Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. i know Male and female apart but, i never had any hermaphrodites, my clones had only shown female organs. I accidentally sent them into flowering and are Currantly are re veging. So i started examining a little and it looked like they were growing balls but now im confused because I think it was just big calyxs i was seeing(my reading online that female have larger calyx.) Because they weren't any "nannas" or any kind of flowers or any kind of pollen or anything, i just started reading about causes of stress hermis and it was everything that I had put them through. So what does any think. Also they had to much nitrogen because I i had using veg. Nutes the whole time before i even realized it had snapped to flowering.

Attached Files:

2. I am a first time grower and have been obsessing over every little thing. So far things have gone pretty good besides a couple nute blunders that lead to some burn. That being said.. I can’t figure out the sex of this damn plant. I’m thinking male.. but it’s also still super small and hard for my untrained eyes to see.. any help would be appreciated. Sorry if some of the pictures are distorted.. I actually took them through a magnifying glass.

Attached Files:

3. not clear on those pics for me, but there seems to be a preflower.Keep watching it and take pics in white light

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you for taking the time.. I will give it some more time to grow and try to get better pics in the future

• Like Like x 1
  5. Was planning on giving him the chop today. Can anyone confirm this is 100% male? Or worth keeping another few days to see still? 20200629_105440.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Looks male even on my phone screen with almost no brithness. Sorry buddy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks zett appreciate the response. I was 90% sure, but I've never had to sex or even seen a male plant before, so wanted some affirmation. Didn't think females bunch like that. Still have 2 beautiful girls in there so not that devastating.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Awesome! Last run I made a few seeds with isolated polination from one of the males. Turned out great, got about 30-40 seeds from 3 buds. Males are not always a waste depending on what you wanne do ;)

9. The thought crossed my mind, would love to try that. Going to wait until I have more space and a separate tent though. Landlords selling early 2021 so going to have to tear it all down after my current run.

10. Yea sounds like a good plan. It was super easy and worked really well, just make sure to read up on it and spray water whereever you might have pollen you didnt want :)

11. First grow here. I started this plant outside in mid may and brought it inside when I finally got my tent set up. I have put it into flower now for a week and I wanted to share some pictures for some help identifying the sex. I thought it was female as I started to see very small white tips growing out next to the stipules but then I saw this picture today and now not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

12. balls

13. Damn .. Thanks. I thought so but hoped not

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. In all the pictures? I hate this sexing shit lol. Going to have to start buying feminized.

Sent from my A5_Pro using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Hi everyone. First time grower here, I have 6 plants and one I put into 12/12 a couple of weeks ago.

Would anyone be kind enough to confirm that this is indeed male and if so whether it’s likely to have infected any other plants or if it’s too early still. The others went into 12/12 from last night and have been sat together until this point.
    Thank you!

Attached Files:

16. 607F6A1E-0B6A-403F-A703-956355FBD51E.jpeg 607F6A1E-0B6A-403F-A703-956355FBD51E.jpeg
    Sorry a much better resolution photo this time

17. View attachment 2818321 View attachment 2818321
    Sorry a much better resolution photo this time