Purposefully drown plants for 10 days pre harvest?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sonoma473, Sep 13, 2020.

1. I read it out of curiosity too. I agree.

I have so many questions that could only be answered in a lab setting.

-Does drowning affect the yield, thc levels, terps, etc. since it's not getting air for the last week? Does it stunt growth the last week?
    -Does it actually taste better initially? Does it taste better than properly cured stuff 1-2 months later? Double blind studies would need to be done.
    -Could the anecdotal results just be a placebo or self fulfilling prophecy effect?
    -Does the chance of disease increase?
    -Do the positives outweigh the negatives?

2. So we're blow hard because we disagree with your question?
    Bro science isn't real science.
    There's a lot of things growers do that's not based on actual science.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I was thinking that only the roots were submerged but I read the OP again and see it's the whole plant. Some years ago I was reading a thread by this guy who was trying a water cure. He submerged his fresh cut plant in water and left it for a week. After a few days it started making bubbles and after a week when he tried to take it out of the water to dry it all fell apart and smelled like it had turned. I don't know for sure how it turned out because his last post was when the plant fell apart in the water so I'm guessing it didn't work out too well for him. This looks like it's basically a modified water cure with the roots on and the best outcome would be a smoother tasteless smoke as the water solubles like chlorophyll, terps, and sugars are mostly washed away. If you try it, OP, be sure to change your water daily. A water cure has it's place but I don't see any point in leaving the roots on. I think @Joker1121 has done it.

4. You're right, it is just the roots. On the RIU thread It was DWC guys that would fill up their bucket to the rim and turn off the bubblers so the water loses all its oxygen.

Im not sure how this would play out in a soil grow. I imagine root rot would be a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  5. When I try a new method I like to know exactly how what I'm doing is supposed to work and how it's better than the old method. Often what I think is going to happen doesn't happen which means some of the stuff I do don't work.

6. My thoughts exactly, so many questions and answers we’ll prolly never know or get. Especially if all this does is start the curing process a little sooner, is that extra week or so really worth it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stoner science at its finest lol

But it must be true - it came from the scientists at RIU.

Good lord.

j

• Like Like x 1
  8. There is some science that supports this surprisingly. How much of a difference it makes though is pretty unclear and in the end prolly not worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Don’t... just dont it’s a stupid idea that will only bring about bad things

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Water and dead plants? Lol

I’d have to guess that once any plant is yanked it’ll only live in clear water for a few days - then decomposition is going to set in.

j