Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. tenor%20(36).gif

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 3
  2. First time grower here, wanted everyone’s advice: planted two bag seeds exactly 4 weeks ago, they’re about a week into vegetative now. Still no sign of pre flowers. Thing is, I’m going on a 2-week long trip in 3.5 weeks and I’m scared if one of them’s male and the other’s female that he’s going to pollinate her while I’m gone! So what should I do at this point? What are the odds I can’t sex them before I leave (they will be 7.5 weeks old at that point)? Should I put them into 12/12 sooner?

3. This is new leaves or sexing indication?

Attached Files:

4. New leaves. No sign of sex yet. It is a photo or auto? and how old is it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #2325 Rurkha, Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    IMG_20210209_194419.jpg
    Should be 3 weeks of veg now, and 3,4 days of flowering..
    Here is the full look..
    Please check the document again, I have circled with lime green color the area which I think can show the gender...
    When I look at this long sticky things, it looks like I have a beautiful female..
    The early sexing is important for me, cuz I gonna buy carbon filter if female not I'm gonna end this poor guy life cycle...

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Is that a flower hair at the stem branch that you circled? I’m interested to know as early as possible too, but sometime you have to give it a day or so.

7. Actually I don't know as well, but I think they are called stipules..
    I have a image for sexing and regarding to it, this is stipules..

Attached Files:

8. Yes, that's where I was looking. No signs of sex in that picture. Give it a few more days.

• Like Like x 2
  9. IMG_20210209_083856.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hi all,
    Noob here, trying to confirm I only have females. Please let me know what you think! Thanks
    Plant A
    IMG_2794.JPG

Plant B
    IMG_2795.JPG

Plant C
    IMG_2796.JPG

11. Hey everyone!
    First time grower here. Think I got a male that snuck by my first sexting attempt. Switched to 12/12 just over a week ago and one of them looks like a male now. Got 3 plants total.
    The more I look at the close-up, the more I'm convinced the first is a male. About to yank it out of the tent right now. The other 2 look female to me.
    1st_male.jpg plant2.jpg plant3.jpg

12. That’s always a bummer but that’s the way it goes. Males make good worm food.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks dobro49. I yanked it. Bummer, it was the biggest plant (but not by a lot). Gives up a lot of space for the other 2 which probably about right for a 4x2 tent. One thing I really noticed were the leaves. The leaves on the male were skinnier and a lighter lime green vs the other 2 which have more fuller leaf with a green/blue color. The male really stood out be cause it practically glowed under all that light.

I'll have to get better at sexting early on. Really appreciate the help!!!

14. That’s an interesting observation. I’ve had so many of the things to go male, I guess it’s a good thing in hindsight, but it gets easier to spot. And I usually blow my stack. I’m going to start paying more attention to the rest of the plant.

15. This plant is on it's second week of 12/12 and it's changed dramatically. It did not have obvious balls at first but now it looks like it's forming balls in the buds. Just want to get an opinion before I yank it. Funny how you can question it when looking at it in the tent and then when you look at the zoomed in pics on a monitor it seems so obvious.

So I'm thinking male but why did it take so long to show balls? Maybe hermed?

Any help would be much appreciated. TY in advance!

plant.jpg

16. Def a male

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Male! Very very male!! I don't see any female parts, not a hermi. I do see a couple sacks opening up! Get him out of there ASAP!!

18. TY guys! He's out! Not just out of the tent... but out of the house! :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. That thing is about to grow a beard, sorry.