Show off your concentrate

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by xxOgkushxx, Oct 14, 2013.

1. stretch it further? no they just dont give a shit. all they see is $$$

and theres no need to put it in the freezer

2. Actually people have a huge misconception about shatter and being clean. Wax honeycomb is blowing up cut people realize that more common lower ppm in honeycomb. You achieve an the smell of the buds and flavor by making honeycomb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Check out knotty on YouTube since everyone needs to hear it from a guy on YouTube roffl

4. That's if you are properly making it by dewaxing which most people don't do when they make wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Ya but I mean honestly would u be passing this new law if it passes under 10ppm on ur shatter to provide to a club. And clubs have to show all tests and all ppm must be under 10. Haven't heard of much shatter being that low.

6. I dont think that its a misconception as much as it is preference. I feel it is much easier to look at some shatter and have a basic idea of how clean it is compared to some honeycomb. Also I find shatter to taste better(no waxy taste). But that is just an opinion, not fact.

With BHO gaining in popularity every clinic in LA is trying to sell some. The vast majority of it is people just spraying and praying with a warm water bath and saying its good to go. The market is definitely flooded with shit.

7. I respectfully get what your saying it looks clean now. I think wax and honeycomb is still fround upon because of improper purge methods taught and people/young adults thinking there professional but have no professional manner and that there way is the only way I hate those people. On a side note the 100degree base for shatter is false information making this hard for others that aren't at sea level.

8. Everyone is making garbage on huge scales because why not. If you dewax your product you are losing at leAst 30% of the total yield and that's a lot of money. That's why I make my own or get it from 1 trusted person.

9. From shatter to honeycomb under 10ppm northern lights 71thc 2cbd

Attached Files:

10. I blelieve you're the one with the misconception. Shatter can be clean, it has to be done properly and once you're down below 50ppm, it doesnt matter, thats nothing. You dont achieve more smell with honeycomb, you achieve degredation. Your 'wax' is full of oxygen and is readily oxidizing your terpenes into the atmosphere, hence why it smells so strong. Shatter does the exact opposite, it holds those flavors in until you vape it.

I love how people like to think that honeycomb's loss of terpenes equates to better oil. entertainment :bongin:

11. haha know a grower who throws warm water on his batches before there done and doesnt purge it out of the sun. has some nast ass bho. he gives it to me for free. and then i purge it. but its still shit. 

12. i used to like honeycomb over shatter. now its shatter over honeycomb

13. I understand 50ppm below is safe under 250ppm I'm pretty sure is safe but I wouldn't dab that. The new law possibly being passed states clubs ppm must be below 10ppm for resale and medical consumption.

14. What state is this law in? And do you have a link or name of the bill being proposed? I would like to read through it if its for Ca.

15. I believe WA has a residual threshold of something crazy like 500PPM and colorado is like 50

some unknown nugrun goin for a flip after 12hr at 88F
    [​IMG]

16. Some NL shatter

Attached Files:

17. Hey Jimmy, do you think there is any appreciable difference between a nug-run bho and just trim?  So far I have found this to be pure marketing BS, and happily take the trim concentrates if the nug run is more money (it always is), but I know that you see it from a different/more angles than myself.

18. depends on if its proper trim or some bullshit trim. and if its bullshit trim it better be intensely dewaxed

theres definitely a difference but if you have some super fire, close trim it could be hard to tell.

here she is after about 20hr and a few flips. going back in for probably another overnighter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393721157.864741.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393721168.746765.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393721184.079028.jpg