Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

RSO Medical Use - Help.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by herrwibi, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Hi All,

This might have been asked a million times but i'm struggling to find some answers.

I've never used marijuana or anything like that but my Dad has been diagnosed with esophagus cancer and liver cancer . They can't do anything about it but do chemo and prolong life.

He's not been very well since coming out the hospital and hasn't even started chemo due to not being able to keep his weight up .and is actually losing weight.

I've been looking into RSO to try and increase his appetite and for some pain relief and for a better life. I've been trying to get my hands on some but wanted to ask a few questions.

1. What should the dosage be and when?
    2. Is there any side effects such as the high feeling?
    3. Is there anything to expect in the first week of using it?
    4. What is the difference between edibles and RSO?

If anyone can add anything else out about it then please the more the better.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome to the City.

1. What should the dosage be and when?
    We gradually increase the dose until the patient says enough.
    2. Is there any side effects such as the high feeling?
    Yes, YES, The more stone he can stand the faster it works.
    3. Is there anything to expect in the first week of using it?
    LOL being stoned.
    4. What is the difference between edibles and RSO?
    Ahh the 50 cent question.
    RSO has a lot of extracted plant waxes and Chlorophyll and tends to be very bitter. Best done in Capsules. This is a heavy stone with lots of clumsy. You feel like you have 2 left feet and have a brain full of quicksand.

An oil edible like my Hash capsules are a "cleaner" stone. Much more functional for the same amount of stone.
    Most of the Cancer patients I've supplied said the 2 forms gave equal relief for everything Cannabis worked on for each person. The choice was my Kief capsules for day use and the heavy duty RSO at night.

Now does one "cure" Cancer better then the other ? Your on your own with that question.
    Many sites on the net tout the benefits of Full Spectrum extractions with far longer alcohol soaks of the original Tincture. Hours or days where I feel 10 seconds is enough.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is there a general guide to start with for dosing wise?
    I know my dad has taken it when he was younger . Would the being stoned effect be every time he takes a dose?
    I'm not expecting this to be a miracle cure, i actually don't think its going to help his cancer but to give him a better quality of life would be great.
    what would you recommend? It's my friend that's asking for me and so far there are edibles available ( these are a jelly sweet form) still trying to source some RSO.

• Like Like x 1
  4. They will be fine for him to start on.
    Most legal state gummies and the like are 10mg each.

Take 5mg and wait 2 hours
    If not stoned.
    Take 10mg more and wait 2 more hours
    If not stoned
    Take 20mg more and wait another 2 hours.
    Keep doubling and waiting until he says Enough.

Start early in the day as it may take all day before he gets cranking.
    While slow this is the safe and sane way to find anybody's personal dose. We all differ hugely on this.

2mg will have my wife blazing for hours and she'll be pissed when she finally comes down.
    150mg puts me just about where I want to be.

The Kief Capsules I make keep working so well that I need to skip a day per week or I'm stupidly stoned and not functional. They stack on me rather then building tolerance.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. @herrwibi
    Unfortunately all to often people don't seek my help until they are done with Chemo and radiation and are basically told go home you have 30-90 days to live.

I started my 7th person on Cannabis RSO-Kief last week. If he follows the pattern he should get 2 good years or more of additional quality life. Those who dosed the highest and most consistently lived the longest.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  6. These wouldn't be legal here where I am. Are you taking about the gummies and just cutting it to 5mg and taking it slow ?

Would 2mg of the RSO oil be too much ? I read a few forums saying to start at 0.2ml and working up as it comes in a syringe .

7. Store RSO and measured in ml may need only 0.2ml
    Syringes are always hard to dose from.

Go slow with either product. To much cannabis to fast is not fun at all.
    Worse then getting super drunk. In really high doses you get the spins and hours of puking your guts out because the damn spins just won't stop.
    It is so bad that once burned most people will never touch an edible again.

If you can't get the syringe to work heat it in hot water for 10 minutes to soften the contents. The RSO is often like road tar.
    [​IMG]
    For new users I make up a mess of 1 drop capsules.
    My Kief oil is 3mg per drop.
    My RSO varies from 3 to 5mg per drop. It's a lot more eyeball amounts.
    Once a new user figures out what their ideal dose is I make up the required number of drops per capsule.
    6 drops is a very common dose request.

