SB & GA’s autoflower myth busters thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smokexbreak, May 30, 2019.

1. I'd supercrop it myself.

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 1

2. I am. I was wondering if you can supercrop all your branches out to the side to control height. I think I’ve seen someone here doing that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I don't see why not.

• Like Like x 1

4. I think I have a new myth buster, besides an auto not being an auto. This sounds like a fun experiment. Totally new to photos though. Not sure when I’m going to switch to 12/12. Any suggestions on that?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sometime the ruderalis side isn't enough to pop on its own and needs the help of less light. It does happen. Whenever your ready I'd flip

• Like Like x 1

6. If it is an auto that just didn’t get enough ruderalis, will light leaks still cause it to hermie? I grow autos because it’s easier. I leave my tent flap open so the window ac I added for my plants gets into my tent. Florida is so hot and humid this is the only way I can keep temps and humidity down.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm the wrong person to ask on light leaks. I personally wouldn't worry about it.

• Like Like x 1

8. I think I’m going to just wing it. It’s just one plant and it’s not a big deal even if I killed my plant. So I’m going to supercrop all my branches, do more defoliation and switch to 12/12. And keep my tent open.

It’s been a while since there have any myths left to bust but I think this might qualify. What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just did my final defoliation.. kinds late in flower for as big of a defol as I did but we will see, that's what we do around here is bust myths!! Ethos - chem p
    20210321_114912.jpg 20210321_114932.jpg 20210321_114946.jpg 20210321_114957.jpg 20210321_115015.jpg

• Like Like x 3

10. They look great! And still bushy after defoliation. I think defoliation is a big myth buster no matter if it’s auto or photo, but especially auto. It’s looking like you’re going to get a big yield.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I decided to put my plant outside. I put her out yesterday afternoon and this morning she was looking super happy. Sunrise to sunset right now is 12/12. I wasn’t sure if she’d need recovery time after going outside but clearly not.

Day 66 auto (probably not) NL. First day of flipping. Does that count as the start of flower in photos or is that only when you get pistils? I’ve read both. She’s going to be huge after the flower stretch. Assuming she flowers. But I love that she’s so happy!

9258742A-519C-40F8-B452-3F8831D97CBA.jpeg

B3D6F7C5-FC11-470B-87C8-F0CD243DCF5C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  12. I was going through my seeds for my next grow and look what i found. I looked at my order and it was for autos. This was a good way to jump in to growing a photo. She’s getting about 8-9 hours of direct light. How long after the switch do photos usually start flowering?

48383D65-B0D6-4FC2-ABEC-70B8CCB0A072.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. 1-3 weeks. I’ll start getting pistols and small buds by 2.5-3 weeks tops!

• Like Like x 2

14. It’s been awhile. How’s your factory going? I can see why people like photos so much more than autos. You have so much more control over yields. Does flowering stretch usually happen before or after flowering starts? She’s been getting taller fast. I’m glad I have a good supply of weed. I just smoked some 2 yr old GG. Wow. Super baked! Just goes to show how important proper curing and storing it. It’s also very smooth. I just bought WW and Gelato OG autos. They’ll probably be done before my NL.

• Like Like x 1
  15. My Photo NL is growing nicely and still happy outside. Day 73. It should be ready for harvest in about 73 more days lol. If this isn’t a flowering stretch I’m going to end up with a very tall plant. But she really likes being outside.

43E32442-37DE-40CF-92D4-D98C84A10533.jpeg BFA77F35-EC1B-4F10-8DE8-F26A5D540560.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Very nice lady

• Like Like x 1
  17. The first 2-3 weeks photos stretch the most! They definitely give you way more
    control! Autos have their place. But photos are IMO much easier/efficient to run.

The farm is growing!! lol this is why I haven’t been posting much! If you have an Instagram I have an account on there that I update more frequently on because it’s super easy and quick to post on.

Mom room
    Banana Hammock (ethos)
    Blueberry obama (ethos)
    White wedding (ethos)
    Peyote gorilla (seedsman)
    IMG_8169.JPG

Pre teens
    IMG_8170.JPG

Flower room 1
    IMG_8171.JPG
    IMG_8167.JPG

Flower room 2
    IMG_8171.JPG
    IMG_8172.JPG

Flower room 3
    IMG_8174.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1

18. Thank you! If all goes well this is going to blow my biggest yields away. Im getting ready to start a new grow with WW and Gelato OG autos but my next grow after that is done I’m going to grow a photo. I like how you have more control.

• Like Like x 1

19. That’s awesome! How many plants total do you have?

• Like Like x 1
  20. 36 in flower. 4 moms and 24 preteens/veg.

• Like Like x 2