Purple Haze/Sweet Sour Journal 2021

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by dobro49, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Because of lower temps etc. Even when I greenhouse grow autos, a typical 75 day strain (grown indoors) often takes as long as 105 to 120 days. Everything slows way down when its cold, but it doesn't 'stunt' or stall. They just take their time.
    cheers
    os

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Day is shot, cold rain. Weather warnings for the afternoon and no sun. Cool couple of days follow. Blah!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. It’s a really cool morning (44) but I’ve got some sun to work with today. Another cold night and then a warm up.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Excited to watch man, I'm thinking about starting 2 seeds outdoors in my greenhouse but I'm also worried about cold Temps still.. looking good tho!

• Like Like x 2
  5. If I can get thru today and tonight, I’ve got some ideal weather on the way from Sunday forward. I know these autos are a run against the clock and this recent stretch of cold n rain has set me back.

• Like Like x 3
  6. You got a light you could put them under till better weather arrives? Probably a dumb question lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. I’ve got plastic domes on them (if the wind lets them stay) and they are near a wall. It’s just the cool temps I have to worry with today and it gets better.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 371CFE2C-7BBA-4069-8EEB-8AA100EAC0D3.jpeg Soil temps read in the mid 60s last night so I cut these plastic pieces to hopefully trap some heat. I weighted them with sockets for the wind. Good sun but still cool today.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Believe it or not, you have it backwards. Clear/ or semi translucent plastic will trap heat in the soil. Black will make the plastic hot, but shade the soil. Trust me!
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. I started to use clear. I’ll redo.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I took the domes off for what is a 2nd day of favorable plant weather and let them catch the direct rays. I left the clear plastic on the soil in hopes of retaining heat since it’s still cool nights, tho I bring them in.

• Like Like x 3
  12. 7995C5E1-58D7-4447-837E-16EDAA5C5F8C.jpeg 2 weeks in and growing slow. It’s cool at night where I keep them.

• Like Like x 3
  13. They might be slow, but they look good!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  14. It’s too dark for a pic but these warmer temps seem to be putting some pep in these youngsters. I noticed growth and the plants just look stronger.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Awesome man, are you planning to do any training

• Like Like x 3
  16. Nah, I just let them run. I need to learn I guess.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Lol me too, but that stuff Os suggested seemed to really work for me, I plan to be a little more intense with it next run to try to really even out my canopy

• Like Like x 3
  18. I like the way they talk about slightly moving leaves over to get more light and such and will probably try a little of that. I’m not discounting what others say or do but I hesitate to cut off leaves or really touch the plant at all. I’m certainly not claiming to be right but it’s just always been my approach. Maybe those 4-H people got in my head.

• Like Like x 3
  19. What are the 2 black tubes ?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Those are the water ports for the Grobucket SIP planters. I’ve got homemade ones too but these work good and I’m lazy.

• Like Like x 2