Quest for a pound

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Antdro707, Apr 2, 2021.

1. I do all my growing from Nov-May. Gets too hot in summer here to grow indoors without running up the bills.

• Like Like x 2
  2. So my freebies came through, got 2- hps ballast and 600 watt cmh bulbs , a 2ft x 4ft fluorescent lights and an portable ac with the exhaust able to be ducted out! Bout to change up my set up and see what happens.

Attached Files:

3. Nvm idk what the hell kind of plug this is on the ballast for hps

Attached Files:

4. He has a thread, but he uses insulated totes, wouldn’t be surprised if they were retro fitted coolers with the tops modified so that a tote top would instead fit it. Now mind you he does swap frozen bottles in the res during the hot days.

5. Just so everyone is clear, “hydroponics” does not mean setups that involve water-based mediums, such as DWC. Hydroponics includes soilless mediums as well. If the medium isn’t soil with nutrients in it, it’s hydroponic.

So when you say “outdoor hydro,” then yes you can grow outside in a pot full of coco coir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Facts but shit in 115 degrees idk how roots could survive in coco.....

7. Man I barely can survive 115 no way a plant can lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Neither will a DWC setup....not without a really good chiller.

If you want to grow outside in that kind of heat, dig a 3-4 foot hole and backfill it with living soil that has coco coir as a base. Maybe the ground will provide some insulation from the heat.

I would also search for very specific genetics that do well in very warm climates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. I dont see ballasts anywhere in your pictures. Those hoods/bulbs require a ballast to run.

These are $95 on amazon
    Ballast.JPG

Same here.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Not true, know a guy on here in the desert doing outdoor hydro with ice packs in the res, now the res is insulated

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. oh there are a ton of inefficient ways to do it. I was just citing the efficient way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Coco into the ground though is Interesting

13. This is going to be a pounder I believe.
    5 gallon pot in ffof and nutes under a single sf2000. Sativa star from crop king. Flipped to flower 36 days from sprout. No larf IMG_20210408_220046147.jpg IMG_20210408_220053432.jpg

Attached Files:

14. That looks good , how many plants are u running and in what space?

15. Took all 5 of the 6 led out of the tent and added the 600 watt cmh in the tent , not gonna lie it looked brighter with the 6 led. But time will tell. I want to flower in the next 2 weeks should I buy an hps bulb for flower?

Attached Files:

16. 4×8 tent 800w of lighting various stages of flower IMG_20210409_055138830.jpg IMG_20210409_055154510.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anyone know how many watts per sq foot is needed to flower a 25sq foot area with hps?

18. 1000w I believe

19. Single ended bulb? I would run a 1000w at 1150w.