Should I plant my weed plant in its jiffy pot?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Krismarsden, Apr 15, 2021.

1. So I just put my seedling in jiffy pots, I am going to transplant them in to 5galon buckets , but I'm not sure weather to keep them in the jiffy pots when I do or take them out the jiffy pots? Any advice much appreciated fellow growers. Happy gardening

• Like Like x 1
  2. I can’t stand those things. They’re like Fort Knox. I had a spaghetti squash plant that couldn’t break out all the way. A lot people like them but I’d carefully take them off. You don’t want to start a plant’s life off constricted. Sometimes you need to put yourself in you plants place. Like if it feels hot to you it’s probably feels hot to your plant. Don’t make the little roots use it’s energy trying to escape. Probably get a lot of dislikes on this lol.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Photoperiods = Dig them back up and plant in plastic nursery pots 3x3x3 inch squares as they promote better root branching.
    LOL Not from me I hate them too. Cannabis hates having it roots messed with.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. Especially the babies.

5. Ahh thank you, so they are autflowers, om planning on putting then each in a 5galon plastic bucket as that's all I have to use, so you say pull them out the jiffy pots and straight in there final bucket

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autos yes. They live fast and die early so you don't get any second chances with them . Plug them straight into the 5 gallon. Just take real care not to over water.

5 gallon buckets make decent SIPs ( self irrigating planters ) with not a lot of effort.

BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. I use the jiffy things a lot and just make extra holes or slits before I fill them to help break them down better.

8. I grow 5 pounders all the time. I start them in jiffy pots, clones in jiffy plugs, and they all go directly in the ground. If you start pulling apart the jiffy pots, you'll slow her down. Especially autos.

Keep the pots wet. After the first top watering, put the pots in a tray and always water from the bottom from here on out. Keep a half inch of water in the tray. Don't feed until 3 nodes, and then only at 1/4 strength (higher P). You'll have roots busting out in about 2weeks.

Drop the whole thing in soil at 3-4 weeks.

Easy peasy lemon squeezie.

• Informative Informative x 1