Salt and Reclaim

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Noobahata, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Ok, so this is my first post. I don't really know where this goes so I chose what I thought is closest to my question. So here is the story. I have been smoking for 5 years and been smoking dabs for around a year. So yesterday I finally got around to cleaning my rig. It was a long time coming. It's a personal rig so I was the only one smoking from it. So cleaning it out I was, of course, high as shit. And well I wanted some reclaim. I boiled water and poured in into my bong. The first few started to get stuff off, but as I got lower and lower on water it just wasn't cleaning it well enough. So being very scientifically un-inclined I put some iodine salt in the rig to help get the big globs off. Well, I finally got most of it out. I was fine with what I had in my pyrex dish. So I put it in the over around 140-160 for like 12 hours. Well, I thought the salt would evaporate out with the water. I would periodically take it out of the oven to remix the salt and water. In the end, the whole bottom was a salty wax mess. So firstly can I use that for cooking like if I use that salt wax combo in a meal will it work and secondly for the wax on the side of the dish it doesn't taste salty at all. It tastes like normal wax. So I collected it and put it in a separate wax container. So is it safe for me to smoke the wax I got or just try to use it in food like with the other stuff?