Reliable Vehicle Models and Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by ChiefRunningPhist, Jun 29, 2020.

1. I had several Cherokee’s and the very simple Sport model was the best IMO. Not the fancier Grand Cherokee but the Cherokee Sport.

I had two that had the 4.0 liter straight 6 cylinder and lemme tellya those straight 6’s were GREAT motors.

on both, the bodies rusted out long before there was anything wrong with the motors.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I have a friend that loves Cherokees.
    I am not really a jeep fan, but renegades hold value much better than cherokees, not sure why. Toyota trucks seem to keep value better than 4 runners, I haven't figured that one out either.

3. I have a friend that loves Cherokees.
    I am not really a jeep fan, but renegades hold value much better than cherokees, not sure why. Toyota trucks seem to keep value better than 4 runners, I haven't figured that one out either.

4. I'm guessing it's because trucks are more useful than SUV's. 4Runners are nice enough but don't really have any particular utility that makes them special, basically a truck station wagon with a small amount of cargo room.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. All of those jeeps and toyotas rot away in bad climates. Frame crack, suspension mounts rotting away, spring shackles desolving. Great vehicles, just cannot handle harsh climates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Can’t go wrong with a Toyota, any model. I’ve had a 96’, 05’, and now a 13’ 4Runner. Will never buy anything else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. You can't beat a Chevy imo I've had dodge ford and Chevy and it's no surprise which one has out lasted them all

• Agree Agree x 1