Selecting a new apartment. Upstairs or down?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Spezza19, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Looking for a new apartment in a new city. I cant decide which is better, upstairs or downstairs in a two story. the upstairs has a small outside patio and the downstairs (groundfloor) has a sliding glass door. Usually the upstairs cost a bit more but at this time, the point is mute.
    Keep in mind i wanna smoke and MUST keep it discrete. While its decriminalized i dont want to draw any attention of neighbors & cops
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

2. how steep are the stairs? are you going to kill your self while walking up them one night? try to go up and down them as fast as you can, if you feel unsafe then go with bottom bunk. else top bunk is way better.

3. Upstairs. You don't want to live beneath a bunch of loud stomping idiots.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. crime is always more of a factor living on the ground floor.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. If ya live Upstairs your Electric bill will be cheaper in the winter because heat rises

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. If it's decriminalized then you have nothing to worry about cops with. Never the less, I'd say go with second story as it's more of a burglar deterrent as it's harder to for them to get through windows and they do not want that much to carry downstairs.

7. I always went with upstairs when I lived in apartments. Don’t have to worry about loud obnoxious people above you, as others mentioned it’s a crime deterrent, and was always my preference. Crack your balcony door to let out smoke and nobody will ever know it’s you!

8. moot^ but definitely upstairs! I’ve been both and ppl above u can suck Especially if they have kids. Can get that pretty loud. Smoking upstairs will also be more Discrete

9. Always upstairs, for all of the aforementioned reasons.

When you're upstairs, you're the primary noise maker. You have more privacy, typically more light, and you can guarantee at least a little bit of exercise, if only on grocery day. Not to mention, it's a whole lot easier to stay discreet. Smoke rises.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Update:
    It was an upstairs. Fine view. Can sneak a smoke most times. I cool with it for now anyway. Thanks for posting.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Upstairs for sure. It's better because you don't hear anything from outside when you open a window