, finally had some success from our first proven genetics had 4/4 pop. Two went out doors last week to flower, will take clones from them come the time.
    The other two, this journal is about are going to be mums for the next couple runs.
    They currently are under 24/0 and will get topped and trained accordingly to produce clones to go directly to flower.

The light,
    I have covered in recent threads, is a DiY led using 14x 5000k unfiltered 16w(100weq.) household style lights. 220ish total watts. Plenty to heat this box past 90 as I pump in 72* ac air.

The SIP
    I am using two fabric grocery bags fit perfectly into one Rubbermaid, 3inch of water with 1inch of air, then the lid cut to fit as well as two small holes for middle parts of the bags to go down packed with mix as the wick.

Soil
    Promix amended with EW castings

Food
    Fox Farm Trio
    Advanced Nutes Cal Mag

EDIT: wrong pictures sorry
    Can a mod help me out please.

View attachment 2915125 View attachment 2915126

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. IMG_3119.JPG IMG_3121.JPG

These are the pictures I meant to post in the OP.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IMG_3140.JPG

Will give them another couple days before I start training. These will be mums like I planned, so need some clones ASAP.

For some reason out of all the strains I’ve got going. The Candyland has me most excited!

Currently have growing-
    WW-2weeks old from seed outdoor
    orange cookies x nichole- 2 weeks old from seed outdoor
    Magnum auto- 3days old germd outdoor
    Candyland- 2weeks from seed 24/0
    ChemDogGorilla- 2 weeks from seed 24/0
    Gelato bag seed- 3weeks into flower.

I have Peyoteforum, ChemDogIcecream, strawberry cheesecake auto all in the safe to germ. But chose these two to make mums and cycles of.

Don’t know why but the Candyland can’t get here soon enough!

• Like Like x 1
  4. LOOK AT THE GROWTH IN TWO DAYS!!!!

SIP PLUS 24/0! Can’t compare!!

P.S. never grown hydro

• Like Like x 1
  5. IMG_3141.JPG
    Candyland

IMG_3142.JPG
    ChemDogGorilla

IMG_3143.JPG

I love this SpaceyTub and the light I made for it.

Look how compact the nodes are. literally have branches from the first node stacked.

Great great mother box for sure

• Like Like x 1
  6. IMG_3166.JPG

Can’t wait to get home and check them out.
    WiFi stream does no justice. Looks like the growth is on point.
    I do believe the light is making the leaves look lighter green then what they are.
    The first 2 weeks they drank a combined gal.
    If they go on the same course as the first test run I should need to double that this week, going to make a hot batch take it to the max and dial back.

I should have first chance to cut clones in a week

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hello Q thought i would come watch your sip grow

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 1
  8. IMG_3168.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. Got home from a some what decent weekend.

I have some choices to make,
    Should I take the 3 or 4 lower most branches for clones off both of them

Or should I top first? And wait a week for that recovery? Or will these bottom branches be to old by then?
    I do need these to be mums. I’m just in a rush and I shouldn’t be.

If I take 4 smaller clones off each one. that should give me enough chance to root successfully enough to get another mum going for each.

Now I want these to flower LOL, they may just both be thrown outside as well. And given there is two plants sharing the same water supply it’s a gamble on if they both will enjoy the same nute levels.
    If I decide tonight while I fall asleep, to put them out, I probably will top and break that main kola into to at least two. The humidity is so dang high already. Pros and cons to the tropics

• Like Like x 1
  10. I’ll get pictures in the am, putting the little one to sleep after some butt whoopin on madden.

I’m also leaning more on putting them outside as, I don’t have the extra funds to get a flower tent set up right now with the baby 10 days away. And this will give me more space in the box for clones ect. Right now I’m left using a random led desk light on my table.

Now I could sell a couple extra beds real quick and it’ll give me a few expendable funds.
    Any who

I’m so damn indecisive ‍♂️

• Like Like x 1
  11. I really don’t know what to do.

I want to top them, but I don’t like killing good growth and they just look so good I don’t want to break something working. LOL

I’m hoping the Candyland will stretch up a bit more like the ChemDog did over night so maybe I can at least root the tops after I cut them.

IMG_3173.JPG IMG_3174.JPG

After the last feeding they still seem to be lighter in color then They should be. I’m going to up the Nitro and see how they respond.

Let me know what y’all think!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ok need some help.
    I’m noticing on the latest full set of leaves on all three in the box are purplish.
    With my lows only hitting 75 at night in the box an 90 n the day. Is this from cool temps? I check the abuse chart and it says dark green purplish leaves but nothing about stems.
    IMG_3175.JPG IMG_3176.JPG IMG_3177.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Would the purple stems be from constant fan blowing directly on the girls?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Not that I'm aware of. Cold or deficiency usually.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I’m thinking I’m having some kind of lock out. The foliage is a constant light green, with purplish stems on the leaves. Started to see some burnt tips last night. Will update soon.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ask for help in Papa's thread lots of good help in there.

• Like Like x 1
  17. IMG_3186.JPG
    Before the chopping
    IMG_3188.JPG
    After
    IMG_3189.JPG
    IMG_3190.JPG IMG_3191.JPG

Need to get the clone tray ready In the am, will give them overnight to bounce back and I’ll take a few cuts from each girl. Should have enough time to get them rooted, a couple week veg and train and then plopped outside as well to catch the last weeks of flower. Before full bore summer sun. Honestly can’t wait. These girls deserve it!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Took cuttings from the Candyland today. Don’t know if they are going to make it. Got droopy quick. Also topped her. I really didn’t want to kill the main head but took the razor to it and didn’t look back. Really hope she produces a decent amount. I could veg for another month in the box before being completely out of room, but I want these to finish in time. Outside before reveg, I’m hoping the cuts take

How ever, also moved them outside to start flowering. The sip box takes to much space
    I need this box to veg clones and start some autos that I plan to finish outdoors mid summer.

• Like Like x 2
  19. IMG_3198.JPG IMG_3199.JPG

After the last feeding they seem to be better.

Hopefully we see some preflowers in 2 weeks !!

• Like Like x 2
  20. IMG_3244.JPG
    Candyland bounced back after the topping and broken branch mistake.
    Still no preflowers

• Like Like x 1