BNW

8. You should also consider giving your dad CBD during the day.
    There is some evidence that it might partially deprive cancer cells of blood flow.
    It will also reduce the thc high.

I treated my wife's cancer by giving her CBD + Sativa during the day, and a strong indica for sleep at night.
    She's made it 5+ years so far, but the chemo + radiation was difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Check out these stories from people who have used it for their liver cancer http://cannabishealthradio.com/search?q=liver

• Like Like x 1
  10. Get comfy, this is going to be long, hon. :coffee:

A story you should check out is “Cancer the tumors are really shrinking”
    The Tumors Are Really Shrinking

Rick Simpson recommends starting with a piece of RSO no bigger than a rice grain. That's rather imprecise - short grain or long grain rice? How big is the opening of the syringe? It is very easy to "overdose" and have a very unpleasant time (nausea, chills, panic attacks, sometimes vomiting) although no one dies from too much cannabis.

I always recommend mixing about 1/2 inch of RSO into about a tablespoon of warmed oil (flax seed, hemp seed, olive, even canola oil) - shot glasses are good for this. You can shine a light through the oil to see if all the RSO is mixed in. Then put one drop of the mix in a gelatin capsule. Put 2 drops in the 2nd capsule, 3 in the third and so on. Give him the first capsule and wait at least 6 hours before trying the 2 drop capsule. Next day try the 3 drop capsule. What you want to do is find the maximum dose he can tolerate. Then hold him at that level for a week and then start raising the dose again. Mixing the RSO in oil makes it easier to control the dose.

Another thing that should help is Omega 3. Most people are in a state of low-level inflammation due to an imbalance of Omega 6 and Omega 3. Cancer loves inflammation! We get WAY too much Omega 6 and almost no Omega 3. Scientists say we need between a 1 to 1 and a 4 to 1 ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3. Most Americans are at around a 16 to 1 ratio, although 50 to 1 ratios have been recorded in some studies. This affects our health far more than you'd think! :eek2:

“Excessive amounts of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and a very high omega-6/omega-3 ratio, as is found in today's Western diets, promote the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, whereas increased levels of omega-3 PUFA (a low omega-6/omega-3 ratio) exert suppressive effects.”
    “The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids” The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids - PubMed

It also can affect your getting high. :GettingStoned: Seems you can't properly make the CB1 receptors that THC activates unless you have some Omega 3 in your system! The earliest study I’ve found on this is “Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.” Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions - PubMed .

Here’s the key sentence- “In n-3-deficient mice, presynaptic cannabinoid CB(1) receptors (CB(1)Rs) normally responding to endocannabinoids were uncoupled from their effector G(i/o) proteins.” (n-3 = Omega 3).

An uncoupled receptor works about as good as a radio with a broken speaker wire! :frown: The good news is that your body can make new receptors that will work if you start taking Omega 3! It takes about a month to replace enough broken receptors to begin improving your high. (I take between 2 and 4 grams of Omega 3 each day depending on my diet, avoid high Omega 6 cooking oils and I eat wild-caught fish at least twice a week.)

Diet is more important than most folks realize. Cut way back on the "white foods" (white rice, white flour, sugar, lard, etc) and processed foods. Eat more grass-fed beef, oily wild-caught ocean fish, wild game, leaf lettuce, berries, nuts, hemp seeds, flax seeds, whole grains, and lots of greens, fresh raw fruits and veggies (organic if possible) - you both should be eating like well-off peasants!

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Rick Simpson used dangerous solvents.
    Other forms of cannabis edibles work just as well, and are safer if they don't use dangerous solvents.

For example, It doesn't matter whether you ingest 1 gram of cannabis that has become RSO, or 1 gram of cannabis baked into a brownie. The main difference will be volume eaten.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Oop accident

13. What about organic coconut oil + decarbed cannabis, heat and mix together for 4 hours in 220 degree, stir every hour.