Simple Harvest and Cure (Step By Step)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Thanks Soil2Coco. I'd be willing to give that a go, but I was hoping for a solution that doesn't involve me buying anything. Am I out of luck there?

2. I like to use paper bags after hanging, but your past that point right? The paper strip method might pull out that last bit of moisture but I’ve never done it. From what I’ve read and been told, those boveda packs automatically regulate the humidity by storing or releasing moisture into their environment. I guess it depends how much perfectly cured weed is worth to you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I am past that point but I guess I could do it anyway, although I was thinking of putting some paper strips inside the jars and seeing what that does. Would that be bad in any way?
    Having checked the weather it seems that tomorrow actually might be less humid, so perhaps if I can just keep it from molding until then I might be ok.
    Great point about how much a perfect cure is worth, I hadn't really thought in those terms. I like to do everything with as little monetary input as possible, especially having to increase my electricity bills or buy Boveda packs every time I want to cure. But maybe that's not the way to look at it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I use Boveda packs . They can be re-used again and once they harden up just soak them in distilled water for a few days and they soften up again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That's interesting, I assumed they were one shot deals. How many times have you reused one?

6. I've only been growing for less than a year and have been re using them. A few of them went hard so i soaked them a few days and let them dry on a paper towel. Most are still good and didnt require soaking.

7. About to harvest 5 short plants they were switched to 12/12 on 4/22/18 i would like to have them taste like they smell if that makes any sense, i have used drying racks for previous harvests but it tends to dry way to fast on racks imo( smokeable in 48-72 hr )my outside climate atm is pretty warm and humid, i am thinking of setting up a drying area with a humidifier and dehumidifier to keep rh around 65%-55% and low powered fan for air circulation (aimed away from the buds of coures ), my goal is to have the plants retain as much moisture as possible for a nice long slow dry, i have admittedly ruined a few crops during this most important process of cultivation, dried too fast and had bud that smelled like hay/grass after months of hard labor.

Any input on retaining flavor and scent would be greatly appreciated,

Strain is TGA Subcool - Hurkle

Sent from my LGMS550 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Not a lot you can do about the smell of your dried bud. Curing sometimes brings out the smell a bit, but if you are trimming you bud and it smells like lawn grass, then that might be the strain.

My method might over-dry your bud. Dry bud smokes fine. I just don't want new growers to jar up wet bud that will turn to mold.

9. Nice Informative Post with good pics, thanks.

10. Thank you for the kind words

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Im at drying curing stage. Used uhaul box from my moms move hehe. Closed with airholes and fan blowing off wall in direction of branches. I know wait until clear snap of branch but is it ok to check when ligjt will get in? 20181104_144805.jpg

Sent from my LGMP260 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Thanks. I dig how you "think inside the box" :)
    Nice setup and very nice harvest.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Needless to say i dipped into some as im in middle or curing in jars and turned out great. Co-workers liking samples alot lol. Was fun to see if i could do it and kinda sucks that this is only time growing because it really is a tlc situation and narely got enough time for family after work think its harder not to keep growing because she turned out rockin. Thanks for help and encouragement! 20181115_220654.jpg 20181115_195340.jpg 20181115_195520.jpg

Sent from my LGMP260 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  14. Great thread, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  15. How cold is too cold for drying?

16. Being from California, I would not be a good source of info on that.

17. alcohol.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Great write up learned alot Thank you