Second Grow, Outdoors! 08' Diesel Ryder & Automatic AK47

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Primo832641, May 31, 2008.

1. Background Information: This is my Second Grow. My first grow consisted of bag seed genetics and helped teach me how to grow in general. I planted 3 plants, 1 became male and 2 became females. The grow was very successful considering my nonchalant manner of simply watering them once a week. Final yield was about a quap of strong bud. For my current grow I have chosen auto-flowering strains for various reasons regarding convenience.

Current Grow Strains: I have ordered 10 seeds of Joint Doctor's Diesel Ryder as well as 10 seeds of Lowlife's Automatic AK47.

Goals: To grow the both strains while keeping males present to create seeds for future grows. In addition to obtaining seeds I hope I will also obtain some pretty potent bud to smoke after the seeds have been picked out. But my main priority is to create more than enough seeds to fuel my future grows.

Side Notes: I plan on growing only auto-flowering strains for now on and I figured Joint Doctor's Diesel Ryder and Lowlife's Automatic AK47 are two of the strongest and best yielders available. The generation of seeds that I receive from this grow will probably be some cross between Diesel Ryder and the Automatic AK47. I do not plant on separating the two or keeping each strain pure.

Updates will take place weekly
    Comments, Suggestions, and Critiques are encouraged

Thanks guys.
    -Primo

2. If I were you I would just collect some pollen from a male, and pollenate certain bud sites on the females, so you don't have to have seeds in all of your bud. :)

3. agreed, that way you'd get seeds AND sensi, everyones a winner!

4. have you guys done this before? it's my understanding the marijuana pollen is airborne and can travel up to two miles. Since my grow is all gonna be in a small patch is this idea really feasible?(the males will be growing with the females) I have a feeling that once i introduce pollen to any of the plants its gonna find a way into all of them. Then again correct me if I'm wrong.

On a side note: i'm also curious as to the approximate THC differential between sensi bud and fully pollenated bud (of the same strain)? Anyone know this?

5. you don't have a seperate plot to transplant the confirmed males too? You can always just collect pollen off the sacks and spread it on the branches. I believe theres a how to somewhere on this thread about it. But the pollen can be stored for up to 6 months in a freezer. That way you could acutally know which each type of seed is because you would be controlling the plant pollination. Also only the buds on the branch you pollinated get seeds...so that way all your buds not seeded...good luck with your grow!

6. My seeds have arrived. They have been put into solo cups on my window to sprout. Once they get some root structure they are going outside. Anyways all is according to plan and I'm hoping these seeds sprout. By the way rep to doctor chronic he estimated 7-21 days for arrival...in my mail box on day 4, impressive. Anyways here are some pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alright that's it for now, hopefully these seeds sprout up. Can't wait to get them outside.

Thanks guys
    -Primo

7. I'm so jealous....can't seem to get auto genetics through the mail here. It is some kind of conspiracy to confiscate my beans when I have a good plan going.

You can always slightly limit the amount of seed (and closer approximate sensi) by pulling the males after they are developed but before they have too much time to dump their pollen. This is often the case in cheap commercial bud that contributes underdeveloped bag-seed and un-staggering quality. It will, however, provide you with future seed and something to smoke.

Also....if you are a lightweight you can smoke the males after you pull them.....and/or make them into tea/butter/hash/etc. It won't be totally useless.

8. ya my package actually came ripped opened but luckily the seeds were hidden and they found nothing. I think it was searched at customs...

9. lol! good luck with the grow mate, nycd is one of my favorite strains, may i asked where you purchased the seeds? pm in case any unwanted eyes are watching, peace!

10. ordered seeds from dr. chronic

11. It's only been 4 days since I planted my seeds. All 10 of the Diesel Ryder seeds sprouted, Dr. Chronic continues to impress me. But only 5 of my Lowlife Automatic AK-47 ended up sprouting, which is a bit of a bummer. Here are some pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyways the plants will be transplanted outside in the coming days...stay tuned

-Primo

12. white420russian has it spot on. just pull the males before they pop (males mature quicker than females), store the pollen for a few weeks then carefully spread it onto some of the lower buds yourself. that way the best buds will be sensi and the lower buds will be seeded. you may get the odd seed from the main buds from a grain or two of stray pollen but as long as you're careful you should be ok. make sure to open the pollen sacs well away from your females so you don't accidentally spray the entire grow (even opened a bag of crisps drunk and sprayed 'em everywhere?).

i'd be lying if i said i'd actually done it but there are plenty of threads and posts from ppl who have. you seem to have your shit together so I don't see why you can't do it as well. one of my LR2 may be male, if it is i'm gonna pollinate a few sites on my KC36 scrog so i get some LR2 x KC36 seeds.

13. thanks for the info, i will plan on doing that instead of pollinating my whole grow

14. The grow is well on its way. All the sprouts have been transplanted outside into 3 different patches each consisting of 5 plants. Its been 2 days since transplanting and they all seem to be adjusting well. There isn't much to take pictures of considering they are all still tiny....

...so here are some pictures of a zip i just picked up for 240 bones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks so good i might have to go back for more!

peace.

-Primo

15. Good luck with these sprouts.

Looks like you got some nice beasterszzz homie

16. just a quick little update, the plants are growing pretty slow and are still very small, I'm hoping they pick it up soon. Also i am now down to only 14 plants, i discovered one of my plants decapitated (probably a crazy squirell idk why they do that) anyways here are a couple crappy pics....i just ordered a new camera so my pictures should improve:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Better updates coming soon,

-Primo

17. ok so all the plants are doing good and thank you for all the encouragement:hello:
    Still 14 plants, unfortunately the weather hasn't been the best and all the plants are still kinda small:mad:
    ...anyways I'm sure they are gonna take off soon in the mean time check out some pictures

my water source...

[​IMG]

...where I grow the wild Ganja!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the sprouts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess this one decided to start LST without me?:confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

where the wild Ganja grows!

[​IMG]

Peace.:cool:

-Primo

18. Nice man your sprouts are looking pretty healthy. Good luck

19. have you used that pond water on previous grows man?

20. ya, they love it