Quattro kush winter grow

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by sethd513, Nov 21, 2020.

1. 62991876255__2DDC61CD-CB7F-4F71-8F2B-C4568E78ECD0.jpg
    Thinking the micoriza burnt it a bit. I new I put a lot down and didn’t have any good reason to. Going to try non on the next grow. Going to veg one more week abs take clones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Week 8 veg

I really am up in the air about taking clones and flipping or not. These plants need a defol for sure and they are just a mess. I will be glad when this crop is over. Hoping for more coverage next time with less veg time. Might go for 3 clones in a 6 week veg in hopes of covering the space fully.

On better news, i pressed some of the flower from the mothers last night. 4 days after harvest. 187 degrees with a minute warm up and 3 minute press. 20-25% yield in a bag on a 2 ton press doing 5 grams at a time. This is a huge thing for me. Hasn’t happened yet and it smells great. It’s in the fridge right now. Thinking I need to put it on a heat Matt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 63011836266__1E71337B-1D7B-4138-AB69-F82C8FC29852.jpg
    63012090648__A53DE34B-F6A8-460D-8EA5-36F8C3033072.jpg
    63012115564__2E199411-4CC4-4A44-8ECC-9651B182248C.jpg

So harvest went good. 6.5o’s from the seed plants. Neither of the first photos are trimmed. The first picture those buds got burnt up but are super fat. The second picture is the bud that I took the clones of. Kind of understand now when my cuz said clones suck because you need to find the right cut. The fat buds are great but the thinner buds you can’t practically see through the tris BUT the bud reminded me more of my outdoors then a nice tight indoor huge bud. So my plan is to flower and extra week in hopes that’s all this cut needs to really shine and pack up.

Looking forward to flipping these and taking clones probably on Xmas. I think I need to do 6 plants in 3 gallon buckets of this strain to get some solid colas and max coverage in the tent.

Assuming I’m going to clone them and do no trimming or cutting or anything other then a top on the 6th node in hopes of fast growth and just bending everything into a scrogg week 3 of veg.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IMG_0146.jpg
    Which would you prefer? Left and middle are this harvest. The right is summer outdoors.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Everyone’s always dissing the outdoors.

6. No not that..lol.. it's just not trimmed up that well.so bud appeal is lower..that's all.. if it was trimmed up it looks like the others..

Sent from my moto e using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. All 3 buds were trimmed the same. The outdoors suck! Haha bag seed vs ethos

• Like Like x 1
  8. #50 sethd513, Dec 25, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    Week 9 veg/ week 1 flower

Flip the lights today. Cut everything way back. Took clones. Not happy with how the grow is going. I’m hoping the next one will be simpler easier and less maintenance the way I’m thinking about doing it. Doing a 9 week flower this time not 8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also realized I was burning plants with light. Going to try 28k lux max in flower and 47k lux on week 4 flower. See what happens. Found a chart and any more needs co2

• Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great strain to press. 25-30% yield on a 4gram squish at 187 for 3 minutes with a 1 minute warm up. Anyone care to comment why I can’t make budder? Is the temp to high. Should I bring it down 5 degrees next time? Seem to have the same results at 4 days and 2 weeks after harvest. The two week stuff actually seems slightly more golden.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Very beautiful.. do you have any recommendations on a good press for a decent price@

Sent from my moto e using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Yea man rosin press New York 2 ton is what I have. I think I was 500$ out the door with 100 bags. Part of me wishes I had the next size up now that I know how to squish but I’m pretty sure if I put 5 grams of dry ice keif in there At a time I’ll be able to fill up a small mason jar. He recommends 1-5 grams of flower so I don’t see why I couldn’t double that with keif or bubble.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #54 sethd513, Jan 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    Week 2 flower

Start of the second week of flower since the light change. Stretch is looking pretty good. The last defoliation recoup really well I’m getting some pretty tight node spacing. Not sure if it’s luck or skill yet probably know better on the next one.

I don’t feel as though I have the canopy density but I do feel that I have the same canopy coverage as I did on my 13 week veg with 20 gallon pot finish. This being an eight week veg with 7 gallons could save a ton of money if I yield a pound

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. #55 sethd513, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Week 3 flower

Week 3 starts tm but figured I’d get the post up. I think all my clones rooted and have huge tails. Gotta get those in soil tonight. Might feed nutes next weekend as pistols Are showing. Not sure though yet. Don’t want to burn these.
    63173288945__F84906C4-D16E-4466-A9CD-75DA98365590.jpg

14. This grow isn’t looking right. I think she needs some
    Food for sure. Not sure if I should do a tea or top dress. I don’t want to burn them so the tea would be the better option.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It’s brewing as we speak

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gave the girls the tea. Came out to like 580 ppm and gave them each a gallon. The soil has only been being used for 4 weeks but 80% of it was the root ball from the transplant so hopefully it wasn’t to hot. If it looks good this week I’ll probably do one more feeding in a week or two of the same tea same strength.

Also trying to get my led set right. My first grow this time in flower I was full blast and like 10-12” away. But I used that same light to veg. So a i dimmed up and moved it closer I think the plants were more used to it. Plus I was in a 20 gallon bucket now only 7.

Does a larger bucket allow for bigger buds? I was somewhat happy with the buds on these out of the 3 gallon pots. Now they’ll be finish in 7 gallon pots. I’ll have to see how things come out to see if I want to go 3 plants in 10s or 5-6 plants in 3s for my final grow of this strain this winter.