Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

• Like Like x 5
  1. Thanks guys! I just checked the jars and the humidity is right on the 60% mark, perfecto! :yay:

I tried a slightly different approach to drying this time: First couple of days I let them hang with fans on full blast. Kept checking the water activity with my meter until I got W.A readings below 8.0 (I think mine was at 7.9 at that point).
    Then I started my humidifier and set the controller to keep it at 75% R.H for about 5 days, the reason is to get the buds to dry as slow as possible once they clear the 8.0 W.A point (at which point bud rot is not a concern anymore). Setting the humidifier higher like this really slowed things down. I also slowed the fans to just barely move the air with very little current.
    After 5 days I started lowering the RH 1% every day until I got to 70%. Trimmed and jarred on the 11th day and they came out perfect! And they already smell amazing, like they would after a few weeks of cure.:love-mj2:

• Like Like x 7
  2. Looks great, interesting drying method. which meter are you using?

• Like Like x 4
  3. It's called a water activity meter. This is what they use in the food industry. Kinda pricey but I figure its a one time investment and it really takes the guesswork out of the whole drying process.
    [​IMG]
    Got mine from amazon, seems to be out of stock on the exact model but they have others if you search (or you can find it cheaper on alibaba)
    www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R4MZBZ1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Started these zamaldelica clones on 12/12 on saterday, keeping them in these quart size pots to see how it controls the stretch. Their sisters seem to have stopped stretching around the 80 days mark
    0.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Hmmm.... that’s a cool piece of equipment!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Day 126 Zamaldelica...I don't know what to say...did s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ a lot more trimming
    IMG_7177.jpg IMG_7179.jpg IMG_7180.jpg

Trimming half way done IMG_7181.jpg IMG_7182.jpg

This is all since the last trim I did at around day 70 IIRC IMG_7184.jpg

All done...for now.... IMG_7186.jpg

:apache:

• Like Like x 7
  7. Gimme an S! Gimme an A! Gimme a T!.....
    Not much hybrid breeding there! Are you still running 12 hours or have you tried lowering it a little yet?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. I haven't, maybe I should!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Zamaldelica week 20, it never stopped.
    IMG_7199.jpg IMG_7201.jpg

Started to dig into the thicket...lots of dry leaves and yellow buds. I guess they grew so thick and dense they just suffocated each other
    IMG_7203.jpg IMG_7204.jpg IMG_7208.jpg
    found some mushrooms growing under the bush
    IMG_7202.jpg

Anyway, I chopped the plants from the front row that looked the least damaged, the rest ill probably compost. I could probably salvage a few more buds but whatever.

These are the ones I kept. Gave them a 10 minute soak in h2O2 solution and hanged to dry with fans blasting them. I'll inspect them closer tomorrow to see what I can salvage.
    IMG_7210.jpg IMG_7211.jpg IMG_7213.jpg IMG_7214.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. My heart is hurting bro, it does look wild ! I guess some strains need more trimming? I'm holding my 1 dp as low as possible, had a mh bulb explode above plants, it was only 1 month old. KIMG3841.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  12. Dude, that's a bummer, it almost looks like they did a reveg. Oh well, some extra smoke, and moving on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Thanks fellas. I kinda had my suspicion that it would turn out this way. Definitly planted way too many plants in that space. I think for this strain I should have gone with maximum four plants and SCROGed them with very little veg time.
    I was literally trimming them every 2-3 weeks and the part where the buds were growing got thicker and thicker until all the buds were pretty much all squished into one solid mass, I'm actually really surprised I didnt see massive amounts of mold inside, I'm sure there is some mold but not nearly as much as you would expect from such dense and packed growth.
    It's possible that the fact they were squished so tightly like sardines also contributed to them stretching non stop, poor girls just wanted some AIR!

I have started 4 more zamals in quart sized pots, they are on day 40 of flower now, ill snap some pics later.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Wow crazy

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Oh lovely, so there's a back up plan.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Welcome to the jungle! Sorry it went south on you Scoob. Much respect for sticking with it so long. It does get old. I hope you get a nice haul of smoke that makes you really happy after all your diligence. :passing-joint:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Zamaldelica, didnt feel like trimming all that larf
    IMG_7215.jpg
    IMG_7219.jpg
    IMG_7220.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. [​IMG]

:passing-joint:

• Like Like x 2