Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quick question....

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Toppdogg, Feb 23, 2021.

1. My friend made brownies but they taste too much like their eating weed what did she do wrong?

Sent from my moto g stylus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I hope she extracted the thc and didn't use any plant matter.

I could taste it in every edible that I have ever eaten..........the taste makes me gag.
    That's why I make canna caps........swallow like a pill.........plus they don't go bad and no calories.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I personally like the taste of the herb and I've done brownies at 50% herb to flour.
    :)
    A. Man up and just learn to love it. Embrace the herb.
    B. Water cure the herb before decarb
    C. Make oil and remove the herb.
    D. Buy a jar of chocolate frosting and put an inch of it on them.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Anytime I’ve used pure plant material, I decarb it and add to whatever I’m making. It’s never been an overwhelming taste. I can taste it a little.
    It’s not the best tasting cookies,brownies or tootsie rolls but it’s never been gross.
    If I don’t want to taste it I take the time and make oil or butter

• Like Like x 1
  5. I just use concentrates anymore for edibles, much less taste using them, although there still is some weed taste, but like @BrassNwood said you kinda get used to it. It's probably conditioning like Palov's dog, you get that taste and then are rewarded, so you come to like it, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maybe use hash/kief instead of herbs ? It will taste different, but you will still taste it.
    I use powdered herbs as well, but I fill caps with it and don’t taste anything at all. Still from time to time I warm up a chocolate milk, throw a cap in it and drink it up - stir it from time to time. The cap will solve, but you can empty the capsule in the milk as well. It looks like they solve better in milk than in thee for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Strain out the ganja, don't use water when making butter, freeze the butter then thaw before use. That's a few things I've noticed can help with the ganja flavor.

• Like Like x 1