Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Quick & Easy Guide: Sugar Cookie Edibles Recipe

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Mass Medicinals, Dec 5, 2020.

1. #1 Mass Medicinals, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    How to Make Homemade Sugar Cookie Edibles
    This is a quick and easy recipe for making delicious cannabis sugar cookies. The recipe includes only 8 ingredients, and also is completed in just a little over 10 simple steps. This recipe will make 48 sugar cookies, and should take 60 minutes or less, start to finish.

What Ingredients you will need:
    • 1/8 cup (~2 tablespoons) cannabis coconut oil (~26 grams)
    • 1 & 3/4 sticks of unsalted butter (regular, non-canna butter )
    • 2 & 3/4 cups of flour
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    • 1 & 1/2 cups of white sugar
    • 1 egg
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    What supplies you will need:
    • measuring cups and spoons (cup, 1/4 cup, 1 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon)
    • solid wooden spoon (strong for enough to mix the dough)
    • spatula
    • digital scale
    • mixing bowls
    • cooking tray
    • oven mitten
    Optional items:
    • parchment paper
    • whisk
    • silicone baking mats
    Total time: ~ 30-60 minutes
    Total cookies: ~ 4 dozen

Directions:

While the video does break the process down into over 10 steps, don't be fooled, this is a very easy to do recipe.

Start by adding the dry ingredients together. So that's the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar. I whisk this all together for a bit, but that isn't a required step.

Next add the egg, vanilla and butter and cannabutter. Make sure the butter has been given time to soften to room temperature. This makes the mixing step a whole lot easier.

How much Cannabutter to use???
    This recipe called for 2 sticks of butter, which also 1 cup or 16 tablespoons. So the amount of canna-butter you add is up to you. Just remember the more you add the stronger each cookie will be.

Coconut Canna oil conversion
    1 tablespoon (1/16 cup), weighs about 14 grams or 15 ml
    2 tablespoons (1/8 cup), weighs about 27 grams or 30ml
    4 tablespoons (1/4 cup), weighs about 54 grams or 60ml

After you have mixed the cookie dough, you can go right into cutting the dough into cookies to cook, or you can put the dough into the refrigerator to cool and firm up. This step is optional and will increase the overall cooking time. However I find this process to make the dough easier to work with, and you can also clean the kitchen and pre-heat the oven while the dough cools. Your choice!

Now you're ready to make the dough into cookies. First lightly grease the cookie tray, but this isn't needed if you have a silicone baking mat. Pre-heat the oven to 350-375. Next begin cutting the dough into equal sizes. The goal here is to make 4 dozen cookies of equal weight. That way each will have the same amount of cannabutter. If you really want to be exact a cooking scale will help you with this step.

Once you have them cut and on the cookie tray, in the pre-heated oven your cookies go! They will need around 10 minutes depending on your oven. The goal is to get them to bake until just before they turn golden brown. Remember - golden good, Golden brown ok, brown not so good! Over cooking or burning them will not just ruin the sugar cookie, but also burn away the THC.

Once they are cooked to your desired amount. The sugar cookies just need about 15 minutes to sit in the cookie tray and then can be served, stored and even frozen for later.

Happy Growing!!!
    MM's

2. #2 OldUR, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2020
    So confused!
    But sure to get you some YouTube hits.
    :poke:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Seems to me like OP is trying to use GC to promote/plug there YT in order to get hits/subs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. removing sorry been a while since my last post appreciate the refresher on url etiquette.

6. Here's a recipe for vegan snickerdoodles made with whole herb.
    I find it easier to set containers on a scale, and add ingredients by the gram.

Equipment needed
    Oven or toaster oven
    Large bowl
    Container to bake an oil mixture in. I like 250 mL beakers.
    Cookie sheet. I like silicone cookie molds with cavities.

Prepare the herb and equipment
    0. Weigh the containers you'll be using to make sure the final dough weight can be found easily.
    Write the numbers down. Things can go wrong.
    1. Decarb at least 10 g herb @ 240 F for 40 min.
    2. Grind to fine powder.
    3. Combine the following ingredients in the same baking container. I use a 250 mL beaker.
    Decarbed herb powder 7.5 g
    Lecithin 7.5 g
    Coconut Oil 59 g
    4. Bake the mixture @ 220 F for 20-40 min. 40 is slightly sleepier than 20.

