Sexing my babies

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Buttery Hash, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Been on 12/12 roughly a week now. Once sex is determined (about 23 more days) females will be transplanted into 3gal pots and veg indoors until mid May then outdoors they go. They are a cross of Bubba Kush (male from seed) and Runtz (Female clone) aka Runtz Kush!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. I don’t know everything but I wouldn’t sex a plant on 12/12 then put it outside to reveg and then reflower. If you gotta sex plants veg them 18/6 till you can take clones. Then clone them and flip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well you do what works for you and ill do what i know works for me. You obviously didn't read my post. I clearly said they be indoors vegging until May. Veg, take clones all too time consuming. First step is to see how many females i have..

• Like Like x 1
  4. I did read.

12/12 then....

Sex then.....

Reveg then......(which you should def start and follow through with indoors to make sure the plant has totally swapped as your hemisphere could not give you enough light to keep in veg depending on when it goes outside)

Reflower

If you want herms and downtime then do it your way. If you don’t want other stoners opinions on the inter web don’t post your schedule for others to comment on.

5. I’m just saying why not get female seeds or autos. I get male/female but if I did it your way I’d get no true untainted harvest out of the mothers and i get set back a good month. For the hassle and time a female seed would suit you just fine. And for 100$ in seeds you can fill your house with more weed then you’ll know what to do with.

6. I cross strains and make my own seeds. Why pay for seeds.

• Like Like x 3
  7. I do the same thing with all my seed plants. Straight into 12/12, pull males, reveg then outside they go. You'll be happy you did because they get so bushy. It's the way to go when starting outdoors in my opinion. I got 20 in my seed tent sexing now and another 50 clones rooting as we speak. The best 24 are going out in the ground. Keep doing your thing man

• Like Like x 1
  8. So I’m all for ease. It just seemed this is more work. Here is my question. Do the same rules apply to sexing indoors? Or does it work better running indoors like I’m saying. Considering you have to pay for you sun that’s the big cost factor with time here.

9. Well I always start my seeds(if regs) in the beginning of February and it's plenty of time to sex them and revert them back(monster cropping). The downside is taking up time and space indoors, but that doesn't factor for me because I'm strictly an outdoor grower. I just love starting out with a bunch of branching like that. If you plan right it's not an issue and actually helps give them a good start.

10. So I was told monster cropping effects the end results of the harvest. Sometimes lengthy flower and / or less potent cannabis. I just took clones from a plant that was two days into flower and I was already having trouble with it. Not sure if I’ll be killing it or not.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've never heard that, and some of my best most potent plants have been moster cropped so I'm skeptical of that claim tbh. I haven't noticed any flowering delay either so I'm not sure. News to me? If that's true it's absolutely so minimal to not be noticed with someone with 17 years outdoor experience. I'm open to new ideas and learning though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Also somewhere I have a pic on my old account of some monster cropped bud that I had tested and it was 26 and some change % thc with pics of the lab results. It's anecdotal but you got me thinking back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Removing males... sexing has begun. So far so good

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 BrassNwood, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021

• Like Like x 1
  15. I dont like growing clones outdoor. You get a much bigger, healthier and resilient plant planting a plant from seed. That tap root goes much deeper. IME clones are for indoor short cycles. 90 days and done. Ive done side by side seed vs clone. Ill never waste a hole on a clone again.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 BrassNwood, Apr 14, 2021

17. Dude, its not a competition. Im simply posting my grow. You do you..i dont need or want to know what or how you do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Been growing over 12 footers for years.. this one here is already taller than the gutters on my house and still had weeks of growing to go. but I don't have to come on someone else's thread and discuss that open up your own thread and talk about your plants.

Attached Files:

19. #19 BrassNwood, Apr 14, 2021

20. I suck at growing weed.

• Like Like x 1