Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Zoinks!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Time for some SUPER Scooby Snacks! :toke::jump::rave-girl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Oh boy I could probably make some kick-ass brownies with this :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blumats going in today, due to this thread, thanks Scooby. 00AD7D8E-BD90-435C-B99C-366FEB1019BB.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. I hope you're ready for some spare time! :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yes I am. I do have one question. Does it effect the blumats when the reservoir is full compared to a half or a quarter full due to water pressure?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. It kinda effects how fast the soil will get hydrated since with more pressure the flow is faster. But it also means the valve will shut off quicker since. With low pressure it will just stay open for a bit longer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Are those going into pots or beds @Taoist Farmer ?
    I need to automate my beds, I have some of the blue soak hose that I should re address

• Like Like x 4
  9. ahaaaaaaa! great point scooby,i bet if you had a setup on a deck , the suns heat, and expansion of res tank, would change things too, the deck would be a good spot for a faucet hookup. Do you think the drop in pressure of the expansion tank on my well would have a big difference in things?

• Like Like x 4
  10. Whats an expansion tank?

Basically how blumat works, when the soil gets dry, it will suck some of the water out of the ceramic cone, and the resulting vacuum inside the cone pulls on the valve that is holding the 3mm line shut and water flows out. Once the soil is hydrated, the vacuum pressure in the cone will suck water back in from the soil, and the valve will return to its original position, stopping the water flow.

The only thing pressure changes in this scenario is how fast the water is going to flow out of that 3mm line. More pressure means faster flow and the soil gets hydrated faster. With low pressure this process is the same it might just take a bit longer for the soil to hydrate and complete the cycle.

Actually another thing I just realized is that if the pressure is very low, and the soil takes longer to hydrate, it will create more vacuum in the sensor which will open the valve even more so the flow will increase. This is why I love this system so much, it's really self regulating in such a simple way.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Oh yeah one thing to always remember with blumats is if your soil gets completely dry for a duration due to the reservoir being empty, always check the water in the blumat cones once you refill the reservoir.

The reason is that if the soil is dry for a long time (I'm talking days-week) all the water will get drawn out of the ceramic cones and what will happen is the vacuum will get released, which will shut the valve and wont open even if you refill the reservoir. Of course once you refill the cone with water it will work again like normal.

• Like Like x 6
  12. I've been running mine for 6 months and love them!

• Like Like x 5
  13. upload_2021-5-11_5-42-52.png upload_2021-5-11_5-42-52.png
    upload_2021-5-11_5-42-52.png
    Expansion,pressure tank:)
    upload_2021-5-11_5-42-52.png

• Like Like x 4
  14. I
    OK I had to look up what expansion tanks are, and as long as water flows to the line it wont be a problem for you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. I have them in 15 gallon pots i have a 3X3 bed I might set up after this run.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Stay safe Scoob! Been thinking about you with all the shit going down.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Thanks brother, I literally just came back from the shelter in my building because they sent a huge rocket barrage at us. Thankfully nothing has hit in my immediate area so far, but we can hear the explosions which are pretty loud...

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. Wait what ... Can you say where you are?

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sending prayers brother:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Israel
    Thanks, it's relatively safe where I am but we still go in the shelter when the shoot us.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4