Quest for a pound

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Antdro707, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Yea single ended 600 watt bulb, running on a dimmable 1000 watt ballast

2. Swap it out for a hortilux 1000 and crank it up to 1150 if you can.

3. I think I’m around week 6 of veg, added the 600 watt cmh and kept two sf-1000 in the tent for a total of 800 watts in the 5x5 . Temps holding around 75-80 during the day with my new ac.

They got their first feeding at half strength of tiger bloom last night.

I think I will flip to flower tomorrow.
    Now comes the fun part...

Attached Files:

4. Those could be vegged at least another week.

5. Lollipop the bottom about now. Veg another week. If all works well you'll hit a LB.

A guy on here recently pulled almost 2lb in a 4x4 tent and raised bed of living soil. Believe it was 4 plants scrogged. Fluence spydr light

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ant recommended nutes to use for flower? I’ve got tiger bloom and beastie bloom but idk if they are any good they’ve been in my garage for a year

7. Ok will do, then I will actually pull some clones off tonight and throw my 4 rooted clones into my new veg tent. Got a 200 watt t-5 in my 4ftx2ftx5ft tent

• Like Like x 1
  8. Im gonna cut about 15-20 clones off tonight from the one chemdawg and the green punch in the back left corner , using clone-x rooting gel

• Like Like x 1
  9. Forgot to mention also when I flower I’m switching out the cmh bulb with a hps bulb, Vivosun ballast I have can run both

10. I use the general hydroponics trio plus calmag and silica. All of them at about 25% of the recommended dose.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Do you notice a big difference when growing with silica?

12. No, but its cheap, especially when you buy the gallon. A 40$ gallon will last several grows.

Im always making changes with genetics, lighting, training, soil, etc etc so its hard to say exactly what does what.

13. Ok cool thanks for answering, after I saw ur comment I googled silica and weed plants and the reviews were mixed, some say it a game changer others say it just ok

14. Outdoors may be different than indoors too. And soil vs hydroponic. Lots of variables. Like i say for 40$ for a gallon, it doesnt hurt to add it at a low concentration. Ive never seen anyone strongly against using it.

15. If your working the plant like lst’ing, go light on it till your finished and ready to leave it be, had horrid time snapping stems last run from using it heavy while trying to lst it. Once it’s in its final position, I dump it in to lock it in place

16. That makes sense. Good to know. I think im going to keep training to a minimum in the future. Its easier to just plant more seeds. Had excellent success running 4 plants per 20 gallon pot. I used to not like having a lot of plants because watering 12 in a 5x5 is a bitch. But doing 3 per 20 gallon pot would be easy. Top them once, remove the first set of branches, flower out either 6 or 8 branches per plant. Spread them out evenly in a trellis. So much easier than training over and over and over.

17. How bout now, think I should flower? I’ve been running these on 24 hours of light up untill last Monday, for the past week they have been on 18/6 schedule

Attached Files:

18. You're going to get a pound from that plant?

19. Silica supplements help the plant thrive in more extreme conditions like higher temperatures (82f-88f), and increases essential nutrient uptake in the plant, making it harder to end up with nutrient burn. It also strengthens the cell walls in the stems and helps them to develop stronger branches to support more bud weight through the end of the flowering cycle. In short, it helps the plant unlock its full genetic potential, especially when certain environmetal stressors are present. It also boosts the immune system of the plant, and aids in the plant's natural abilities to fight off pests and other nasty shit like powdery mildew.

So, adding silica definitely helps....not necessarily "game changing," unless you use a certain type of silica product such as Power Si or Elite 91's Silicic Acid. Those products contain much higher bioavailable and concentrated forms of silicic acid in a stable liquid form, which is difficult and expensive to do....which is also why those two products are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE and not really the best choice for home growers who are always looking for ways to produce quality flower at an affordable overhead cost.

But to a commercial grower, it's worth forking over the big bucks for a higher quality silicic acid because it will most certainly have a positive affect on yield and quality on a level that will make the price tag on Power Si or Elite 91 Silicic Acid look like chump change.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Got 12oz