Ready to harvest?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Mrgreen2021, Mar 29, 2021.

1. 1B2F3577-6079-422D-A70A-98B8041DA128.jpeg 535BAB64-F6B8-418A-8876-69D50E68AB2A.jpeg Hey all

This is my first time growing, and I’m not 100% sure if I should harvest now, so would love a second opinion from an expert set of eyes. I read the guide and understand that it’s ready when the pistils curl in to cover the buds. Mine don’t seem to have done that yet (see pictures), but the rest of the plant is starting to die over the last week. Should I harvest now, or leave it a bit longer?

Thanks!

2. You should leave it longer..start looking in about 2 weeks. It's normal for the rest of the plant to die as the energy is being directed to the flowers at the expense of the foliage. The flowers will thicken in the next couple weeks. Good job on your first grow!

3. Thank you so much!! Should I trim the yellow leaves off?

4. I would just let them be. They will eventually become brittle where if you tug the leaf they will come right off
    At least thats what I like to do. Mimics nature

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice job for your first plant!

Enjoy.

j

6. upload_2021-3-29_7-28-6.jpeg
    With USB microscopes so damn cheap there is no reason not to own one. Mine was under $20 shipping included. Needs to start at 40x or lower. Read before you order as some start at 1000x and that is way to strong for our needs.

Take a few tiny snips from a range on the plant top to bottom. Go inside to a table and chair. A tiny fragment that you have to cover so it won't blow out of your cupped hand will be 3 feet wide under 50x.
    Take your samples from where the light doesn't reach.

Trichomes.jpg

5-10% amber is my target at harvest.

BNW

• Like Like x 2