Rate the last movie you watched!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dimethyltrip, Aug 17, 2009.

1. a true story from an auto biography, still the film scores very hi, the kid had to learn to speak the local language

• Winner Winner x 1

2. Depressing Looser,this guy rants way too much, I'm gonna get some heat over this
    I found it 'not my type of movie' for once, others loved it, its one of those films I guess
    Cherry drifts from college dropout to army medic in Iraq - anchored only by his true love, Emily. But after returning from the war with PTSD, his life spirals into drugs and crime as he struggles to find his place in the world.

Cherry is a brilliant movie and a fitting translation of the story of a real person. The pacing feels chaotic at times, compared to traditional movies, because real stories aren't paced like screenplays. The cinematography is nothing short of stunning, and most of the events are ugly to give a hint of the ugliness that is being translated from real life to a book and to a movie. Tom Holland once again flexes his range as an actor, and the Russo Brothers continue to elevate cinema. Ciara Bravo didn't have too much to do in the movie, but I personally believe she aced her tonally contradicting scenes.sailorman-12617's Profile - IMDb

stoner value high ( 20's something try to find a life)

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I finally got around to watching Godzilla King of the Monsters (2019) last night. GREAT Godzilla movie, had everything you could want. Big giant monsters fighting - check. Great special effects - check. REALLY bad dialogue - check. REALLY hammy acting - check. Dumb as dirt storyline/plot - check. Almost a perfect movie. Can't wait for Godzilla vs. Kong next week.

My rating - as a Godzilla movie 9/10
    if you're not a Godzilla movie fan, 4/10

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1

4. Me an My Husband Love that Movie Too...We have Watchedd it more then Once. King Ghidorah was Bad@$$ in don't You think? I Also Love that My Home Girl Mothra was in there too. Rodan was Cool too an of Course Godzilla Him Self I Love when he Does that Blast Laser ting from His Mouth an also Ghidorahs One too from 3 Heads No Less lol. My Man is Really Looking forward to Godzilla VS Kong as well I Wonder how that's Gon Play out?

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Unforgiven - 7/10

I saw it years ago but forgot most of it. It's slow paced and honestly a bit boring in a lot of parts but it's very meaningful and impactful with the message it delivers. Definitely a work of art.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. #18466 Dizzy, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates 9/10 I Thought this Movie was Pretty Funny IMO. Alotta Good Jokes in it. My Home Girl Aubrey Plaza is Really Funny AF too an She Got Great Improv Game too.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Been watching a lot of war movies.

Hacksaw Ridge: 10\10
    One of the greatest movies ever made about a soldier (medic) that refused to use a firearm. (Nonfiction)

The Wall: 6.5/10
    Interesting (fiction) movie about soldiers pinned down behind a stone wall from a sniper, not a great ending.

The Siege of Jadotville: 8/10
    (Nonfiction) The UN sent about 150 of Ireland's soldiers to South Africa, they were outnumbered 20 to 1. Ireland covered it up for about 60 years. I love the historical aspect of it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Men in Black 10/10 because it's a classic film :smoke:
    p19526_p_v10_av.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

9. Yea it is! You Seen 2 an 3 As Well?

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Hell yeah I've seen them all before T but not for ages :D

• Winner Winner x 1

11. Should Check The 3rd One Again Brews The One Scene Near The Ending Hit Me in The Feelings TBH. 2nd One Cool too tho. Was The First One as Good as You Remember?

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Took the girls to see Raya and the last dragon at the theatre. Loved being back at the “big screen” and movie was great. 8 out of 10!

• Winner Winner x 1

13. That Movie is That Business Lol My Girls Liked it Too sn So did I TBH!

~Toni~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. I Care A Lot: 6/10 - I was on board for the first half of the movie enjoying myself but by the end I just couldn't really understand who this movie was for. There wasn't a single redeeming character in the movie, nobody to root for. For a while I was behind Peter Dinklage's character but by the end he is just as bad as the rest.

• Like Like x 3
  15. #18475 Vee, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    [​IMG]
    You will never remember this ...but

Will Smith's performance-based pay for the third "Men in Black" movie got him $100 million of its $624 million gross.

Chris O'Donnell was first offered the role of Jay, but he turned it down because he thought it was another "new recruit" role like his performance of Dick Grayson from Batman Forever

Will Smith didn't believe it was really Steven Spielberg on the other end of the line when the executive producer first called to talk to him about Men in Black (1997).

Tommy Lee Jones only accepted the role of Kay after Steven Spielberg promised the script would improve. He had been disappointed with the first draft, which he felt did not capture the tone of the comic.

Will Smith, after reading the script, did not want to accept the role because one year before he starred Independence Day (1996) and he didn't make another movie about aliens. His wife Jada Pinkett Smith convinced him to take the part.

Clint Eastwood was offered the role of Kay, but turned it down.

The site BadAstronomy, famed for bashing science fiction movies (such as Armageddon (1998)) about their science blunders, praised this movie for being comedic, yet surprisingly accurate, when it comes to astronomy facts.

Man, we ain't got time for this cover-up bullshit?
    There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they do not know about it!”
    (said many times to chill out my crew..lol)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Please Note:
    Many of the characters in this film are members of the Russian Mafia, and are different ages
    and intelligence levels. However, none of them have the slightest trace of a foreign accent
    when speaking English
    .from here lolol
    I Care a Lot (2020)

• Winner Winner x 1

17. I put it on for my babe as she heard of it at work, then at the end she says
    it would be a better film if the star had been black over that middle class 'trash' Rose Pike
    considering how active BLM has been, she maybe right for a Gone Girl 2
    but...tho the GG1 was about fraud and money for a part 2 their has to be more meat in the burger

Only good thing for me was the music ....lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Watched This Movie Called Sky Scraper Today 7/10 Starring Dwayne The Rock Johnson. It Was On TV an I Never Seen so i Just Chilled an Watched it was Ok.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Haha yeah that bugged me too.

• Winner Winner x 2

20. I dusted of the home theatre with Mad Max 9/10

more art than movie

• Winner Winner x 2