Prepare the solid ingredients
    Mix together the following ingredients in a large bowl.
    Flour 113 g
    Sugar 69 g
    Cinnamon 10 g
    Salt 1 g

Prepare the liquid ingredients
    Mix together the following ingredients, preferably in the same container as the infusion step.
    Herb, Oil, Lecithin mixture 64 g
    Water 29 g
    Vanilla 4 g

Baking instructions
    Weigh the bowl plus dough, then subtract the bowl weight to get the dough weight.
    Dividing that weight by 30 will give the exact weight of 1 cookie.
    I often weigh out 30 equal cookies exactly, but that's a lot of work.
    Recently I've started using a different silicone tray with cavities the size I want, which allows the spreading of the dough into the cavities without weighing.
    Bake for 10 min @ 350 F.
    This will make 30 cookies of about 10 g each (some weight loss due to baking), and each cookie will have about 40 mg thc.

I've tried capsules, brownies, tinctures, nut butter spreads, chocolates, but cookies are my favorite.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Do you really feel including lecithin makes a difference with edibles? Also how's the taste with using whole herb? Our cookies had the aroma of cannabutter. Taste too but not enough to make it unpleasant.

8. The best oil recipe is BadKats.
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered

5 grams of Kief or Hash or Powdered Buds or Concentrates
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.

This does the Coconut oil / Canna side of things and incorporates the Lecithin for maximum effects,
    Doubles the effects per milligram and doubles or more the duration.

I fill capsules with the stuff. For baking mix the tablespoon of super strong Canna oil into your baking oil first and then fold in the rest of the dry bits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The dry ice kief I use smells more like a roasted nut of some kind after decarb and passes as a spice more often then not if detected at all.

Hash or Kief 1 tablespoon finished oil = 2500mg
    Powdered buds 1 tablespoon = 750mg

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks @BrassNwood We're going to be making some sour gummy edibles. We will have to do a test with and without lecithin, to see the outcome. Been a pretty solid skeptic on that component for quite a while.

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's okay with me. We don't have enough good fresh recipes here. This is simple and easy to understand. I have videos and a YouTube channel, too. So what? Spread the word near and far so that all can enjoy the benefits of cannabis. You don't have to watch. :ey:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. I don't go for the lecithin, either, but you'll need it if you use oil in your gummies. It's an emulsifier and will keep the oil from separating. Don't need it if using tincture to infuse them. :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. @PsychedelicSam Thanks for the heads up. Definitely don't want the gummies to melt!

13. That won't cause them to melt but it keeps the oil from separating in the mold. You get a layer of oil and a layer of jello instead of a homogenized unit. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ah man i thought gummies were supposed to be easy to make. Also the coconut oil we use is solid at room temp. So hopefully that will reduce the chance the ingredients separate.

15. They are easy. Just follow a good recipe. A good recipe will say to use lecithin if you're using oil. It might take a time or two to get things perfect with the drying and coating but they'll still work well. :mellow:

• Like Like x 2
  16. I think lecithin helps, but I haven't tested it thoroughly.
    Cookies made with whole herb don't taste very bad unless too much herb is used.
    I just took a snack bag of cookie crumbles out of the refrigerator, and smelled them.
    They were originally about 10 g cookies with 0.5 g herb each, and I didn't smell much herb.
    Cinnamon hides the smell and taste pretty well if the herb is limited to 5% of the total weight or less.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sorry to tell you that this solid oil means nothing when it comes to gelatin. Have you ever made soup broth from scratch? The gelatin layer of the broth always settles to the bottom, while the fat from the skin will make a fat layer on top.
    You can actually stir in whipping cream or softened cream cheese to a batch of warm gelatin and it will layer in a very cool way while it is setting up. Making gummies with oil is possible without separation, but I could never dial in my recipe just right. It involved lecithin as well as a gum emulsifier. Miniscule amount, but I fought that shit so many times! Most issues had to do with that separation layer which is inhibitive for long term storage purposes. My avatar represents my best effort with gummies, but I find that fruit leather using applesauce and adding a flavored jello packet to that plus my canna oil in a blender works much better. No need to heat anything except to get the oil fluid enough to incorporate. Then use dehydrator to dry the excess moisture out of them.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thanks @Wake'n Bakester looks like this is going to be a fun trial & error process.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. It can be fun, but not using oil will get you to gummie heaven much faster. I can't tell you how many times I thought I had a good emulsification and the fat would still end up floating to the top. The gum emulsifier would also seize up and make a blob of gum within the mix Agggh.....gelatin also does not work well when overheated. Old gelatin can have gelling issues as well and won't set up properly. I swear, it was always something with making gummies.
    Turns out people prefer the roll ups, but I have to keep them refrigerated. but I also used a tincture honey in them with great results.

• Like Like x 2
  20. what canna source(s) do you recommend over cannabis infused oil?

• Like Like x 1