Quattro kush winter grow

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by sethd513, Nov 21, 2020.

1. #1 sethd513, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Ok so I’m back baby. And I feel I’m able to put my journal without question into the organic section. This will be my 4th grow. The first two are documented on here in the first timers section. Just in short my first was a clone grow indoor. My second time was bag seed outdoors. My 3rd grow got me to this point. Having my first baby was an adjustment with everything going on so writing up the third grow wasn’t an option.

For this grow to happen I bought the ethos quattro kush multi pack male/female seeds. I popped all 10 of this strain. All came up fast and strong. I don’t have exact times now but they are written down. My system is as followed.

Seed starter tray with dead soil
    3” short round m3
    1g to a 3g

Always watering with mammoth p and feeding papas poop 1 week before light switch and second week of flower.

The grow I’ll be journaling is clones taken from these mother plants from seed. This was my first time cloning and all clones took but I only ended up with 7 female that survived in the end. I’m growing two.

These are the flowering mothers at 6 week from light switch. I fooled around a little with transplanting and nutes and had a slight burning issue. Seems to have gotten better but now they are just getting straight phed water at 6.0-6.2. Estimates on flower are 9-10
    But I thought i read 8-9. We’ll see.

62726312669__8E376361-A48F-4221-AE24-6AAA436B4531.jpg
    62726309968__BB34D154-FF02-4FB2-B1F5-73E47D9C4920.jpg

The first picture is plant 4. That is the mother the clones I am growing were taken from. The other picture the females didn’t survive.

So now to what’s really happening and what the journal is about. These clones are 5 weeks old. They were transplanted about a week ago into 3 gallon pots. Also had a good defoliation yesterday. [​IMG]

They have been lst since going into the 1 gallon pots. I thought 4 main branches would be Easiest to work with. I plan on scrogging these two in my 2.5x5x73” tent. Finishing in 20 gallon pots. Unless I can fit two 25s in there. Not sure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WEEK 4

so today starts week four on these clones. I was assuming it was week 5 but I made a grower accommodation and will be sticking to my veg starting when they hit a 1 gallon pot. This allows me to have the same growth from seed or clone. Temperatures are ranging from 78 to 82° anywhere from 55 to 65% humidity may be a little higher at night. They seem to have started growing a little slow but I have been LST on them so I don’t know if that has to do with that. Also making sure my pH is 6.5. Excited to get these in the flower Tent but realistically I don’t think those buds will be ready for a few more weeks so even if they are growing slow in the veg tent that’s totally fine with me because I don’t have the room for them to really spread their legs yet.

Also using organic Citrix acid to ph down. So as far as I’m concerned everything is 100% organic but everything is bought not made by me. Baby steps! Gotta crawl before I climb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome back sethd513. Looking good. What soil mix are you using? Most of us do not pH our water in organic soil. High quality compost will buffer the pH all on it's own, within reason.

3. So I’m using m3 Michigan made. It’s all natural and organic and in the past outside I’ve added compost and not phed. Inside I have added undergrowth but I didn’t totally care for the bugs. I’d like to do it again but I don’t want to much going on as everything is in the basement.

I feed mammoth p every water and micoriza microbs as needed. I’ve been under the impression all these things are organic and having a healthy balance of them in the soil helps everything thrive. I don’t have growing worms or anything sliding around my pots indoors.

Does this mean I’m out? I deffinatly want to journal this but in the right sub category so that any misconceptions I had are cleared up and anyone reading this doesn’t have any confusion.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Appreciate it tim. I’m not trying to say I’m the organic master or well versed in organics. Just more of an entry level water it leave it and feel good about no synthetics going into your body type of deal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Though many come close here on GC, I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that would claim to be a master organic grower. We are all learning here. Sharing our knowledge to help one another is just what organic growers do.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I have a vegging discrepancy. I transplanted from
    The small 3” round to the 1 gallon pots. I feel like the 1 gallon pot should be the start of veg since the plant at that point has good roots to start to grow. I transplanted to the 1 gallon on 10/29. Going by this makes Tomorrow’s update the start of my week 5.

Veg in my eyes will always be starting in the 1 gallon pots.

Flower will always be when I see the first pistles.

• Like Like x 1
  7. When my seed sprouts above ground, I place a plant label in and date it. Although, it really doesn't matter when you start counting. Vegetative growth for me is always 8-10 weeks before I achieve the plant structure I want. But, I use a augmented mainline in my photo period grows. As far as flower time, the plant is done is when it's done. I use flip day as a guideline. Breeder timelines are just a rough estimate. This is just the way I've been doing it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Week 5

So I went down stairs today and my 18x30 tent has been full and looking great. Today I’m assuming pot bound and I’m a little worried as I still have a few weeks to go. The led light got turned way down as the plants are only 12” from it now. I feel like I have two more weeks of flower to go before I can move them. Let’s hope maybe flower ends next week but I really don’t see it. I’ll hit a picture later today in hopes that maybe they just have the droopy morning blues due to the holiday. They are drinking the same as the flowering plants and are in the same size bucket. This really slows down progress because I know if they went right into a 25 gallon and vegged for 5 more weeks I might be right where I want.

• Like Like x 1
  9. IMG_2779.jpg
    IMG_2780.jpg

So like I said they were a little droopy. I cut them back and tied them back. Also added some more soil. Thinking Sunday they might get a watering and some growers recharge to perk them up. Made sure the light was about 30k lux and that’s all I can do. Hopefully only two more weeks.

I’d love to put them in the 10 Gallon pots and use my yo-yo saucers I made to really pull this thing down.

• Like Like x 2
  10. This is the Mother they were taken from...

Week 7 from flip. Could be 2-3 more weeks.
    IMG_2784.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm going through the same issue on 2 of my 7.. rootbound for sure.. water once a day .. I went ahead and just flipped since it's used all the soil.. and wasn't growing. Lol..

Sent from my moto e using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. #13 sethd513, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Tm is the official update but I had a change of thought. I was going to grow some monsters wide and finish in 20 gallon pots. After more research and then some more research and then some reflections back to other grows I had a thought. The whole point is that less is more right.

So when my mother’s are finished I’m going to transplant into 7 gallon pots. Depending on how many weeks I am in veg for I might transplant and let sit for 2 weeks before I flip to flower. Put them in the scrogg. But I’ll take clones again, and my goal is to veg the same time as these clones but hopefully getting faster growth leading to a larger harvest in the same amount of time. Eventually getting to less soil less electricity.

This is the mother last night. IMG_0003.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tm- tomorrow sorry.

14. #18 sethd513, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Week 6

I need to get these things transplanted and into the flower tent! I was going to do 7 gallon pots and scrogg but part of me thinks I’ll just use my 10 gallon saucers with my yoyo attachments and flower it that way. Reason being is I can totally rotate the plants even remove them from the tent. We’ll see how it goes. Hopefully only 8 full weeks of veg. We’ll see.

IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. This is after they woke up for the day from the post above.

IMG_0027.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Love the clip rig on the temp/rh gauge.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2